IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

Hi!

Having a blast with this great campaign!

Question:
I'm using a Thai keyboard, therefore, I am unable to accurately translate the Binary Code in the mission to find the IT man.

Inputting the code into a translator Online (Internet), I get this converted into TEXT:  $1"

I have not idea what to do. Seems to be map coordinates, but as I said, my keyboard is English/Thai.
Could I ?cheat? and get the answer someplace in this thread or from someone who solved it as a spoiler?

Thanks!

Hi!

Having a blast with this great campaign!

Question:

I'm using a Thai keyboard, therefore, I am unable to accurately translate the Binary Code in the mission to find the IT man.

Inputting the code into a translator Online (Internet), I get this converted into TEXT:  $1"

I have not idea what to do. Seems to be map coordinates, but as I said, my keyboard is English/Thai.

Could I ?cheat? and get the answer someplace in this thread or from someone who solved it as a spoiler?

Thanks!

Hey, you actually don't need to translate the binary on the laptop.

Use your binoculars.

• Like 1

I'm getting an error when I try to do the first mission from the British Knights base.  I do the briefing, walk to the "Insert on Foot" objective, get an objective complete message, and then the game goes to load the mission.  At this point I get this error message: 

No entry IP_CMP_MERCS/IP_CMP_MERCS/description.ext/Campaign/Missions/Hub02.M01b

I'm running stable branch, workshop version of M.E.R.C.S., and no mods.

I've tried checking cache integrity, deleting and reinstalling M.E.R.C.S., and reverting to an earlier ave.  Kinda bummed because I was REALLY enjoying the campaign!

If reverting doesn't work, I cannot really help you I'm afraid. Looks like the game tries to call an earlier mission when it shouldn't. I don't know why. There have been a lot of updates for Arma 3 since M.E.R.C.S. was last patched. Probably, something broke.

Maybe try to execute

[] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission;

from the debug console when you're in the hub.

I ended up reverting and everything worked fine, and I was able to finish the campaign with great success.  I think what happened the first time is that I attacked the nearby bandit hideout and that sent me to the second hub before I had finished the first hub missions.  So it was trying to access the first hub missions from the second hub...

Anyways, great campaign, still giving a lot of fun even with all the changes BIS have made to mess up your carefully crafted missions and story!!!

• Like 1

This is a great campaign!

But I got some problem here, after levels of meeting British Knight, my missions became significantly unstable during autosave, my game often crashes.

This only happens after joining Knights, the earlier missions worked fine. Any solutions?

Uh, no idea, really. The game keeps evolving, M.E.R.C.S. does not. It needs thorough maintenance I sadly don't have the time for.

Hey, I am experiencing a weird colour filter over the top of my MERCS missions. It is a browny-red filter that I cannot seem to turn off. When I go to the VIDEO or GAME settings the filter will temporarily turn off but when I go back to the game the filter is back.

And no my character doesn't wear sunglasses

On 16.04.2017 at 2:52 PM, Chasy said:

Hey, I am experiencing a weird colour filter over the top of my MERCS missions. It is a browny-red filter that I cannot seem to turn off. When I go to the VIDEO or GAME settings the filter will temporarily turn off but when I go back to the game the filter is back.

I need an answer to this question too

On 16.04.2017 at 2:52 PM, Chasy said:

1 hour ago, gauln said:

I need an answer to this question too

Nevermind. Found it. 0-8-1 in game and ppEffects

im in the mission Protection Money and Petrovic doesnt get out of the helicopter at the beginning of the mission, i also forgot the uav terminal and i cant restart the mission from my home base , i also tried to finish the mission as it says by killing the bodyguard of the hvi but nothing worked he was just standing there and nothing changed

pls help i realy want to finish this campaign 

I've decided to go back to the M.E.R.C.S. SP-Campaign and started to fix the major gamebraking issues. Expect an update soon (hopefully). Watch this space!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, IndeedPete said:

I've decided to go back to the M.E.R.C.S. SP-Campaign and started to fix the major gamebraking issues. Expect an update soon (hopefully). Watch this space!

YEAHH! Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IndeedPete said:

Yours and Hunter 6 are my favorite missions for Arma 3! So thank you and godspeed with the update!

So, update's through. I think I managed to fix the most game breaking issues but still expect a bumpy ride. Enjoy!

mercs_banner_512_256_tzjwo.jpg

M.E.R.C.S. - Mercenary Expendable Ruthless Covert Selfish

Version: 1.10

How to Install
Non-Steam Addon Version: Copy the @MERCS folder to your Arma 3 dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\") and launch it as addon with a launcher of your choice or start the game with the parameter "-mod=@MERCS".
Steam Addon Version: Subscribe to the steam workshop entry and launch it as addon with the BIS launcher.

Changelog

1.10 - Barely Working - 03.05.2020

• FIXED: Various script errors.
  • FIXED: Various spelling errors.
  • FIXED: Home Sweet Home, animation glitches in briefing and story telling.
  • FIXED: Home Sweet Home, wrong object and NPC positions.
  • FIXED: Sauerland Express, leading car just drives away.
  • FIXED: Rest and Recuperation, drunk mode led to animation glitches while moving.
  • FIXED: Force Recon, video location changed.
  • FIXED: Sanctuary, object placement.
  • FIXED: Smash And Grab, CSAT sometimes attack the player when delivering the truck.
  • FIXED: Renegade, player dies instantly.
  • FIXED: It was possible to rest / wait for 0 hours.
  • CHANGED: Shop System update, dynamic indexing of mod content, convenience functions.
  • CHANGED: PPEffects are now opt-in. (Have to be activated in TacPad.)
  • CHANGED: Brave New World, motorboat sound now slowly fades in.
  • CHANGED: Home Sweet Home, annoying helicopter noise cycle turned longer.
  • CHANGED: Home Sweet Home, increased light sources at night.
  • CHANGED: Home Sweet Home, set vehicle velocity to 0 when entering and exiting the camp to prevent the vehicle crashing during loading times.
  • CHANGED: Home Sweet Home, added grass cutters.
  • CHANGED: Daddy's Girl, cut out buggy heli insertion.
  • CHANGED: Checkpoint Charlie, increased light sources at night.
  • CHANGED: Checkpoint Charlie, cut out buggy heli insertion.
  • CHANGED: Panzerfaust, lowered difficulty.
  • CHANGED: Sanctuary, increased light sources at night.
  • CHANGED: Sanctuary, added grass cutters.
  • CHANGED: Ransom Demand, tweaked pirate arrival.
  • CHANGED: Hostage Down, tweaked FIA support.
  • CHANGED: Protection Money, tweaked object placement.
  • CHANGED: Uncle Kostas, tweaked object placement.
  • CHANGED: Goody Bye Altis, added cinema border for last cutscene.
  • CHANGED: Disabled Glass System on end credits.
  • CHANGED: Charater loadout changes.
  • ADDED: Custom ION Uniforms
  • ADDED: Task Icons
  • ADDED: Weapons, vests, and backpacks are now automatically disassembled / unpacked when put into the player's box at the hub.
  • ADDED: Main Menu Picture

Known Issues

• Developer console is enabled. In case you encounter a game breaker you can always execute [] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission; It will automatically determine and load the next logical mission.
  • The use of DevBranch or mods may impact playability, especially AI driving skills are fundamental to make some missions work. I recommend to run this campaign in stable branch! (Tested with Arma 3 v1.18)
  • Home Sweet Home: The ambient shooter at the range sometimes shoots the bystanders. This is caused by a messed up aiming AI which constantly drifts away from the assigned target.
  • Home Sweet Home: The gambler mentions BlackJack as possible gamble but it is not implemented yet.
  • Ransom Demand: The fleeing car might be crashing against something or the passengers disembark randomly and walk instead. I'm researching ways to rebuild this mission.
  • Checkpoint Charlie: The incoming cars sometimes crash into or stuck at the bar gate. If they can't continue they get deleted sometimes which breaks the mission flow.
  • Very Important Pickup: Performance might suffer under many ambient AI units.
  • Riot Control: Performance might suffer under many ambient AI units.
  • Panzerfaust: There's always one AI from the player's group stucking at the briefing desk. Sometimes he follows after a few regroup commands. In case he doesn't, step away from the table and type into the debug console: {_x setPos (getPos player)} forEach (units group player);
  • Panzerfaust: Other parts of the battle group go funny ways.
  • Glass System: Usage in an environment with lots of objects might affect performance. I recommend turning down the core functions first.

Contact
You can reach me on the BI-Forums: https://forums.bohemia.net/profile/756849-indeedpete/

Or on twitter: https://twitter.com/IndeedPete

Or feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IndeedPete/

License
Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.
All authors of third party content gave me permissions to use their works in the MANW Contest.

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!
  • aeroson for his get/set loadout and repetitive clean up scripts!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • Kydoimos for cross-reading and improving some of the dialogues and texts!
  • mrflay for his explosion detector!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his help regarding the awesome M.E.R.C.S. logo and way too many textures and images!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Download
Dropbox v1.10
Steam Workshop v1.10

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey Indeedpete, great to see you update the MERCS campaign! But it seems the Shop System isn´t responding (I´m using only CBA and MERCS, main branch)... the dialogs are fine, but the Shop Ssytem window doesn´t appear when I click on the action menu nor the glass (I have the tactical glasses,I get a mensage that I can use it, but there´s no action on the menu 0-8-1 - it is blank)

I´m using CBA 3.15 and Arma 1.98 main branch,and just installed teh MERCS 1.10 downloaded from your Dropbox link

cheers!

