SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

oooooh i'm diggin how you handled the version with no attachments, is the assault rifle going to be getting the same treatment? so instead of the big ammo counter block you can put a holo sight or scope?

oooooh i'm diggin how you handled the version with no attachments, is the assault rifle going to be getting the same treatment? so instead of the big ammo counter block you can put a holo sight or scope?

Yes! It will!

In fact, most of the weapons will be getting this (where it could apply obviously).

Holy crap my pants are gone!!!!

Helljumper helljumper whereya been,

feet first into hell and back again

when i die please bury me deep

place my MA5 down by my feet

dont cry for me, dont shed no tear

just pack my box full of PT gear,

Cause one early mornin' 'bout Zero-Five

the ground will rumble there'll be lightning in the sky

dont you worry dont come undone

its just my ghost on a PT run

Brilliant lads. Real quality work. Have you planed to have specific fuctions for difficult equipment, for example lights on helmets or hud improvements for certain helmets?

What about an automated weapon system for the tank? It'd be a more realistic assumption of why a tank can be manned by a single person.

Or, hide the driver seat and make the visible seat technically be a gunner seat. Then, with an AI in the hidden driver position the player could be a gunner and still command the driver. You'd need to always have an AI driver and it wouldn't be SUPER responseive but it would at least do the trick.

Brilliant lads. Real quality work. Have you planed to have specific fuctions for difficult equipment, for example lights on helmets or hud improvements for certain helmets?

My end goal is to have every single helmet attachment function in some way. So, yes, the flashlight will work as a flashlight, the laser designator will allow you to lase targets, the rangefinder will function as a rangefinder, etc.

Hey Eridanus Insurrection team. For someone like me who's favourite franchise of all time is Halo and with Arma 3 as my most played game on Steam this mod is the perfect concept. Ive always wanted to see how Halos more realistic style from the books would feel in a game. Ive been following this mod for quite some time now and Ive seen it go from having next to nothing to all the cool stuff that is already showed. I created a BIS forums account to say Im really excited for this mod and cant wait to see more. Are you considering realising some kind of alpha to the public and in what kind of timeframe would it be released if youre doing it?

J

Hey Eridanus Insurrection team. For someone like me who's favourite franchise of all time is Halo and with Arma 3 as my most played game on Steam this mod is the perfect concept. Ive always wanted to see how Halos more realistic style from the books would feel in a game. Ive been following this mod for quite some time now and Ive seen it go from having next to nothing to all the cool stuff that is already showed. I created a BIS forums account to say Im really excited for this mod and cant wait to see more. Are you considering realising some kind of alpha to the public and in what kind of timeframe would it be released if youre doing it?

Well thank you for your support! To answer your question yes we are planning a public alpha which is scheduled to launch before the year is over.

J

Well thank you for your support! To answer your question yes we are planning a public alpha which is scheduled to launch before the year is over.

This is probably premature but will the alpha be open or will it be closed to a set number or a select group of people?

This is probably premature but will the alpha be open or will it be closed to a set number or a select group of people?

Public means anyone can download it

We should make a uniform that specifically has no pants for this purpose.

Thanks for the reply. Before the end of this year is faster than I expected, but then again you guys are making a lot of progress. Looking forward to it.

How many children do you have? Damn, son. Damn.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We just want to make this mod the best damn HALO recreation the world has ever seen!

Love those ODST helmets, hot damn. I'll be modding in Buck's firefight voice in so I can pretend I'm Nathan Fillion.

I purposefully don't post after every new image to save myself from being repetitive...............

Frickin' amazing :D

ODST Medic:

http://puu.sh/bUCPH/0651ef7677.png (1271 kB)

ODST Rifleman:

http://puu.sh/bUCGA/5bd3d74559.png (1250 kB)

Enjoy!

Just to clarify, the "Rifleman" is actually what the sniper variant will look like.

The default rifleman will have the base ODST helmet:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110403204330/halo/de/images/f/ff/Odst_bdu_helmet.png