IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

Ah, Jona again ninja'd my thread. :D So, basically as he said and thanks for your comment! This effect is something I won't do again in future projects. It looked kind of cool on my older monitor but my it does seem weird on my new one as well. Might just replace it with the East Wind's effect on the next update.

I actually like the pp effect, in my opinion it looks cool and helps aquiring targets in bright environment and also gives me that few additional frames during gameplay.

Hm, now look who was spotted on Tanoa. Looks like Raif went for a relaxing holiday in the Pacific. :D

9ajweu01rpbh.jpg

BTW, looks like the new terrain was leaked: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192366-New-terrain-reveal-16th-June/page27

If it's a hoax or not, I can't wait to deploy ION mercs on that island. :)

• Like 1

Hey Pete in the near future will you be adding a mod template to benefit of using other mod's along with this campaign?

Right now I keep getting an error with RH_pdw which is part of the RH packs.

What error? I usually just add classnames to the shop. Any problems with the guns themselves should be adressed to the mod authors.

RH_pdw: Error creating attached scope=private

I heard there was a way around the saving issues with mods enabled by creating a separate save without using the already in-game save feature.

That is most likely a misconfigured / removed weapon. Maybe the mod author changed it some time after I whitelisted it for the shop. Been getting these with EricJ's packs a few times. This has nothing to do with savegames. Either the mod author changes it or I'll add an additional check to the shop system so that it filters by the scope property as well.

Ok I hope that will fix that issue.

About the save game option I noticed it happens with Zeus too that if you die on a mission and attempt to load a previous save from the actual game and open Zeus most of the added stuff from mod's aka vehicles, units and boxes and such just disappear from the list but if you restart the mission they reappear again. The only other thing is I've seen modder's use a in-game save feature separate from the one that comes with the game which allows to to continue from where you left off even after you hit the revert button so technically all the mods your using and stuff don't disappear but will stay instead(if that makes any sense).

If you interested I can show you a mission that uses that kinda of save feature.(I'm just not sure whether it was created or if its a script that is on the net somewhere.)

Edited by DarkKing810

I LOVE this campaign. I was almost finished... then you made it compatible with some weapons mods. Needless to say, it's gotten even better!! Thank you first of all. This is fantastic. However, I just noticed that Toadie's SAWs do not show up. Meaning that even though I have, correctly, enabled the mod they are not present in the shop nor have I seen them in the hands of the bad guys yet. Have I done something wrong? I am using the AGM, RH M4, RH pdw, SMA, Blastcore, and Dragonfyre mods. Might there be issues with the combination.

Also, I pilfered a Navid off of a bad guy and the ammunition in the shop, 7.62x54 150 rd belts, don't work. Conflict?

Thank you very much for all of your work. This is SO worth it! I would just love to try Panzerfaust with a 249 up on that hill!!

Ah, thanks for your comment! Be assured that there's no mistake on your side. In order to make weapon packs work with the shop I need to whitelist every weapon in the shop's configs. I just haven't done that for Toadie's SAWs, maybe it'll come in the future. Provided you use the Campaign PBO version (which was delivered as plain folder in the last few updates due to problems with the addon builder) you could do it locally for your version by yourself: Look for Campaigns\IP_CMP_MERCS\cfg\shop\weapons.hpp (and magazines.hpp), copypaste some of the existing entries, replace them with the classnames of the SAWs and they should show up in the shop.

The Navid ammo has been rechambered by BI in the Marksmen update. I actually took care of that one, but maybe something got lost on the way or I overwrote something by accident. I'll look into it.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

*Facepalm* I was thinking about the Zafir, not the Navid. So that's entirely new, I'll look into it nontheless.

I am such a bone head. The weapon that I was referring to is the NG7 Negev. Or at least that is what AGM has referred to it as.

As for the SAWs should they be in use even if they are not in the shops? I like to play a live off the land campaign. (ie, if I need Binoculars to complete a mission I venture out off base and go get them from one of the camps.) So, must they be in the shop for the enemy to be able to be equipped with it?

So, I am looking through the weapons.hpp file and a question occurs to me. Is MERCS compatible with the Community Upgrade Project? I see a lot of their files names in there. Specifically, class CUP_lmg_M249_para Is it possible to just use that mod instead of Toadie's SAWs?

