Sign in to follow this  
morthawt

How long do we have to wait for bi-pod's?

You have underwater vehicles, range finders with incredible zoom, yet there are no bi-pods for sniper rifles or LMG's? Seriously? How can this be any kind of simulator when it is so difficult to get the scope to stop moving long enough to get a shot at long distance? I installed a mod called simple weapon resting but it is not accepted on all servers and thus is useless. It is good on the servers it is accepted on but my point is this should be a basic feature of the game. Even Battlefield 4 (the other game I play) has bi-pods and it is not even a simulator. How do you give us the ability to zero weapon distances and not give us simple functional bi-pods?

I stopped playing a while back because I like to snipe and it is a painful experience with all the swaying, holding breath just to get the aim steady and then have to wait before I can do that again to get a second shot. The weapon resting mod changed that and I started to play more recently but I am now running into servers with people playing the maps I like that do not accept mods.

So now I am officially posting in the forum about this and I hope that something so simple will be implemented. I can guarantee you I will not buy Arma 4 unless I research it and find that it has functional bi-pods.

3 years or more ;) but I think that something like that just will not come. not forgot its infantrymen based ;) ;) ;)

3 years or more ;) but I think that something like that just will not come.

Maybe sooner.

A focused overhaul of shooting mechanics together with new weapons, the central goal of this development is to make firing a weapon simple to do but challenging to master. Due after the Helicopters DLC, we don't want to be too specific just yet; however, to achieve our goal, a set of interrelated features are planned, which aim to further improve the authenticity of firing weapons and offer new gameplay opportunities.

In terms of content, new weapons that take most advantage of these planned features will be included; chiefly, this will involve ranged and high calibre weapons. We're selecting armaments that offer genuine diversity; not just many of the same type of weapon with minor visual differences, but a true range that offers distinctive gameplay alongside some inherent advantages/disadvantages. Again, our objective is to improve the A3 platform more broadly; new features and mechanics are designed with existing assets in mind, enhancing the sandbox as a whole.

a dlc - ok the same are in arma 2 ? little new stuff has new features and the basic stuff not ;) nice ..... i hope the god of games gives them the inspiration for - new things for the complete basic stuff ....

Your best bet is to find a group or server that allows @VTS_Weaponresting and/or @TMR.

The best part of ArmA is the community that creates all the addons that do what we want the game to do. Bohemia made a fantastic game with tons of potential but its up to you how to play it with what we have available.

Animated bipods in conjunction with 3rd party weapon resting mods is as good as it gets right now. Hopefully the DLC will combine the features and add more. We will find out

Animated bipods in conjunction with 3rd party weapon resting mods is as good as it gets right now. Hopefully the DLC will combine the features and add more. We will find out

This.

Plus, it would seem rational that a "Marksman DLC" would have bipods and weapon resting and all the other Inglouriousâ„¢ things that snipers need; apart from boredom and shitting in bags etc. Bohemia are being tight lipped over everything they're making ATM so it's not worthwhile getting excited over things that may never happen.

We would all love some sort of system that lets people rest their gun barrels on objects or deploys a bipod, especially if they get it right regarding the pivot point; but it's probably a long way off given the current level of interaction between player and terrain.

Anyway, what's this topic doing on the dev-branch? This should be wishes/requests or whatever. Bipods aren't on DB so it's confusing having this thread hanging around like all the other requests disguised as "Development Branch" topics.

I thought I would write a forum post to the development branch. Made sense to me.

Right question is, how long do we have to wait for Army of Czech republic DLC that will be playable.BIS is Czech studio so they should make their country army. :mad: