SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

i feel like some of you guys forget that these are WIP pictures and that all is relative... i guess in future posts ill have to add WIP to the pictures posted. we havent perfected the pink hello kitty super kawai uniform textures yet that we will use on the final product. we are going for that anime/hentai look on the UNSC Kawai troopers. hopefully we can manage to make it really stand out...

but seriously...

I didnt mean to imply this was finished Product, I know its WIP but the point of WIP display is for feedback no?

All im meaning is that comparing the latest armour preview to Reach era soldiers who in HaloReach were actually the Army, The brown doesnt seem to fit the UNSC.

I think a more urban white/grey is the UNSC's usual style or the olive drab of the ceramic armoured Halo3 era marines, Im only saying that the latest image is a little a-stray.

Anyway, As for the modelling and how the rigging seems to be going, its looking very good.

all good. we actually did research though. unsc aemy has 3 camo patterns. 1 desert, 1 woodland and 1 urban similar to nomex. all in due time though.

on a sidenote if anybody is good in rigging i will give you my first, 2nd and 3rd born along with my car, my house and a thai massage if you take over from where i left off x.x gonna take a step away for a day or two and pick it back up. unrelated... i hate O2...

but seriously. anybody with previous rigging and weighting experience wanting to help out, let me know please.

First of all, this mod looks fantastic. As somebody who is both a veteran of the ArmA and Halo series, it makes me happy to see someone finally combining them.

Out of curiosity, what section of the Halo timeline are you aiming for? I noticed the armor you've used looks Reach-era, just wondering what time this takes place. Also I noticed that New Mombassa was under consideration, and I sincerely hope that goes through. ArmA 3 lacks a city-scape to fight in and New Mombassa would be absolutely perfect for that scenario.

Can't wait to see more of that ODST armor up close, too. I think once you guys have your basic armor assets completed, you need to do a Forza-style ViDoc just showing off what they look like so all the Halo/ArmA fans can drool. I really hope this mod doesn't die out, you guys are doing something special. Can't wait till this hits alpha, I'm definitely going to be recreating scenarios from the expanded universe into missions.

First of all, this mod looks fantastic. As somebody who is both a veteran of the ArmA and Halo series, it makes me happy to see someone finally combining them.

Out of curiosity, what section of the Halo timeline are you aiming for? I noticed the armor you've used looks Reach-era, just wondering what time this takes place. Also I noticed that New Mombassa was under consideration, and I sincerely hope that goes through. ArmA 3 lacks a city-scape to fight in and New Mombassa would be absolutely perfect for that scenario.

Can't wait to see more of that ODST armor up close, too. I think once you guys have your basic armor assets completed, you need to do a Forza-style ViDoc just showing off what they look like so all the Halo/ArmA fans can drool. I really hope this mod doesn't die out, you guys are doing something special. Can't wait till this hits alpha, I'm definitely going to be recreating scenarios from the expanded universe into missions.

It would make sense for it to be roughly based around 2513; during the uprising of the Eridanus Rebels, and the commencing of UNSC's retaliation with Operation: TREBUCHET. I imagined that the New Mombasa map was more for the sake of homage, or just a project for fun~ Perhaps ground to promote a future Covenant addition. However, I always saw it as being very difficult simply modeling Covenant creatures, and getting them to properly function in the ArmA III engine.

By no means is this an official answer. I am not a dev for this mod; just wanted to get my foot into this thread, which I have been wanting to do for some time, ha.

yup, this is going to be human vs human, unsc vs insurrection before the covenant came into the picture and before spartans. we want to capture what other halo games did not expand upon.

Perhaps ground to promote a future Covenant addition. However, I always saw it as being very difficult simply modeling Covenant creatures, and getting them to properly function in the ArmA III engine.

Just so everyone understands, there will be no Covenant.

Not now, not ever.

Just so everyone understands, there will be no Covenant.

Not now, not ever.

Was that a misunderstanding for what I meant? Or for general awareness to avoid others from misunderstanding?

Either way, just to clarify; I was more so referring to other mod developers making the attempt~

The name of -THIS- mod makes it very clear what the focus is.

It would make sense for it to be roughly based around 2513; during the uprising of the Eridanus Rebels, and the commencing of UNSC's retaliation with Operation: TREBUCHET. I imagined that the New Mombasa map was more for the sake of homage, or just a project for fun~ Perhaps ground to promote a future Covenant addition. However, I always saw it as being very difficult simply modeling Covenant creatures, and getting them to properly function in the ArmA III engine.

By no means is this an official answer. I am not a dev for this mod; just wanted to get my foot into this thread, which I have been wanting to do for some time, ha.

