SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Are you guys going to be integrating it into Play withSIX? That would be pretty handy.

I'm also wondering how you guys are gonna tackle the Longsword, because that thing can carry some insane ordinance. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with PTSD from the Halo: Custom Edition Longswords and the whistle of the nukes falling on Coldsnap.

Are you guys going to be integrating it into Play withSIX? That would be pretty handy.

I'm also wondering how you guys are gonna tackle the Longsword, because that thing can carry some insane ordinance. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with PTSD from the Halo: Custom Edition Longswords and the whistle of the nukes falling on Coldsnap.

Play withSIX, yes of course.

While the Longsword is one of my, if not my absolute favorite Halo vehicle, I haven't had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of a Longsword before (never really played or got into Halo Custom Edition). But in regards to its ordinance, it will be one hell of a beast. 50mm autocannon, 120mm ventral gun (no 90 degree swivel sorry), bombs and missiles up the ass. Basically a dozen A-10s on steroids. You don't want one to be flying above you. I also want the front ramp of the Longsword to drop down and have a fully modeled interior so you can walk up and into the cockpit from outside.

That is my dream.

Play withSIX, yes of course.

While the Longsword is one of my, if not my absolute favorite Halo vehicle, I haven't had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of a Longsword before (never really played or got into Halo Custom Edition). But in regards to its ordinance, it will be one hell of a beast. 50mm autocannon, 120mm ventral gun (no 90 degree swivel sorry), bombs and missiles up the ass. Basically a dozen A-10s on steroids. You don't want one to be flying above you. I also want the front ramp of the Longsword to drop down and have a fully modeled interior so you can walk up and into the cockpit from outside.

That is my dream.

Okay cool, personally I find Play withSIX more useful for these types of mods than the workshop.

Oh man, you need to take a break and go download Coldsnap or Hugeass and play with the dev team.

The bombs were so massive it would mess with the physics of the game, it was hilarious to have a bunch of people trying to kill each other with these.

As for the way the vehicle works, I'm also curious as to how you're going to handle the Pelican. Are you going to have to step up and into the vehicle first before you get in the drivers seat? The way it worked in Halo: Custom Edition was you had to actually run inside the Longsword like in the video, I think it would be more immersive if you had to walk inside. I just don't how how buggy the physics would get with ArmA. Either it would work fine or you would get ragdolled into orbit or something ridiculous.

Okay cool, personally I find Play withSIX more useful for these types of mods than the workshop.

Oh man, you need to take a break and go download Coldsnap or Hugeass and play with the dev team.

The bombs were so massive it would mess with the physics of the game, it was hilarious to have a bunch of people trying to kill each other with these.

As for the way the vehicle works, I'm also curious as to how you're going to handle the Pelican. Are you going to have to step up and into the vehicle first before you get in the drivers seat? The way it worked in Halo: Custom Edition was you had to actually run inside the Longsword like in the video, I think it would be more immersive if you had to walk inside. I just don't how how buggy the physics would get with ArmA. Either it would work fine or you would get ragdolled into orbit or something ridiculous.

I personally have had some issues with Play withSIX, but it does have its uses that for sure.

The way the video opens, with the player running up into the Longsword is almost exactly how I imagine the Longsword will be in Arma (in regards to entering it).

As for the Pelican, it would be nice but there just isn't enough room for the player to do that. Plus there isn't a ramp for the player to walk up and onto the Pelican like there is with the Longsword. If you mean about the flight model for the Pelican, we are going with a helicopter type of setup. I experimented with the VTOL modes, and it just wasn't the same. It didn't give the Pelican feeling like the helicopter version did. With it, you are able to do very quick insertions similar to how they do them in the games. You are still able to get up to high speeds too. With the VTOL, you just went way too slow in "hover" mode and the transition between plane flight and helicopter hover was waaaay too slow to be useful. I think you will be pleased with what we have.

I personally have had some issues with Play withSIX, but it does have its uses that for sure.

The way the video opens, with the player running up into the Longsword is almost exactly how I imagine the Longsword will be in Arma (in regards to entering it).

As for the Pelican, it would be nice but there just isn't enough room for the player to do that. Plus there isn't a ramp for the player to walk up and onto the Pelican like there is with the Longsword. If you mean about the flight model for the Pelican, we are going with a helicopter type of setup. I experimented with the VTOL modes, and it just wasn't the same. It didn't give the Pelican feeling like the helicopter version did. With it, you are able to do very quick insertions similar to how they do them in the games. You are still able to get up to high speeds too. With the VTOL, you just went way too slow in "hover" mode and the transition between plane flight and helicopter hover was waaaay too slow to be useful. I think you will be pleased with what we have.

Yeah it's not perfect, but for full conversion mods it does it's job well.

Oh okay I see. Are you going to make the Longsword a VTOL instead since it's kinda huge? And I'm sure you can mess with some values to make the Pelican go fast while still being a helicopter, it pretty much works like one anyway. Do you guys have the Pelican in-game and working the way you describe?

Yeah it's not perfect, but for full conversion mods it does it's job well.

Oh okay I see. Are you going to make the Longsword a VTOL instead since it's kinda huge? And I'm sure you can mess with some values to make the Pelican go fast while still being a helicopter, it pretty much works like one anyway. Do you guys have the Pelican in-game and working the way you describe?

