IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

nope, maybe something went wrong randomly, anyway I chose to finnish campaign by leaving brits camp with buddy guy and kill nikos and earn 50000$ !!!

Hm, if you used the campaign cheat something is going wrong for sure. The campaign structure doesn't allow these good old cheats, it messes with stuff. But I'm glad you could finish it that way.^^

Hello, i have a problem, seems like it will be an awesome campaign but i ran in to some bugs, mods used - some weapons mods, Dragonfyre and Blastcore.

First mission, when i am supposed to follow drazen, he gets in the car but i am still stuck in the animation and cant move. Second mission, in stratis, i've liberated about 5 outposts but MacMillian doesnt give me any money even tho he tells me he would (outposts also dont turn to yellow once i kill everyone so i am not sure if that is supposed to happen or not). Anyway, i made it to the third mission somehow, they crash the chopper with the emp, now i am in the sanctuary base near Bomos, all i can do is talk to McMillian, the Commander , and 2 other people, none of them give me any missions and there are no markers anywhere, not sure whats going on but i cant progress further, please help . Thanks

I am not sure what is happening there. What do you mean by stuck in the animation?

The Stratis task is a persistent one, and you'll only get money when staying under a TCR of 100%. If you take some people with you, you'll easily hit the hundred. And they only change the colour if all hostiles in the area are dead.

The crashing chopper mission is not the third one, it's actually right in the middle of the campaign. Did you cheat to get there?

By stuck in the animations i mean stuck next to those people that are there, while Drazen goes to the car, i am unable to move , at all, he says to follow him but i cant move.

The only time i cheated was when i was stuck in that same animation, i went for the next mission, and i was spawned in camp maxwell. I liberated at least 5-6 of those markers and made sure i killed everyone around , but game still wouldn't detect that i did anything. After i did that i went and talked to MCMillan , then the crashing chopper and Drazen dead thing happens (no medkit anywhere so the dude died).

But in the camp itself, near Bomos, there were no missions, or anything, cant progress further...I don't mind playing again, i downloaded the addon version but had the pbo version before, same problem. Is there a way Blastcore or JSRS Dragonfyre could make this problem?

I don't see any way how JSRS or Blastcore alone could cause these problems. I'm using Blastcore and (another) JSRS version myself. Tried both the first contract mission and the hub / clearing Stratis, seems to work for me. Are you running dev branch or something? Maybe you should try a clean run without mods, i.e. revert to Daddy's Girl and see if it changes something.

Oh, and what cheat did you apply? The common ENDMISSION cheat does not work here as the orde rof missions is dynamic. And unliek to the original Arma 3 campaign (where the order is partly dynamic as well) I cannot explicitly process the cheat command because I'm lacking a certain type of config BI hasn't released yet. If you want to skip a mission using cheats you need to use my own system. The following pasted and executed from the debug console will bring you to the next mission, if executed from a hub mission (Home Sweet Home & Sanctuary) it will take you to the same hub again.

[] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission;

Really nice campaign, I'm enjoying it very much.

I'm stuck on the Schnitzeljagd mission. At the third location, there's nothing but cars and two dead bodies. No IT guy and no other clues?

Glad you enjoy it!

Have you cleared the AAF roadblock already?

Ah, glad to hear. But I'm assuming you've looked for the solution on the forums or steam prematurely. Anyway, I need to give some more hints to the player regarding that encryption.^^

Well, I've just finished the campaign, quite enjoyed the ending, though a lot of action and scale made some parts lag, but that's mine problem.

Got a plot question though below:

I chose to stick with PMCs instead of running away with Drazen and got shot by the Knights at the helicopter scene. But I thought that if I'd saved the hostage the would be an alternative ending to "Return on Investment". The ending I got seems to have nothing to do with whether the hostage lived or died. Is it intentional or the game somehow considered Ben Kerry to be dead? If so, how does the living hostage affects that ending?

Still, great campaign, the diversity of endings makes it really replayable.

