SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Wondering if there's a way for you guys to implement a feature where you can turn off the HUD on those helmets and then the visor becomes see-through. And when you turn it back on, the visor loses it's opacity. I guess that's more of an aesthetic thing more than anything but it would definitely be pretty cool and would add to immersion, sorry if somebody has already asked about this.

iTzBam, here you go! Just fixing some stuff up, adding some UNSC medic logos. Rest easy knowing you were the reason I actually got started on it!

-image-

Awesome! looks great thanks!

Wondering if there's a way for you guys to implement a feature where you can turn off the HUD on those helmets and then the visor becomes see-through. And when you turn it back on, the visor loses it's opacity. I guess that's more of an aesthetic thing more than anything but it would definitely be pretty cool and would add to immersion, sorry if somebody has already asked about this.

Already done.

By the gods...

Indeed, it is quite exciting.

For anyone wondering about the lack of content posts and updates, we are still working very diligently even if we do not post something here.

Soon we should have some really nice screenshots of the updated and rigged units completely in game. Videos most likely as well.

But Moddb is another place I post updates, including a couple new soundtracks Soundcloud user McChaffee (audio developer for another Halo mod; Homefront) has generously made for us.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection

another question.

will the mod be AGM compatible?

Someone asked this question in the comments of the Moddb page.

Along with ACRE, TFRadio, AGM and perhaps a few other mods one of the goals of this mod is to make them compatible.

It will not be upon alpha release, maybe not even beta. But hopefully by full v1.0 release.

Someone asked this question in the comments of the Moddb page.

Along with ACRE, TFRadio, AGM and perhaps a few other mods one of the goals of this mod is to make them compatible.

It will not be upon alpha release, maybe not even beta. But hopefully by full v1.0 release.

i´m willing to help with the AGM integration :-)

Biggest focus is probably TFAR/ACRE2 support since thats relatively easy and simple. AGM/CSE/etc. support will probably be later down the road though.

AGM isnt that hard to include.

it works with most addons, even if the addons have no "AGM-integration"(nothing is mentioned in the cfg files about AGM) because it is based of the classes. so if you define a new Machine-Gun and put it in the game, the barrel is change able from the start(if it is not working only one line have to be added)

also overheating and jamming is working without any additional entries. so it should work from the beginning.

only thing that have to be done is fine-tuning to get a bit more reliable weapons for example.

so if you need a volunteer, i would like to do it.^^

AGM isnt that hard to include.

it works with most addons, even if the addons have no "AGM-integration"(nothing is mentioned in the cfg files about AGM) because it is based of the classes. so if you define a new Machine-Gun and put it in the game, the barrel is change able from the start(if it is not working only one line have to be added)

also overheating and jamming is working without any additional entries. so it should work from the beginning.

only thing that have to be done is fine-tuning to get a bit more reliable weapons for example.

so if you need a volunteer, i would like to do it.^^

Awesome! When the time comes where we start to integrate it, I will make sure to contact you.

Since ArmA 3 does a really good job at PiP, would it be possible to have the screens on the inside of the ODST pods display cameras of your squads pods, or other information such as altitude and speed?

Since ArmA 3 does a really good job at PiP, would it be possible to have the screens on the inside of the ODST pods display cameras of your squads pods, or other information such as altitude and speed?

Yes! Actually we already have something like this implemented now. Displaying other unit's pods seems like a bit of a waste, but I think a camera showing the view of the bottom of the pod would be useful.

Altitude and speed are also good ideas though. Any other ideas you had for them?

Yes! Actually we already have something like this implemented now. Displaying other unit's pods seems like a bit of a waste, but I think a camera showing the view of the bottom of the pod would be useful.

Altitude and speed are also good ideas though. Any other ideas you had for them?

Maybe put a radar on one of the screens? If you dont want to put feeds from the inside of the other pods, that seems like a good idea, since the ODST's did have ways to see where the other pods landed in order to regroup.

I would say have the left hand screen be PiP for the bottom of the pod and the right hand screen be for information such as altitude, speed, structural status of the pod, and maybe staging status of the pod (or vice versa for the positioning of the screens).

Are you guys going to implement the different types of hatch openings for the pod? The pod normally opens with the hatch flipping up and the emergency release shoots it off, just wondering if you guys are going to try that or if it seems pointless to have both.

I would say have the left hand screen be PiP for the bottom of the pod and the right hand screen be for information such as altitude, speed, structural status of the pod, and maybe staging status of the pod (or vice versa for the positioning of the screens).

Are you guys going to implement the different types of hatch openings for the pod? The pod normally opens with the hatch flipping up and the emergency release shoots it off, just wondering if you guys are going to try that or if it seems pointless to have both.

This is what I had in mind as well. And yes we will have both options of door opening available for different circumstantial uses.

Another thing I wanted to get the communities opinion on it is should the player be allowed to use a weapon while still inside the pod? One scenario someone mentioned to me was what if you dropped very close in front of an enemy, you blow the hatch off pull out your sidearm and neutralize any threat that arises before exiting the pod. It does seem pretty Hollywood, but it wouldn't be a difficult addition and it has more pros than it does cons. This one scenario was all it took to convince me haha

One piece of information that would be cool to have is estimated time to touchdown.

i would love to see Master Chief in Arma :D he's so freaking hot! <3 please make it happen...

Sorry, but the SPARTANs are very useless to us. :)

If you want to be a UNSC Army solider or Marine, then sure! But no Master Chief.

But no Master Chief.

:( so sad T_T but it's alright, this is absolutely an awesome mod especially for Halo lovers :)

keep up the good work, spacenavy90! ;)

Pod already has bottom-facing PiP camera, emergency and normal hatch opening and displays your altitude. Radar thing sounds a little complex, but i might be able to set it up to where people in your group have their LZs marked on the map automatically.

You could include SPARTAN-IV's. ODST's and members of the previous SPARTAN programs were invited into it. And with as widespread as humanity became before 2500's, it's likely that many refugees would've volunteered for the program. Just a thought.