SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Spartan 1's are Spartans from Sparta~ Hence the SPARTAN Project being Spartan 2's, ORION was a experiment to test if it was possible.

Spartan 1's are Spartans from Sparta~ Hence the SPARTAN Project being Spartan 2's, ORION was a experiment to test if it was possible.

Spartan Is are not the Spartans you see in 300; they are the Project Orion - literally.

I always envisioned the MAKO drone as a small, VTOL drone with two missiles hanging off the side. You know, with a big eye/FLIR/TV/whatever camera at the front.

uav_work_in_progress_by_macksztaba-d5ny8hx.jpg

In actual fact, this looks really close to what I imagined it as.

gents before this turns into a flame war and gets the thread shutdown drop any talk about Spartans, short answer, NO, they wont be in game through our mod, so dont expect it.

anyways, that drone looks pretty cool. in regards to drones, we have something that was donated to us that will make for an awesome asset. needs some work but i'll let space announce any new assets ;)

Spartan Is are not the Spartans you see in 300; they are the Project Orion - literally.

I always envisioned the MAKO drone as a small, VTOL drone with two missiles hanging off the side. You know, with a big eye/FLIR/TV/whatever camera at the front.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/347/1/3/uav_work_in_progress_by_macksztaba-d5ny8hx.jpg

In actual fact, this looks really close to what I imagined it as.

Yup, Spartan 1's = ORION.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ORION_Project

Only take a little research to figure that out.

But that VTOL drone concept is almost perfect. Only needs some mounts for weapons and its done.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/353/6/c/vtol_uav_by_macksztaba-d5ok4em.jpg (larger picture)

gents before this turns into a flame war and gets the thread shutdown drop any talk about Spartans, short answer, NO, they wont be in game through our mod, so dont expect it.

anyways, that drone looks pretty cool. in regards to drones, we have something that was donated to us that will make for an awesome asset. needs some work but i'll let space announce any new assets ;)

What TheDog means by this is we recieved the F99 Wombat UCAV which will be used by the UNSC, while the MAKO drone will be used by the Insurrectionists.

Kasrkin that gunship looks great. I hope the guys pick it up and run with it. This whole mod is going to be fantastic when they release it. I think it fits more with the "futuristic" scenario created by BI.

Kasrkin that gunship looks great. I hope the guys pick it up and run with it. This whole mod is going to be fantastic when they release it. I think it fits more with the "futuristic" scenario created by BI.

For reasons I will not publicly announce, we will not be using anything from Kasrkin85th.

For reasons I will not publicly announce, we will not be using anything from Kasrkin85th.

Oh boy!! I love me some drARMA!!!

I have two pieces of criticism, firstly when in the drop pod there should be some head bobbing as well, secondly the visor outline needs some improvements. Overall thigh it's looking good.

Disagree on head bobbing, just shake/vibration. If your head could "bob" when using a drop pod, impact would probably kill you.

anyways enough of this drama stuff. here is a wip of the army desert variant. the rvmat needs work and the unit itself is currently undergoing rigging and weighting, long long process but i figured an update cant hurt ;)

http://i.imgur.com/wr8c2s5.jpg

anyways enough of this drama stuff. here is a wip of the army desert variant. the rvmat needs work and the unit itself is currently undergoing rigging and weighting, long long process but i figured an update cant hurt ;)

my combat diper holds stronk

My own personal peev is that the armour seems a little too... single item. It feels like its all mashed together, the gear 'looks' great but its hard to tell a lot of it apart from its self.

Example Its hard to tell where the armour ends and the BDU begins.

This is just what I think of this particular image though, the ODST's are coming along fantastic and the vehicles are looking great, just worried the Army textures might be a little too blended together.

My own personal peev is that the armour seems a little too... single item. It feels like its all mashed together, the gear 'looks' great but its hard to tell a lot of it apart from its self.

Example Its hard to tell where the armour ends and the BDU begins.

This is just what I think of this particular image though, the ODST's are coming along fantastic and the vehicles are looking great, just worried the Army textures might be a little too blended together.

I agree, the Armor seems a little too light and blends into the pattern to where some might say it gets washed out.

hey,

pic looks good. in regards of the "little too blended" issue,

i do think the finished rvmat will fix that.

in my opinion it is good that it blends in. thats the reason why it is called "camo"

what camo need to do is to brake up hard lines and silhouetts to achieve a "melting in" with the surroundings/enviroment

I don't know... the tan on the armor seems a bit too... orange.

Maybe its just me, but i feel like it needs to be more tan than it is

in the picture.

I don't know... the tan on the armor seems a bit too... orange.

Maybe its just me, but i feel like it needs to be more tan than it is

in the picture.

hm, maybe more like the apache color in that pic.

the lighter "brown" (cockpit area) could fit pretty well

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_aY8HRHsauE/UbkQhtXAnXI/AAAAAAAAZJY/h4fMImS9Y5M/s1600/Extract%2Bpages%2Bfrom%2BOperation%2BNordwind%2B1945_Page2.jpg

Yes, you both are right. The colors at the time are mixed only for the rigging process.

Once that is done, different textures will be applied.

RVmats are also an issue right now, but we have to tackle this ridiculous rigging/weighting process first.

If you look at the image of the actual textures I've posted prior, you'll see that the brightness and colour is relatively matched and discernable between each piece. I think it's just the RVmats, but we'll be tweaking the colours to make them look good of course! Cmon, you think I'd let it look all strange and mismatched? ;) Dog's just using it for rigging.

i feel like some of you guys forget that these are WIP pictures and that all is relative... i guess in future posts ill have to add WIP to the pictures posted. we havent perfected the pink hello kitty super kawai uniform textures yet that we will use on the final product. we are going for that anime/hentai look on the UNSC Kawai troopers. hopefully we can manage to make it really stand out...

but seriously...