SpaceNavy

The Eridanus Insurrection - An Arma 3 Total Modication

Hello !

To help you for textures, there is this very known French Web site at our home.

There is a small part on the texturation on Blender (I believe that you use this software not?), that can maybe help you, personally, he allowed me to learn a lot if about modelling.

I hope that that will be useful for you (you can translate with googletraduction):

http://fr.openclassrooms.com/informatique/cours/debutez-dans-la-3d-avec-blender/obtenir-des-materiaux-realistes

If really you find nobody to texture your machines, I am willing to try to texture a small thing, but I am really a beginner. ^^

Amazing units! Just a little note, in my opinion (so it's just my personal opinion, I have no idea for other users) the armor load in the shoulders and upper torso, continuing still seem a bit too "heavy". :)

Oh man, I can't wait to land like that on unknown worlds! o_O

insanely amounts of amazing work coming together! this is going to be so damn great :) on to another day of modding!

Amazing units! Just a little note, in my opinion (so it's just my personal opinion, I have no idea for other users) the armor load in the shoulders and upper torso, continuing still seem a bit too "heavy". :)

If you mean it's too bulky, not really. ODST armor is pretty beefy. I think it looks if anything a little slimmer (only a tiny bit), but I like that it, it helps sell the fact that the insurrection was basically the conflict BEFORE what most people know of Halo. They shouldn't look exactly the same. Honestly though it's very close.

If you mean it's too bulky, not really. ODST armor is pretty beefy. I think it looks if anything a little slimmer (only a tiny bit), but I like that it, it helps sell the fact that the insurrection was basically the conflict BEFORE what most people know of Halo. They shouldn't look exactly the same. Honestly though it's very close.

I don't know about that : in Arma3, modelisation of the human body is much more accurate than in any Halo game out there. I think the equipment worn by those units should reflect that.

I understand, I want only specify that my observation is based not on "human model" of the Halo games but on a real man from various live-action trailer "We are ODST" and that of H3 "Landfall". In any case, as I said, it's just an subjective opinion :)

FNP6L7DG51GF0KA.LARGE.jpg

http://www.reviewstl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Halo-3-ODST-Live-Action-Trailer-We-Are-ODST.jpg (186 kB)

Edited by HH_FROST

I understand, I want only specify that my observation is based not on "human model" of the Halo games but on a real man from various live-action trailer "We are ODST" and that of H3 "Landfall". In any case, as I said, it's just an subjective opinion :)

http://cdn.instructables.com/FNP/6L7D/G51GF0KA/FNP6L7DG51GF0KA.LARGE.jpg

http://www.reviewstl.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Halo-3-ODST-Live-Action-Trailer-We-Are-ODST.jpg (186 kB)

Thanks for your input :) , we've decided that having some bulkier armor would fit the era of TEI. We can see from multiple examples that armor gets smaller as it becomes more effective, so it makes sense that older armor is slightly bigger than later generations. I'll talk around to see about lowering the straps, perhaps that can help, they are sitting a bit high.

Happy to help, I just have one question because I have not found anywhere in the thread: The MA37 and MA5C will have the contactor ammunition running, or will only be "scenic"?

if you are referring to ammo count on the digital display on the weapon then the answer: yes, we hope so. we will do our best to figure out how to make the ammo count correct. knowing arma, there must be a way to get it to count down the rounds. we just havent explored that yet. trying our best to get it working though

Concerning the ammo counter, it is absolutely possible. Someone discussed the feasibility and how it would work in the posts farther back and with me in private messages.

We will do our best to make it work because it is without a doubt possible.

Might want to edit the post title, 'modification' is spelled wrong.

:p

All this time and I didn't realise wow

Might want to edit the post title, 'modification' is spelled wrong.

:p

Woah.

You are a God lol I look at this forum everyday and never noticed.