That seems like it would be correct. And I agree that the New Mombassa setting probably wouldn't fit in very well lore-wise, but I wouldn't mind and I'm not sure anyone else would. As for the Covenant, I'm not even sure it would be possible for this modding team, as talented as they are. They would have to model them, rig them, animate them, and much more (and I'm not even sure the ArmA engine can support new skeletons, unless they cleverly use a human skeleton as seen in Garry's Mod Covenant NPCs). If they finish everything to make this mod perfect for what they're working on now, then I'd say at least give it a shot.

I'm curious about the weapon sounds you are using. Are you ripping them from the Halo games or picking whatever is closest to them from the ArmA sounds?

[EDIT] Just saw the no Covenant post, sorry.

I'm curious about the weapon sounds you are using. Are you ripping them from the Halo games or picking whatever is closest to them from the ArmA sounds?

I am pretty sure taking the weapon sounds from the games is against the fair use policy so I'm afraid that option is not available. But with a lot of this mod, our philosophy is that we do not need to reinvent the wheel for every asset, so similarly to the Innies, we will be using in game assets (sounds).

I am pretty sure taking the weapon sounds from the games is against the fair use policy so I'm afraid that option is not available. But with a lot of this mod, our philosophy is that we do not need to reinvent the wheel for every asset, so similarly to the Innies, we will be using in game assets (sounds).

The soundtrack for ArmA 3 is fantastic anyway, I'm sure it'll sound wonderful once it's done.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tosT6F0pVXI/VA2pdXRczNI/AAAAAAAAA4g/K2FdKje87Tw/s1600/WIP%2BShot%2B1.png

Shotgun! All textured. There's a tan variant AND a flashlight attachment, too. I can't take credit for the low or high poly, it's all thanks to Martynball from Deviant Art. What a guy!

http://martynball.deviantart.com/

hands second born child

Love the shotgun ,

Hope to see high quality animations with it . ( maybe take a look at HLC weapons for it )

That looks bad ass. Only thing I'd say is that there is some repeated wear on the grip of the shotgun, each ridge has exactly the same little chip missing, which looks a little odd. Not a priority but just something I noticed.

I'm a big Halo fan and have always wanted a much more serious and realistic and in depth approach to the series. I hope you guys are still working on this and can make it happen my hopes are very high and i guarantee you this will be the most popular mod for arma! Just Make sure there is a visual and skill difference between the UNSC Army and the UNSC Marines maybe give the Marines some real marpat or something im actually going in to the Marines so please make sure you do a little research on the army and the marines to make some real world differences to the two UNSC branches and also to add more realism. Don't be afraid to go in depth with it either that would just make it way cooler. Remember Marines are quality while the Army is just quantity. Dont be afraid to add different divisions within the two branches either. Army for example has the Rangers, Marines Have Force Recon and MARSOC which in recent news some MARSOC units have been renamed to Marine Raiders. But anyways make sure there is a clear difference between the Army and Marines. The Marines are the bad asses and the army is tough but Marines are way better. and The ODST could be a part of the Marines unless they are considered to be the NAVY SEALS. ODST shares a lot in common With Force Recon,MARSOC, and the Navy SEALS. I really hope this works you guys release it and that you also hear me out. I think this will also silent any halo haters arma may have and make it feel much more realistic, serious, and in depth. Thank you for your time reading this Post.

I'm a big Halo fan and have always wanted a much more serious and realistic and in depth approach to the series.

First off, I'd like to thank you for your support of them mod.

However, I do not appreciate the context of your post. We do NOT need to start a Marine vs Army flame war here, especially when we are talking about fictional Marine and Army organizations.

The only UNSC factions will be ODSTs, Marines, and Army troopers. No specialized branches such as Pathfinders or anything.

I can see this is your first post on the Bohemia Interactive forums so please read the forum rules and your own post before submitting.

Hey there a question I keep getting is with the Paris class frigate.

is it only going to be a stationary object (like a flying building) or are you planning on making it a moveble like a gaint ship in the air? also the weapons on it just deco or are you guys planning on making it real weapons?

Looks amazing so far the unsc is the kind of faction that completly misses on ArmA 3!!!!

Hey there a question I keep getting is with the Paris class frigate.

is it only going to be a stationary object (like a flying building) or are you planning on making it a moveble like a gaint ship in the air? also the weapons on it just deco or are you guys planning on making it real weapons?

Looks amazing so far the unsc is the kind of faction that completly misses on ArmA 3!!!!

It is hard enough to get a 500+ meter long object in as a static object so a flyable vehicle while awesome is basically impossible as of now. So for right now it is just a hovering building. But you can place it in different areas of the map. I just thought about though, but it might be possible to activate a script which teleports the ship and everything inside it to somewhere on the map to give the impression of it moving. And as for weapons, if I had it my way we would try to make all the weapons (MAC, point defense, missiles, etc) function. But it is seeming like all we are planning on including are maybe missiles that can be launched from the archer pods as a "fire mission".

Are your weapon ballistics going to mimic those of the Halo lore, or will you be pairing weapon ballistics to their most similar counterparts present in ArmA 3? I'm not sure if the specifics of each weapon are written in stone, but if they are it would definitely be a nice realistic touch. I'd like to know my SRS99 can take the hat of an Innie at 2000 yards, if you catch my drift. I'm also curious as to what model of the rocket launcher you'll include, or if you'll include multiple.

Are your weapon ballistics going to mimic those of the Halo lore, or will you be pairing weapon ballistics to their most similar counterparts present in ArmA 3? I'm not sure if the specifics of each weapon are written in stone, but if they are it would definitely be a nice realistic touch. I'd like to know my SRS99 can take the hat of an Innie at 2000 yards, if you catch my drift. I'm also curious as to what model of the rocket launcher you'll include, or if you'll include multiple.

We will be trying to get the best of both worlds when it comes to all game mechanics, not only the ballistics. While the halo universe is science fiction, it takes a lot of its information from the modern world. For example the 14.5x114mm is a real caliber used by the Russians today. As well as the 7.62x51 used by the UNSC and Nato. These will be the main sources in which we get information concerning ballistics data but we will also check the various Halo sources for inspiration. Basically what I'm trying to say is yes, you will be able to take the hat off an Innie at 2000 yards, that doesn't mean it'll be easy though. As for the rockets, we are trying to go mostly "Halo Reach" style with this mod so nearly everything will follow suit to that. We have something in the works that I do not want to discuss just yet until some thing happen but I think it will make everyone happy with the final product (concerning weapons).

I must be blind because I've just found this.Can't tell/write how glad I am for a mod like this and always wanted a big futuristic mod in Arma engine.I also hope you'll manage to pull it off and keep your enthusiasm,it's quite a big mod.

Hey guys i used to be on the forum years ago (ofp) had to make a new account so dont let that distract ya lol, anyways fantastic work i've always been looking forward to a realistic interpretation of the halo verse since the Flashpoint days so you have no idea how happy this makes me feel so yer been waiting a little over 10 years for halo mod so again thank you :), right i know you have lots of work to do already but in the future but will there be exo suits? ( im not talking about Spartans) slimier to the cyclops? as the mk III's were launched in 2510, now if information is correct the Erindanus rebels were formed before 2510 so the time period fits with what you are going for, plus it wouldn't surprise me if the rebels retrofitted some of the civi exos for combat, just an idea enough of me talking lol keep up the fantastic work i've waited 10 years so waiting a little longer for perfection is no problem :)

I must be blind because I've just found this.Can't tell/write how glad I am for a mod like this and always wanted a big futuristic mod in Arma engine.I also hope you'll manage to pull it off and keep your enthusiasm,it's quite a big mod.
Hey guys i used to be on the forum years ago (ofp) had to make a new account so dont let that distract ya lol, anyways fantastic work i've always been looking forward to a realistic interpretation of the halo verse since the Flashpoint days so you have no idea how happy this makes me feel so yer been waiting a little over 10 years for halo mod so again thank you :), right i know you have lots of work to do already but in the future but will there be exo suits? ( im not talking about Spartans) slimier to the cyclops? as the mk III's were launched in 2510, now if information is correct the Erindanus rebels were formed before 2510 so the time period fits with what you are going for, plus it wouldn't surprise me if the rebels retrofitted some of the civi exos for combat, just an idea enough of me talking lol keep up the fantastic work i've waited 10 years so waiting a little longer for perfection is no problem :)

Thank you both for your support! We have a very talented team who work every day to further the mod's progress. It has only been a few months since we started but we are doing very well and hope to have something out for every to play soon.

To answer your question snowbionekenobi, no there will not be exosuits. It is much more likely that we will include Spartans before we put in any type of exosuit in the context that you are speaking of.

I do have somewhat of a challenge/game for anyone who is willing to participate. Go into Arma 3, and in the main menu go to: Learn > Virtual Arsenal and from there make an Insurrectionist soldier using vanilla assets. Make it however you want and how ever you imagine an Insurrectionist would look like and post a screenshot of it here.