I was thinking about that, we probably would make it VTOL. Just because everywhere you see it taking off ingame it is going VTOL.

And yes, we already have it ingame. I think the highest speed I've gotten is around 600km/h. You can watch it being used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITim_EZHsU&feature=player_detailpage#t=239

I was thinking about that, we probably would make it VTOL. Just because everywhere you see it taking off ingame it is going VTOL.

And yes, we already have it ingame. I think the highest speed I've gotten is around 600km/h. You can watch it being used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITim_EZHsU&feature=player_detailpage#t=239

Yeah, and it's pretty cumbersome like a typical VTOL. I can't wait to see a squadron of those taking off from the frigate.

And oh okay I see. Have you thought about adding a button at the back that opens up the hatch or closes it? Perhaps the rear most seats can shoot out. Have you also considered adding variants with Gatling guns at the back?

Kinda like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9nBKnAYVhWQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, and it's pretty cumbersome like a typical VTOL. I can't wait to see a squadron of those taking off from the frigate.

And oh okay I see. Have you thought about adding a button at the back that opens up the hatch or closes it? Perhaps the rear most seats can shoot out. Have you also considered adding variants with Gatling guns at the back?

Kinda like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9nBKnAYVhWQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, this is all already planned. That video was a very, very early version of it. Everything you mentioned will be included. :)

I am loving every little bit of this. I'm super excited to see the Pelican when its done with texturing and in-game :P The Warthogs look amazing as well, I just hope the texture in-game isn't glossy/shiny looking like a lot of other mods I see, especially on the tires.

Keep up the good work you guys!

Yes, this is all already planned. That video was a very, very early version of it. Everything you mentioned will be included. :)

Oh okay cool. Now I don't really know if ArmA would be capable of doing this, but are you going to also include those drop pods with weapons inside that the pelicans carried around back in Halo 2 and 3?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071116040101/halo/images/3/3f/Resupply_Capsules.jpg

I am loving every little bit of this. I'm super excited to see the Pelican when its done with texturing and in-game :P The Warthogs look amazing as well, I just hope the texture in-game isn't glossy/shiny looking like a lot of other mods I see, especially on the tires.

Keep up the good work you guys!

It is all about the RVmats :P

Oh okay cool. Now I don't really know if ArmA would be capable of doing this, but are you going to also include those drop pods with weapons inside that the pelicans carried around back in Halo 2 and 3?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071116040101/halo/images/3/3f/Resupply_Capsules.jpg

Well, I'm not sure how we could make them drop from the pelican (maybe a script that spawns them underneath the pelican and they falll to the ground?) but simply making them a weapons crate (with different weapons in some) would suffice.

Well, I'm not sure how we could make them drop from the pelican...

attachTo is your friend :)

Uhhg I NEED to see these in-engine! Haha and any updates on the Frigate or pelican? Or are you saving those for later?

Insurrectionist Warthog

Used to transport troops.

http://puu.sh/cvHAN/b3dafaeb37.jpg (1038 kB)

Very nice design, I love that it looks all beat up. Sticks to the lore.

Uhhg I NEED to see these in-engine! Haha and any updates on the Frigate or pelican? Or are you saving those for later?

In the op there should be links to the different assets they're making and the frigate has some screenshots. I haven't seen anything new for the pelican other than the early testing phase.

Check the screenshots on the first post for the Charon frigate album to see the new model! We will work on the interior more after the first release.

As with the Pelican, it will be textured after the Warthogs are finished. (I'm excited for it too)

So are you guys completely replacing the Paris with the Charon? It would be a shame to see the Paris gone, it's my favorite UNSC Frigate. Second favorite ship beside the Infinity :P

So are you guys completely replacing the Paris with the Charon? It would be a shame to see the Paris gone, it's my favorite UNSC Frigate. Second favorite ship beside the Infinity :P

But... The Autumn...

But... The Autumn...

Sadly, yes. The Charon just fits the mod's uses better. It is used for planetary assaults unlike the Paris which is for ship-to-ship combat.

However, we have something planned. And if it works out how we anticipate you should be happy. :)

But... The Autumn...

I do love the Halcyon Refit. It is a nice ship, don't get me wrong, but I've always loved the Frigate and the Infinity is just awesome to me. But the Halcyon would probably be ranked on par or right below the Marathon Class :p

Sadly, yes. The Charon just fits the mod's uses better. It is used for planetary assaults unlike the Paris which is for ship-to-ship combat.

However, we have something planned. And if it works out how we anticipate you should be happy. :)

Well, it does make sense. I will keep definitely keep up to date to see what you have in mind! This is my most anticipated mod to be released for Arma 3!

I do love the Halcyon Refit. It is a nice ship, don't get me wrong, but I've always loved the Frigate and the Infinity is just awesome to me. But the Halcyon would probably be ranked on par or right below the Marathon Class :p

Well, it does make sense. I will keep definitely keep up to date to see what you have in mind! This is my most anticipated mod to be released for Arma 3!

If what we're planning goes ahead, you'll be anticipating the mod A LOT more. Trust me. Something massive.

#tease

If what we're planning goes ahead, you'll be anticipating the mod A LOT more. Trust me. Something massive.

#tease

That face when we're gonna get Infinity class and you'll have to manuever 6km of ship around the map somehow