IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

Small update incoming! Fixed that annoying get-in bug in the EF ending and some other minor stuff. As small extra, and since I already revealed a bit about the M.E.R.C.S. successor in previous posts, I'll give you an updated version of Raif's character sheet. Curious about what he had been up to after the events on Altis? There are a few clues in the image below, but hopefully not too many. Stay tuned, a proper announcement will follow soon. ;)

salihq4k2p.jpg

Version: 1.03

How to Install
Non-Steam Campaign PBO Version: Campaigns dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\Campaigns").
Non-Steam Addon Version: Copy the @MERCS folder to your Arma 3 dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\") and launch it as addon with a launcher of your choice or start the game with the parameter "-mod=@MERCS".
Steam Addon Version: Subscribe to the steam workshop entry and launch it as addon with the BIS launcher.

Changelog

1.03 - 15.08.2015

• FIXED: Liberty, Officer was refusing to get into the evac helicopter.
  • FIXED: Mod weapons with scope = 1 were still used in the shop and by the mercenaries.
  • CHANGED: EUROFORCE uniform is now the same as in the EUROFORCE stand-alone release.

License
APL-SA.png
Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.
All authors of third party content gave me permissions to use their works in the MANW Contest.

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!
  • aeroson for his get/set loadout and repetitive clean up scripts!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • Kydoimos for cross-reading and improving some of the dialogues and texts!
  • mrflay for his explosion detector!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his help regarding the awesome M.E.R.C.S. logo and way too many textures and images!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Download

Addon Version
Dropbox v1.03
Steam Workshop v1.03

Campaign PBO Version
Dropbox v1.03

Guest karton

Bugs founded:

1. I've resetted sucesfully progres state of cleaning map from insurgent presence (all flags became red once again). I don't know how but it may be result of talking with commander and asking him about this mission once again or changing a date to new day (those two occured until i've oriented something is wrong).

2. There is no way to clean up (with status update) two or more insurgent camps during one travel outside the Maxwell (of course i can kill everybody in camps, hower status doesn't update after first cleaned one).

3. Some flags of insurgents camps are yellow on the very beginning.

4. In a mission with heavy drinking (for $0) when i die i loose a part of equipment (optical sights, content of rig/uniform/backpack). I don't know what happen when i pass it without dying.

5. On the south of Camp Maxwell there is minefield. I really don't know how to disarm mines (except of shooting them).

Proposition:

On dialogue "window" name of the speaker could be on separate line. It would ease reading of dialogue. Eg:

Now:

Private John Snow: balblablablablabla

Proposition:

Private John Snow:

blablablablablablabla

Regards.

Hey, thanks for your feedback!

1. Don't know what could have happened there. The convo with the commander does not trigger anything. Maybe a savegame bug.

2. I'll have to investigate but that could be due to the fact that the AI garrison of the second location has been alerted and changed its position. Might be that you've just missed single AI.

3. That is on purpose.

4. Equipment is not saved when it is not stashed inside the car you start the mission in. I don't know why equipment you found there should disappear after a reload. (And I assume you're loading a savegame when dying.)

5. On purpose as well, there is no need to go there. There might be some optional equipment stashed if you manage to bypass the mines. Only engineers can disarm mines.

Unfortunately, there is very little space to display text, and some resolutions allow even less text to be displayed. Hence I'll stick witht he current approach of just putting it in the same line, even if it's not that pretty.

Guest karton

1. Indeed there may were a savegame bug also. However i didn't do anything unusuall.

2. There is very small possibility that i missed some AI. What i've noticed in one case is that AI was alarmed but in area. In second time, AI wasn't alarmed and final effect was the same. I've met such situation three times (100% reproducible). Two times AI wasn't alarmed and once was. I am quite sure no AI was slipped from area.

4. I did it in this way: i left all stuff in the car, firefight started, i was killed before I reached the car, I reload game from the save (this means "restart mission" because no save was made), i had no stuff after this, I finished the mission sucesfully. After the escape, in Maxwell i've found only part of the stuff.

5. Yep, there are other ways, hovewer i've hired technician and tried to command him to disarm mines - i had no option in command menu. I suppose this is rather game problem.

Then maybe you are able to colour names somehow. This isn't a big deal, however such improvement would speed up time of reading all dialogues. I am not native speaker (as probably you've noticed) and for me difference would be noticable. I think 5-10 more seconds for two-liners and longer dialogues would be good idea.

I've forgot...

General impression of campaign is really good. In my personal opinion your campaign and "The White Silk of Thanatos" are the best two campaigns made by community since the beginning of A3. I mean: nice plot, not many bugs and (especially) good balance.

1. I've been noticing some strange behaviour with the campaign namespace (where data like player's loadout, the cleared locations etc. is stored between missions) in the M.E.R.C.S. successor (currently in development) recently. Data was manipulated where it shouldn't be. I'm trying to investigate further into that direction.

2. Will have to check, I currently don't have many resources to fix M.E.R.C.S.

4. That sounds similar to what happened in 1. and might be related.

We'll see, what can be done.

Thank you, I didn't even know The White Silk of Thanatos. Googled it and found it on the MANW page, it looks interesting. I wonder why I've never heard about it, maybe a gem I haven't discovered yet. Thanks for letting me know.

Guest karton

Yes.  White Silk of Thanatos is campaign with emphasis on mood.

It has a bug in a mission 4 cutscene - you will die constantly.

To fix it you have to edit pbo file and make slight changes:

Death-on-the-Beach-Fix:
Delete the lines 'moveOut Williams;' and 'moveOut Orwell;' from cutscene_01.sqf in M04.Altis folder.

Yes, I've read about that before. I had to use a cheated debug console anyway as the devs removed the radios from some units causing the voice acting not to be played. Ah, that's one of the downsides of developing playable content for Arma. One constantly needs to fix old projects or eventually they will break up to a point where the content is unplayable.

Guest karton

Another bunch of data:

- laser designator doesn't appear "in possesion" in the shop

- after mission "Force Recon" garage with two wehicles dissapeared from the camp (however i had them still "in possesion"), but after "Badass One" everything appeared  once again. Particular missions probably have nothing to this problem.

The laser designator is sold under items but is recognised by the game as a weapon, hence it should show up under weapons. Same goes for binoculars. A relic from OFP days if you ask me. I've started just yesterday with a complete overhaul for the shop system, I see to adress this as well.

That second problem is indeed strange. It's been some time since I gave the campaign a complete playthrough. Do you use any mods?

Guest karton

I use this one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

However in my opinion it shouldn't interact with anything. But...

I didn't found laser designator anywhere "in possesion". But binocular is present.

-------

Small update, i've found designator in weapons as you've said.

JSRS shouldn't interfere with anything.

As said, I'm currently reworking the shop for better usability and plan to remove this smaller issues.