Sign in to follow this  
Onto

"Can't connect to server." via "Host your own session"

Me and my friend both have this issue.

I have another port I use and he has port forwarded Arma 3's, but still cant connect.

It was fine until the recent patch. Please tell me if someone has a solution. Connecting by IP doesnt work.

Does anyone know how to connect to a friend's game yet. When I accept or send a game invite I get the dreaded "Server not found".

Does anyone know how to connect to a friend's game yet. When I accept or send a game invite I get the dreaded "Server not found".

Sorry for the bump.

Some friends of mine have sort of the same issue. Have have a ticket on feedback.arma3 that they are having a look at right now.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20151

Just gutted we can't get on.

I could make my friends find my host by enabling DMZ for my Tower.

You can enable DMZ by going onto your Router. look for Firewall or routing and see if you have DMZ there. make sure the Connect IP is your main IP and the report to IP is your tower that way all the Internet traffic will go to your pc and your friends will find it

We are on the same boat, it sounds like if they wanted us to pay for dedicated servers or something.

Me and my friends are moving back to Battlefield, we had it wasting hours/days trying to play together.

We use tungle , when it is up, and even with it sometimes not everyone can connect. Last night tungle was down.

And why the hell do we need to use third party workarounds? Some people don't like having to install stuff just because things don't work like it is supposed to.

So Tunngle is down sorry to hear.

And why the hell do we need to use third party workarounds?

Because gamespy is out of business, shutdown, and Arma3 noew is dependent on 3rd party systems, theres steam as an option,

other then that you could just rent a gameserver with slots for the number of expected players for $20 or less and have better performance,

and have no issues with any of this.

Some people don't like having to install stuff just because things don't work like it is supposed to.

I agree, I too went through the same thing with this for my buddy and me but for this game having things not work like it supposed wasn't

the game's fault, it was gamespy network that shutdown and now arma3 servers dont get listed

on that network, so... you need to find another network that will list the game where you can join servers or host, what it comes down too.

NP, with Gameservers its $15.95 a month for 8 slots, but based on where you live you'll want a server close to you, so if your in the UK best

to get a server located near you or you end up with a high ping=lag I recommend look at this list and read the reviews and see what you think.

Servers I had were Gameservers, NFO servers, and Fragnet, all 3 had

great support, and server performance was excellent. NFO turned expensive on us (my buddy and I) when we quit them and came back to them, we were

paying $10/month for 4 slots, now they upped the slots and added more, so its more, so we moved

on then it was just us 2 and maybe a friend on occasion.

Fragnet was the best we had a $10 slot server for $26 a month, super support, fast, and the

performance was outstanding, we had server location in the city were I live, which was about an hour from me, lol so i got the best ping out of the 2 of us.

Anyways heres the list:

http://www.gsprating.com/fragnet/

WTF? I have pay for a full game! Make a server with a friend was a feature of Arma. We nned a fix for Bis!

I read the feedback, and until today, no changes. Neither BI has commented anything. A year has passed...

It has been quite awhile since I fired up arma3, over a year at least. With all the changes and especially the 3d editor coming me and a bunch of friends decided to fire arma back up. We usually play small coop or pvp games around 5-7 of us. Guess what ...no one can connect. We can all join dedicated servers just fine but not hosted servers. I read through all the posts , I do not want to have to use another piece of software to make arma3 work. BIS needs to fix this otherwise this game is a bust, If Tunngle works that is great BIS needs to implement it then. MP (for me and my friends) is the only reason to we play arma. This is very frustrating, after looking at the dates in this thread this has been going on for a year! and nothing has been done to fix it. 

I want to be able to simply join my friends for a quick game. I dont want to have to find 3rd party work arounds, spend hours trying to configure my router,firewall etc or manage a dedicated server. I was actually excited to come back and play arma now I am just fed up.

[edit]

Well I couldn't let the problem rest and found the solution. The solution took hours and alot of internet searches but here it is. I have comcast internet service. My modem died awhile back and comcast came out and replaced it. What I didnt realize was they replaced just my basic modem with a modem/gateway. I use a netgear r7000 router and that is where the problem was. I was forwarding the ports on the router but the comcast modem was also acting as a router so I was never truly able to foward the ports for ARMA3. What is strange is I was able to connect to dedicated servers just not hosted servers nor could I host a server. The fix was logging into the comcast modem/router and bridging it. I could also just forward the ports in the comcast modem/gateway to my netgear router but I went with the bridge method. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem. Once I found the solution it took a few mins to fix and I can now join/host with no problems. I know alot of folks on these forums are computer gurus and would have figured this out in a manner of minutes but I am not a computer guru so took me most of the day.

I owe BIS an apology this was not their fault.