Edited by milano

Is that Negev the Zafir? (Gosh, I hate it when mods are renaming stuff.)

Enemy equipment is another thing. Depends on the faction you're fighting but hostile mercenaries and bandits have access to a smaller subset of the shop weapons, depening on their classes. Weapon pools for mercenaries can be adjusted in the personnel.hpp (same folder).

Yes, CUP is being supported as well thanks to Bolo. I'm not sure if it's fully up to date but some weapons should work.

Yes, it is the Zafir. I should have looked that up myself. I apologize. Still fantastic work all around! Thank you all very much.

WIll you make a ace version and what about RHS?

No plans whatsoever. No idea how to achieve ACE compatibility anyway.^^

So a question then, is it possible to arm all factions, enemy and otherwise, with every available weapon? Would I do that by adding every weapon to the personnel.hpp? Maybe too tedious a project but I have a newborn and am up pretty late into the night.

The personnel.hpp only covers mercenaries (both enemy and friendly). Pirates' loadout is set in mission inits and the rest of the units use the basic loadout from the vanilla factions. For the mercenaries and British Knights you can alter the fnc\createMerc.sqf and fnc\createBK.sqf on your end but future updates from me should be applied with caution.

Also, I pilfered a Navid off of a bad guy and the ammunition in the shop, 7.62x54 150 rd belts, don't work. Conflict?

Just checked that, I can buy both the Navid an a compatible 150 round magazine for it in the shop. Ran it without any mods so it might be a mod renaming and rechambering it.

Every block represents one digit. Means

0000 0101 1000 0001 0010 0100

0000 0111 0011 0001 0010 0010

returns these two sets of existing grid coords

There you'll find further hints.

First of all, lovely campaign. It's so vast! Excellent job IndeedPete, thank you very much for making and sharing this. Hours of joy!

I am having trouble with the mission you need to find Variable (no pun intended hehe).

This is what I did:

Started with the churh, got the two binary codes frm the laptop, went to the "American", got the note from him, moved to the shack with the "Rednecks" grabbed some thing I have no idea how to decrypt, moved to the point 058214, couldn't find anything there. seems like a tree covered slope by the road with nothing there.

Can we please receive a full walkthrough of the riddles in this mission?

Thank you!

I really should be writing an FAQ I guess. :)

At 058214, the junkyard, is a another laptop hidden. It is inside a small wooden shack, on the ground. That'll give you another part of the formular needed to calculate the final destination. Once you've got all laptops you'll receive a call from <username> (Variable) telling you to clear an AAF roadblock before he gives away the final piece of information. Once that's done as well he will call you again and you can calculate his position as follows:

Di = Ei - Ki mod 10

E = 651269

K = 678145

i = 0

D0 = 6 - 6 mod 10 = 0 mod 10 = 0

i = 1

D1 = 5 - 7 mod 10 = -2 mod 10 = 8

i = 2

D2 = 1 - 8 mod 10 = -7 mod 10 = 3

i = 3

D3 = 2 - 1 mod 10 = 1 mod 10 = 1

i = 4

D4 = 6 - 4 mod 10 = 2 mod 10 = 2

i = 5

D5 = 9 - 5 mod 10 = 4 mod 10 = 4

New set of grid coords: 083124 <--- This is where you have to go once the AAF roadblock is clear and he called you the second time.

Alternatively, you can try to locate him without doing his riddles:

He's monitoring your progress from a hill maybe one click south-west of the mission start. He is there until you've cleared the AAF roadblock, then he moves on to the calculated position from above.

Good luck! :)

Oh, hell. I believe you fell for an ordinary typo.

It is 058124, not 058214. That's why you're way off the AO. Checked the binary numbers, they're correct. But I've made a mistake while typing the solution you've quoted. I'm sorry, but you have to drive all the way down again. For reference, here's what that spot looks like:

2015-07-03_00001bbzu0.jpg 2015-07-03_00002htbiw.jpg

:) No worries, I trusted a saved game before I ventured north since I had a feeling you wouldn't want to player to drive all the way up there. All is well now, mission complete! Thanks IndeedPete.

Does anyone know if TRYK uniforms are already compatible with the campaign? Or what file do I have to edit/add the lines to make them work with the shop? :)

I am particulary interested just in the jeans/combat gear or PMC shirts combos which would fit very well in the campaign.