SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

I just had an idea for the Zeus guy to play with!!

Would it be possible to write in the ability for zeus to call down ODST drop pods in the same manner as he/she summons airstrikes and ordinance?

Example, Zeus spawns an ODST Dropzone > ODST pod spawns + Drops > Pod crashes down > ODST of random type is spawned infront of Pod

Just thought of that whilst watching some of the ModDB vids. It would be a really awesome feature for Zeus to be able to call down ODST's as re-enforcements for the UNCS or if players are the innies, as obstacles.

I am no scripter but I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult. The drop pod sequence runs off a script so it shouldn't be impossible to allow the Zeus to activate the script in a certain area.

:cool:

That...looks amazing.

My first born is now yours.

Only the first?

Stirls make also the MA37 and all my born are your! xD

soooooo i learned how to rig and weigh properly and MAN it is time consuming... however i dont wanna leave you without a sneak peak. here is the desert variant of the army model. STILL WIP so dont freak out of any imperfections

http://i.imgur.com/O3TtZhj.png

EDIT: of course how can i forget, amazing work done by stirls on the high poly/ textures... love this guy

Edited by Thedog88

Only the first?

Stirls make also the MA37 and all my born are your! xD

nunez/atin is making the weapons, (well some of them that we dont already have)

edited- removed unnecessary info

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Regret, regret, regret...

Wearing pants today. Surprised by how far you've come in relatively little time.

if you are asking when alpha, can't tell you just yet. if you are asking if the drop pods will be in alpha, yes, they are planned for alpha release.

I have two pieces of criticism, firstly when in the drop pod there should be some head bobbing as well, secondly the visor outline needs some improvements. Overall thigh it's looking good.

if you are asking when alpha, can't tell you just yet. if you are asking if the drop pods will be in alpha, yes, they are planned for alpha release.

Would you by change be able to share what to be expected within public Alpha?

I am just dropping in to say yet again, that I love you. And more importantly I can't wait.

I have two pieces of criticism, firstly when in the drop pod there should be some head bobbing as well, secondly the visor outline needs some improvements. Overall thigh it's looking good.

I can't really figure out a good way to implement head bobbing. atm I'm using camShake. As for the visor, its more of a concept than anything and is nowhere near complete.

Hey Kasrkin,

Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about your messages to me a while back. ;)

It'll be in the mod, don't worry.

wooohoooo! yeah baby^^

you are the coolest guys ever :-D

so you liked the concept of it, huh? :-P

EDIT: have to ask: which version of it?

Edited by Kasrkin85th

wooohoooo! yeah baby^^

you are the coolest guys ever :-D

so you liked the concept of it, huh? :-P

EDIT: have to ask: which version of it?

Yes, we liked the concept very much.

The Halo universe lacked a believe squad automatic weapon (what is Halo 4?) and this one fills that spot very well.

They are very similar to each other, so much that I can't really notice any differences but we will use the second picture version.

cool,

i was a SAW gunner for quiet some time and if you use one, sooner or later you think about what could be better or useful.

The Halo universe lacked a believe squad automatic weapon

i was thinking same thing .

the only real difference is the optic, frontgrip, a bit shorter barrel and the fire selector (semi, full and save)

let me know if you need anything else concept wise.

maybe i can come up with a believeable halo version of the OICW or something else.

rifles and so on are covered pretty well.

Edited by Kasrkin85th

I know you have already informed your decisions with regard to the matter of the Spartans in the mod, but I would be happy if you read this article taken from 'Halo: Nation' because as I understand it, at least the Spartans I's were already there during the insurrection of Eridanus .

"Effectiveness and shortcomings

As the war against the Insurrectionists continued to escalate, the UNSC stepped up their counter-insurgent activities under Operation: TREBUCHET, created in response to the defector UNSC Marine Colonel Robert Watts.[8] The SPARTAN-Is became a key member in the fight against the rebel attacks across the colonies, taking down insurgents as soon as they cropped up — however as time went on the insurgent attacks became more effective, and insurgent personnel more difficult to root out, and over the ensuing decades, became more organized and difficult to combat."

Full Article: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/ORION_Project

I know you have already informed your decisions with regard to the matter of the Spartans in the mod, but I would be happy if you read this article taken from 'Halo: Nation' because as I understand it, at least the Spartans I's were already there during the insurrection of Eridanus .

As the war against the Insurrectionists continued to escalate, the UNSC stepped up their counter-insurgent activities under Operation: TREBUCHET, created in response to the defector UNSC Marine Colonel Robert Watts.[8] The SPARTAN-Is became a key member in the fight against the rebel attacks across the colonies, taking down insurgents as soon as they cropped up — however as time went on the insurgent attacks became more effective, and insurgent personnel more difficult to root out, and over the ensuing decades, became more organized and difficult to combat."

well these Spartans weren't really genetically modified, trained, or had access to the armor and equipment that the SPIIs' had. They were essentially ODSTs or other special forces members that the ORION program saw fit to receive more training, implants, and support. So I think they might work as long as they don't have the power armor but maybe can take a few bullets more and run a little faster than the rest...hmmm it'd be kinda cool actually

cool,

i was a SAW gunner for quiet some time and if you use one, sooner or later you think about what could be better or useful.

i was thinking same thing .

the only real difference is the optic, frontgrip, a bit shorter barrel and the fire selector (semi, full and save)

let me know if you need anything else concept wise.

maybe i can come up with a believeable halo version of the OICW or something else.

rifles and so on are covered pretty well.

If you really want a project (and this goes for anyone else) we need a concept for the Insurrectionists' MAKO drone that they used.

Basically, it would be small (about the size as a human) and have large recon lens and pylons for missiles. Not sure if fixed-wing or rotary-wing is more appropriate.

Number one reason Spartan 1s will not be included is because they do not have any distinctions with them.

They were simply modified and highly trained humans.

Spartans still aren't out of the picture though. Just very looked down upon and if they do get agreed upon, they will be one of the last things released.

This mod looks great. It's amazing how fast you made this progress. Keep up the good work guys! The stuff you have looks amazing. It's about time Arma got some sci fi mods. There hasn't been a big one since OFP.