Ah damn, that was a stupid logical bug. Thanks for noticing! Only happens when you come into the hub from the first mission. Anyway, hotfix is up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

mercs_banner_512_256_tzjwo.jpg

M.E.R.C.S. - Mercenary Expendable Ruthless Covert Selfish

Version: 1.11

How to Install
Non-Steam Addon Version: Copy the @MERCS folder to your Arma 3 dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\") and launch it as addon with a launcher of your choice or start the game with the parameter "-mod=@MERCS".
Steam Addon Version: Subscribe to the steam workshop entry and launch it as addon with the BIS launcher.

Changelog

1.11 - Hotfix - 04.05.2020
- FIXED: Logical error on shop opening script.

Known Issues

• Developer console is enabled. In case you encounter a game breaker you can always execute [] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission; It will automatically determine and load the next logical mission.
  • The use of DevBranch or mods may impact playability, especially AI driving skills are fundamental to make some missions work. I recommend to run this campaign in stable branch! (Tested with Arma 3 v1.18)
  • Home Sweet Home: The ambient shooter at the range sometimes shoots the bystanders. This is caused by a messed up aiming AI which constantly drifts away from the assigned target.
  • Home Sweet Home: The gambler mentions BlackJack as possible gamble but it is not implemented yet.
  • Ransom Demand: The fleeing car might be crashing against something or the passengers disembark randomly and walk instead. I'm researching ways to rebuild this mission.
  • Checkpoint Charlie: The incoming cars sometimes crash into or stuck at the bar gate. If they can't continue they get deleted sometimes which breaks the mission flow.
  • Very Important Pickup: Performance might suffer under many ambient AI units.
  • Riot Control: Performance might suffer under many ambient AI units.
  • Panzerfaust: There's always one AI from the player's group stucking at the briefing desk. Sometimes he follows after a few regroup commands. In case he doesn't, step away from the table and type into the debug console: {_x setPos (getPos player)} forEach (units group player);
  • Panzerfaust: Other parts of the battle group go funny ways.
  • Glass System: Usage in an environment with lots of objects might affect performance. I recommend turning down the core functions first.

Contact
You can reach me on the BI-Forums: https://forums.bohemia.net/profile/756849-indeedpete/

Or on twitter: https://twitter.com/IndeedPete

Or feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IndeedPete/

License
Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.
All authors of third party content gave me permissions to use their works in the MANW Contest.

Credits & Thanks

• Bohemia Interactive Studios for this great game!
  • aeroson for his get/set loadout and repetitive clean up scripts!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • Kydoimos for cross-reading and improving some of the dialogues and texts!
  • mrflay for his explosion detector!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his help regarding the awesome M.E.R.C.S. logo and way too many textures and images!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Download
Dropbox v1.11
Steam Workshop v1.11

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm always dying in "Ransom Demand" shortly after passing the first AAF checkpoint. About 500m past the checkpoint it seems like something explodes and kills me everytime I try it, no matter if I drive on the road or somewhere else. Because on the death screen Petrovic then tells me that I'm stupid, and so on, I guess the player is actually not supposed to die there? Is that a known issue or am I the only one experiencing it?

Any mods running? And could you screenshot your position maybe?

@IndeedPete In the mission Enforced Cooperation,

Spoiler

I got to the 2 sons at the Diaz family house. Talked to one of them and made the call to the scientist. I see the GPS on the map at the research facility. Waited quite a while (in the call, Raif threatened the scientist to kill one of his sons if he doesn't show up in 10 minutes). But he's not moving.

So the GPS is helping me locate the scientist (already went up a hill at a distance and identified him using the tactical glasses and a scope), but isn't he supposed to drive over to his house to save his sons, where I can then ambush and kidnap him? Because now I have no other option but to go into the heavily defended research facility and take him...

What I also want to share is that I am truly impressed with the campaign you created. Just, wow!! Great job. I already gave you some kudo's over on Steam. 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks! Well, it's probably buggy. Whenever there's AI tasked to do anything, expect things to go wrong. I'm afraid, you have to attack head-on.

I want to report a gamebreaking issue: When starting the mssion "Hostage Down" from the Knights's camp, the mission quits with this error: No entry 'IP_CMP_MERCS\description.ext/Campaign/Missions/Hub02.m01c'.

So it cannot even be bypassed via console commands.

I don't know if it would work when starting the mission earlier from the ION base.. Somehow it cannot find the related mission description. Also the briefing with McMillion this time was no actual briefing. It just skipped directly to the insertion options. Btw, I already had a garage and chose insertion by car, if it helps.

Yes, there seems to be an odd bug where missions show up in the shop that shouldn't. This one you're referring to should not be accessible anymore at this stage. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue on my end yet.

Hi Pete, I'm having a blast with your campaign so thank you!

Can anyone please explain how to insert by boat on Surfin' ROA mission?

I activate task, go to the beach and all I can do is sit as a passenger,

tried all seats but nothing happens.