SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Also the mod developer says at one point he is going to try and make it so that all maps can be travelled to from another i.e. Altis to Stratis/Chernarus/Takistan or even other planets etc. Via longsword.

I can only imagine travelling from new mombasa through space for an OP on Eridanus II.

At that point they would have to incorporate slipspace though, with the accurate distances between planets.

At that point they would have to incorporate slipspace though, with the accurate distances between planets.

Even then in slipspace it would take weeks to get there. :)

No one is really sure how it will work (author didn't want to discuss it this early) but if so, we can just use the location we used on earth for eridanus 2.

No one is really sure how it will work (author didn't want to discuss it this early) but if so, we can just use the location we used on earth for eridanus 2.

Are we close to a release of an early build? I'm not sure how long I can last.

Are we close to a release of an early build? I'm not sure how long I can last.

You are the illuminati, if anyone knew when it was going to be released, I think it would have been you.

That's true as well. Perhaps it would just be simplified for the mod, like if you were to enter cryo-sleep in the ship it would just teleport you to your destination instead.

Yeah for now I'd say that's a good idea. Hell, incorporating all the landmasses available in ArmA for the different terrains of Eridanus would be awesome, although I'm not sure if you'll just be ripping from the original ArmA maps.

I come with bad news.

The author of the Cosmos engine mod got in contact with me and gave me the torrent link to the mod. The idea is very interesting, and I am not totally denying the compatibility of the mod with ours, however we will not actively seek further actions to integrate it.

Before when I mentioned, "part of the surprise" the other part still remains. We aren't completely dedicated to it like we are with the main features of the mod, but if all goes according to plan and it works out how we imagine it will, you should be in for a treat to down-play this sad news.

Also, Warthogs are done (for the most part)! Our wonderfully talented texturer, Stirls, deserves a break while we get the Hogs in game but next up will be the Pelican!

Edited by spacenavy90

I come with bad news.

The author of the Cosmos engine mod got in contact with me and gave me the torrent link to the mod. Then I found out how it actually works, by using the program "SpaceEngine" (a personal favorite of mine) to generate the solar system.

The idea is very interesting, and I am not totally denying the compatibility of the mod with ours, however we will not actively seek further actions to integrate it.

Before when I mentioned, "part of the surprise" the other part still remains. We aren't completely dedicated to it like we are with the main features of the mod, but if all goes according to plan and it works out how we imagine it will, you should be in for a treat to down-play this sad news.

Also, Warthogs are done (for the most part)! Our wonderfully talented texturer, Stirls, deserves a break while we get the Hogs in game but next up will be the Pelican!

Can't wait to see the Pelican being worked on!

On the note about the Cosmos Engine mod, what was the problem with it using SpaceEngine? I am not familiar with it so I don't know what the draw backs are :P

I come with bad news.

The author of the Cosmos engine mod got in contact with me and gave me the torrent link to the mod. Then I found out how it actually works, by using the program "SpaceEngine" (a personal favorite of mine) to generate the solar system.

The idea is very interesting, and I am not totally denying the compatibility of the mod with ours, however we will not actively seek further actions to integrate it.

Oh I see, so it is a compatibility issue you are concerned with?

To be honest I'm more excited about being an ODST in a simulated environment, the Cosmos mod was a cherry on top.

I'm hoping this mod doesn't die when MCC comes out, although I'm sure we'll all be pretty distracted during it's release.

Can't wait to see the Pelican being worked on!

On the note about the Cosmos Engine mod, what was the problem with it using SpaceEngine? I am not familiar with it so I don't know what the draw backs are :P

Oh I see, so it is a compatibility issue you are concerned with?

To be honest I'm more excited about being an ODST in a simulated environment, the Cosmos mod was a cherry on top.

I'm hoping this mod doesn't die when MCC comes out, although I'm sure we'll all be pretty distracted during it's release.

Yes, it is a compatibility issue. No matter what the author does, the implementation will not be able to accomplish what we imagined simply because it is using a separate program.

That being said, SpaceEngine is one of the most underrated programs out there. Please Google it and download it. Give it a shot and explore the universe (literally the entire universe). It will blow your damn mind.

About the MCC... I'm not going to lie I will be tied up with it for a while, haha. But it definitely will not die.

Hopefully a lot of you will be tied up with me playing custom games and matchmaking.

Quick question from your resident gamer girl.

We know the UNSC has front line role men and women in the ODST, Army, Marines and even Spartan program.

Has anybody on the dev team here considered ambient integration with this mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180099-FEMAL3-Alpha-1-Crude&highlight=Femal3

Its a promising mod that is far from dead, I really hope we can break Bohemia interactive's aparent sexist take on Arma lately.

p.s: looking forward to the pelican screenshots ^-^ (im a bit of a pelican fan-girl)

I really hope we can break Bohemia interactive's aparent sexist take on Arma lately.

Its not that Bohemia Interactive is sexist its more to do with time. It was discussed a while ago (don't have a link) but basically it was said that it would take them far too long to model vests and uniforms specifically for the different body type.

Edited by deltagamer

Its not that Bohemia Interactive is sexist its more to do with time. It was discussed a while ago (don't have a link) but basically it was said that it would take them far too long to model vests and uniforms specifically for the different body type.

Quite a few people from Scotland here I thaught I was the only one.

Quick question from your resident gamer girl.

We know the UNSC has front line role men and women in the ODST, Army, Marines and even Spartan program.

Has anybody on the dev team here considered ambient integration with this mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180099-FEMAL3-Alpha-1-Crude&highlight=Femal3

Its a promising mod that is far from dead, I really hope we can break Bohemia interactive's aparent sexist take on Arma lately.

p.s: looking forward to the pelican screenshots ^-^ (im a bit of a pelican fan-girl)

You and I already talked about it over Steam a while back.

We have expressed interest in integration of the FEMAL3 mod, but just like every other mod on our list, it will have to come later while we finish getting the assets in.

FEMAL3 works very well with TEI though, considering the amount of women soldiers that served in the UNSC.

You and I already talked about it over Steam a while back.

We have expressed interest in integration of the FEMAL3 mod, but just like every other mod on our list, it will have to come later while we finish getting the assets in.

FEMAL3 works very well with TEI though, considering the amount of women soldiers that served in the UNSC.

We can't forget when Donna was in Halo 2, that was pretty awesome.

We have to have that Sassy Pelican pilot as well, we can't forget about her :P

You must be talking about Echo-419, Foehammer :)

Absolute favorite pilot ever.

Edited by spacenavy90

Every sci fi game needs a sassy dropship pilot.

Are there any plans for local police/gendarmes? Are you imagining the situation on Eridanus to be more an insurgency, or open rebellion with force on force?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the bottom of the asset post, missed it before.

You must be talking about Echo-419, Foehammer :)

Absolute favorite pilot ever.

You know our motto: we delivuh

Also, will you be featuring the MA37 for UNSC Army units? I think it would be pretty neat to see the differences between the Army and Marines in the Halo universe that isn't as apparent in the actual games.

You know our motto: we delivuh

Also, will you be featuring the MA37 for UNSC Army units? I think it would be pretty neat to see the differences between the Army and Marines in the Halo universe that isn't as apparent in the actual games.

Yes, we will! Which differences did you have in mind?

Yes, we will! Which differences did you have in mind?

The BDUs, the weapons and vehicles used, stuff like that. It would be interesting to see the M6J carbine make an appearance too, since the Army used that.

Edited by Trooper226

The BDUs, the weapons and vehicles used, stuff like that. It would be interesting to see the M6J carbine make an appearance too, since the Army used that.

We have the different weapons like the DMR for the Army and Battle rifle for the Marines. The M6J carbine may be added later on like the MA5K. As with the uniforms, we already have the different camo patterns.

I'm not sure what you mean about the different vehicles though, can you elaborate? Other than the Falcon, I can't think of any differences.

We have the different weapons like the DMR for the Army and Battle rifle for the Marines. The M6J carbine may be added later on like the MA5K. As with the uniforms, we already have the different camo patterns.

I'm not sure what you mean about the different vehicles though, can you elaborate? Other than the Falcon, I can't think of any differences.

I see, that's a good plan. And honestly that was the only difference in vehicles I could think of off the top of my head. Oh and to see the different spec ops units of each branch as well, ODSTs for the Marines and Airborne for the Army.

I see, that's a good plan. And honestly that was the only difference in vehicles I could think of off the top of my head. Oh and to see the different spec ops units of each branch as well, ODSTs for the Marines and Airborne for the Army.

That is something we won't do. The ODSTs, UNSC Army/Marines and possibly SPARTANs later on will be the only units for the UNSC.

That is something we won't do. The ODSTs, UNSC Army/Marines and possibly SPARTANs later on will be the only units for the UNSC.

The Airborne are just paratroopers under the branch of the UNSC Army, and parachutes already exist in ArmA 3. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement I would imagine, and would give players an alternative to loud ODST entries.

I noticed you said possible SPARTANs later on. What have you considered for their implementation?