SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Are you planning on eventually, after releasing all of the insurrection stuff, adding the rest of the stuff like the aliens and more advanced soldiers (spartains, right?) weapons, and vehicles?

The Covenant would be very interesting to include, but due more to the limitations of the Arma engine they are not planned for any kind of release.

Spartans, were apart of the Insurrection and are scheduled for a much later in development release if we do decide to do them at all.

on a sidenote, update to the hog. added the turret onto it and revamped the driving model. it now uses the arma 2 hummer driving model with decreased turn radius due to the wheels which brings me to the next part. managed to animate the wheels correctly so that the rear wheels turn inverted to the front. still having turret issues getting it to work but here is some sexyness for ya until i can fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/iuhYQH7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Rj8AhqH.jpg

edit:

should add that the gunner animation is a placeholder. sadly we will need to make a custom animation for it as the standard gunner animations are all high hands tucked to the chest while we need low hands away from the chest. this is the boat driver animation lmfao. it worked at the time, dont judge :P

Just wondering but are you going to release a Air Force pilot for the UNSC? It just seems odd for a Marine to by piloting a Pelican or a Longsword. I'm only asking because I didn't see it listed for development.

will have to look into it, but you know the marines, army, and navy have aviators right? i see where you are coming from but that is a minor thing we can tackle eventually.

Just wondering but are you going to release a Air Force pilot for the UNSC? It just seems odd for a Marine to by piloting a Pelican or a Longsword. I'm only asking because I didn't see it listed for development.

I too appreciate the small details. :)

Don't worry, we'll get it checked out.

The Covenant would be very interesting to include, but due more to the limitations of the Arma engine they are not planned for any kind of release.

Spartans, were apart of the Insurrection and are scheduled for a much later in development release if we do decide to do them at all.

Sorry, I have never played halo except for a few times playing multiplayer on my friend's xbox, so that' pretty much the extent of my knowledge of halo. When I saw this, I assumed it would be adding super soldiers that could melee a tank and aliens. Since you aren't planning on adding them in this mod. I was wondering if the team making this mod had any plans on adding it after they release their mod or making a whole new mod that added the post-alien contact stuff since this one is pre-alien contact.

Sorry, I have never played halo except for a few times playing multiplayer on my friend's xbox, so that' pretty much the extent of my knowledge of halo. When I saw this, I assumed it would be adding super soldiers that could melee a tank and aliens. Since you aren't planning on adding them in this mod. I was wondering if the team making this mod had any plans on adding it after they release their mod or making a whole new mod that added the post-alien contact stuff since this one is pre-alien contact.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Covenant would be interesting. It would be fun.

But overall, it would be HARD. There would so many challenges that I'm honestly not sure it is possible.

The reasons being there are multiple alien races: Elites (Sangheili), Brutes (Jiralhanae), Hunters (Mgalekgolo), Jackals (Kig-Yar) and Grunts (Unggoy) to name a few.

Obviously, they are not human so they have different skeletons from humans which are in Arma. This is the absolute most difficult challenge we would face in attempting something like that.

If this was solved, it would be possible and we would even consider it. But as of now, we do not plan on even attempting to solve it.

Short answer: no aliens.

Loving the stuff in the mod, my question since your not doing aliens is who unsc fight?

Idk if they fought any humans in halo I played that years ago

Loving the stuff in the mod, my question since your not doing aliens is who unsc fight?

Idk if they fought any humans in halo I played that years ago

they are fighting the insurrectionists, rebels. basicly you can say its their fault that humanity was caught off guard when the covies did show up

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Covenant would be interesting. It would be fun.

But overall, it would be HARD. There would so many challenges that I'm honestly not sure it is possible.

The reasons being there are multiple alien races: Elites (Sangheili), Brutes (Jiralhanae), Hunters (Mgalekgolo), Jackals (Kig-Yar) and Grunts (Unggoy) to name a few.

Obviously, they are not human so they have different skeletons from humans which are in Arma. This is the absolute most difficult challenge we would face in attempting something like that.

If this was solved, it would be possible and we would even consider it. But as of now, we do not plan on even attempting to solve it.

Short answer: no aliens.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying.

Assuming all of the aliens are humanoid (having one head, two arms and legs at least) couldn't you model them, and just add custom animations for them? (Although I know that in itself is no easy task) Sort of like that mod that adds female bodies. I have never done something like this so pretty much all of that is theoretical, but It might work... :P

Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying.

Assuming all of the aliens are humanoid (having one head, two arms and legs at least) couldn't you model them, and just add custom animations for them? (Although I know that in itself is no easy task) Sort of like that mod that adds female bodies. I have never done something like this so pretty much all of that is theoretical, but It might work... :P

Well, the difference is that all of these alien races are either much larger or much smaller than humans.

Technically, it is possible to do them right now but they wouldn't look right.

The only alien race I can see functioning right now, is probably the Jackal.

This does not mean we are, or ever plan to work on Covenants though.

Don't get your hopes up.

Is that supply drop pod going to have an inventory with more weapons or is it only going to have like one weapon(the one in slot you can see)?

Also they are dropped in clusters (often from pelicans) so can each pod had a weapon class, like the rifle pod, ammo pod, heavy weapons pod and support pod?

I stay filled with admiration for your rhythm of work compared with other big mods.

Work on one of the best universes of the video games helps probably !

I look forward to the textured Pelican! :)

Good luck !

Well, the difference is that all of these alien races are either much larger or much smaller than humans.

Technically, it is possible to do them right now but they wouldn't look right.

The only alien race I can see functioning right now, is probably the Jackal.

This does not mean we are, or ever plan to work on Covenants though.

Don't get your hopes up.

I'm not sure it is the same thing, but didn't this guy make (or is making) huge opfor dinosaur units? http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/25/arma-3-dinosaurs/

to add to what spacenavy was saying regarding covies. its possible, absolutely, especially since yes there is a dino mod and there has been several other alien mods in the past. however,

1. it requires a bunch of custom work in the animation department. see how strange the dinos head moves at times, or how he slides when walking. its possible, but again, more work than reward.

2. it does not align with the era of the halo universe we are addressing. we are tackling the innies since they have not been well represented in previous halo games. if you want covies, there are a bunch of halo games for xbox for ya.

so that being said, as spacenavy said, we will not be making covies.