Provided you have saved him he should be there, yes. Either you didn't save him or there is a bug (I will check later). If he's there he will treat your wounds and then you get a small extra cutscene where you two share a beer on the beach. It's really just the difference between a dead and a surviving Raif.

hi pete.

I'm stuck at mission "schnitzeljagd".

got the laptop hint, but gave me 2 lines of 6 digits.

dunno how to use those 2 lines.

any help please?

hi pete.

I'm stuck at mission "schnitzeljagd".

got the laptop hint, but gave me 2 lines of 6 digits.

dunno how to use those 2 lines.

any help please?

If I remember correctly the very first laptop gives you six figure grids you need to check.

got 2 lines.

each of them has 6 packs of 4 digits, in binary.

it's like for example

0000 1010 0011 0101 1101 1001

so, each lines give me 2 coordinates like

so, in fact, I must check every location?

got 2 lines.

each of them has 6 packs of 4 digits, in binary.

it's like for example

so, each lines give me 2 coordinates like

so, in fact, I must check every location?

Yeah, those are the two places you need to check next.

Ok, so I've checked the places.

Now I got a riddle with numbers and message saying the it's the Key to the position.

Can't sort it out...

Ok, so I've checked the places.

Now I got a riddle with numbers and message saying the it's the Key to the position.

Can't sort it out...

Once you've checked all the places you've been given you should get a call from <username> giving you a task. After that task you get given the key for the decryption.

Once you've checked all the places you've been given you should get a call from <username> giving you a task. After that task you get given the key for the decryption.

Provided you've found the other laptops, one at the junkyard, the other one at a shack at grid coords provided by the crazy farmer. Seems like many people miss one of the (three in total) laptops and thus don't get the call.

Provided you've found the other laptops, one at the junkyard, the other one at a shack at grid coords provided by the crazy farmer. Seems like many people miss one of the (three in total) laptops and thus don't get the call.

I did that first time round, mistook one of the grids for the chapel where you get the first laptop and thought it wasn't important. Made the mistake of trying to find the answer on here early without the key, didn't work...

One of the top missions I think, really enjoyed it when I did it (though I had to drop my by this point beloved (taken from an AAF marksman back at checkpoint Charlie) Mk-18 due to lack of ammo).

So, it's done : I got the K, the E, the formula and the phone call.

How do I solve it now? (I suck in maths).

Roadblock clear as well?

Then,

the calculation works as follows:

Di = Ei - Ki mod 10

E = 651269

K = 678145

i = 0

D0 = 6 - 6 mod 10 = 0 mod 10 = 0

i = 1

D1 = 5 - 7 mod 10 = -2 mod 10 = 8

i = 2

D2 = 1 - 8 mod 10 = -7 mod 10 = 3

i = 3

D3 = 2 - 1 mod 10 = 1 mod 10 = 1

i = 4

D4 = 6 - 4 mod 10 = 2 mod 10 = 2

i = 5

D5 = 9 - 5 mod 10 = 4 mod 10 = 4

New set of grid coords: 083124 <--- This is where you have to go. ;)

Just started this one. Looks promising. I like the concept very much! But.. I'm really confused about the colors??? ...?? Has it been touched? I have an overall pink feeling. Very strange. I went into the official campaign to camp maxwell and there it feels fine. When I start the first mission "missing girl" or something like that I still have the same feeling. It feels like I want to turn the brigtness of my screen down. I've never ever had this strange thing before. ... Ather restarting the mission it started raining and that also felt different then other missions. More a apocalypse feeling than a realistic one..

Any ideas or is this intentional?

haha, found it.. why is this color filter included?

Edited by fragmentpruts

Hey, these are pp-effects. The brightness is probably the most criticised one. Likely depends on graphic settings as well. Pink sounds strange though, it's more white on my end. These effects depend on weather conditions, the rainy one is actually not made by myself, it's a vanilla template I just use. Even the official campaign changes the lighting from time to time using these pp-effects / colour corrections. Also, the weather is random in most missions.