IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

Hello,

In the mission sauerland express, at the beginning when I ask my partner to board an HEMTT, the game crash. If I enter as driver, the game doesn't crash but nothing happened.

Hey,

can reproduce and confirm this issue but it's not related to M.E.R.C.S. (Tried it in plain editor as well.) The game crashes every time I try to order a soldier to board the HEMTT Box. Feel free to vote up the FT ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21610

Until this is fixed there is no other way to pass this mission than by cheating, I'm sorry. Start the mission hit Esc, paste and execute this into the debug console:

[] call IP_fnc_cheatEndMission;

I just finished Sauerland Express. Yes I can confirm the bug when I order Petrović via action menu to board HEMITT game crashes I just ordered him to board the truck as a driver via orders menu and proceded with a mission (no need to cheat). BTW the campaign is great I love it. I am doing Protection Money now.

Regards.

Ah, then it might be the quick command menu. I don't know, ticket has been opened and BI will be aware of that soon enough. Glad it worked and glad you like it so far. Someone on steam reported that he can't connect to the drone. Not sure if it's another Heli DLC bug, I'm waiting for him to reply. Please let me know if you run into the same troubles. Might have to open up another ticket then.^^

But my game is overall pretty unstable since the latest patch. Doing the new showcase / training missions, tried to exit the game > crash. Activated advanced flight model > crash. Ordering guy into truck > crash. Messing around in the editor > crash. I hope they can fix those issues in the near future.

Thank's bolo !

IndeedPete, I love your campaign and if you need some voice, i could help you a few if you wan't but I've a terrible bad accent because i'm french ^^

Glad you like it! But the more I think about it the more unlikely is a fully voiced version. At the moment I feel I need some distance from this project after eight months of development probably around 20 hours a week on average. Haven't touched it since publishing the MANW version. Only to test crucial things like this game crash. Updates and a final version will eventually come but I'll slow down the development process. I'm currently in the process of extending the conversation system to support kbTell and voices for another project (CONTENTION ZONE). Maybe once the rewriting is done I have the time and will to finally write down a proper script for every character, I don't know. But I already have a rough concept for another project besides CONTENTION ZONE actually featuring at least one French NPC so your accent could become useful after all.^^

Hey i have had a bit of a issue with the mission sauland express when i try and get my buddy into the HEMMT the game crashes also the AAF strider doesn't move and if i try to rive to the airfield myself i get hit by landmines at about 700m out

Got back into the campaign, really enjoying it again.

Found a bug though

At the end of Close Quarter Battle (cool mission by the way) it seems the ending doesn't fire. I clear the factory, kill the paratroopers and the clear and secure task is completed but nothing then happens. In the end I just used IP_fnc_EndMission to go back to hub and it was all fine.

In addition driving the Strider at the end of Force Recon was insanely cool, partly because McMillian is a much better shot and it's really good fun swerving all over the countryside at 100 kmh. :D

Glad you liked it! ;)

Weird, if all paratroopers are gone and you have the flash drive or the guy is still alive you should be able to extract using your TacPad. (Maybe you just forgot to do so.)

Yes, I was afraid putting him into the drivers seat would go sideways but it's actually working as well, the mission's just progressing slower.

Glad you liked it! ;)

Weird, if all paratroopers are gone and you have the flash drive or the guy is still alive you should be able to extract using your TacPad. (Maybe you just forgot to do so.)

Yes, I was afraid putting him into the drivers seat would go sideways but it's actually working as well, the mission's just progressing slower.

The bloody TacPad! Sorry, I was expecting it to be automatic, I've still not quite got the idea of this yet, I've clearly been spoiled. :p

The bloody TacPad! Sorry, I was expecting it to be automatic, I've still not quite got the idea of this yet, I've clearly been spoiled. :p

In the first Alpha versions everything was automated, then players asked for a way to postpone automatic extraction so they have time to loot. ;)

Splendid news, everyone!

I'm just back from a small photoshooting. Today, EUROFORCE received their brand new uniform protoypes. They're not perfect yet but I think it's time to say good bye to MTP. Check out the new Hex-Camo (oh, CSAT will be pissed). Based on a camo scheme made by black-light-studio.

From left to right: EF Desert, EF Altis, EF Woodland, EF Black, EF Snow.

01jeazw.jpg 02a4z4v.jpg

And some more in action (sorry, the snow ones are a bit dark, seems like Thirsk and the Splendid Cam don't like each other):

03noaum.jpg 05e8bfp.jpg 061hy8u.jpg 07p0alf.jpg 08layye.jpg 10iqb9s.jpg 11naap1.jpg 12mgydx.jpg

Altis and / or Black schemes for EF troops in the campaign might come in the next update. I've made the others just to learn re-texturing, might be used in future projects or maybe as stand-alone EF addon someday.

Finally I had some free time and could play some more campaign, just finished Protection Money - liked the mission (first challenging mission in campaign in my playthrough order when You actually have to use half of your good old MK I brain:)) really like the idea of difficulty raising curve through the campaign, interesting thing aside from shooting two pirates in Daddy s Girl up to fighting of ambush in Sauerland Express there is a possibility of You never using a weapon so far (really cool). Everything depends of the player s choice and playstyle. also like the graph of campaign playthrough and the choices tree (great work).

No problems with accesing UAV.:)

I am going to play Hostage Down now.

Regards.

Sounds good, glad you keep enjoying it! The difficulty is meant to increase over time though there are sometimes just easy missions in between for the sake of story telling.^^

Keep me posted about your progress. ;)

Almost finished-but unfortunately I can't...

I'm on Good Bye Altis, I've raided the hideout, I've killed Nikos and everyone else there (I've checked with MCC), I get in the motorboat that's in the bay with Drazen and drive off, I've gone to the edge of the map and beyond and still nothing, still no conversation with Drazen since he tells you to put him in a good sniper position. I just can't figure out what to do next.

EDIT: It appears to be a problem with the condition in the missionFlow.fsm

({(side _x == east) && {alive _x}} count allUnits == 0)

returns false (tested from the debug console while

({(side _x == east) && {!alive _x}} count allUnits == 0)

returns true, so I think that is what you want to use.

For now I think I'll just copy the final bit's of code in from the fsm which has the same effect but that's a heads up for you.

Edited by Jona33

Hm, not sure why it's not working anymore. It used to do the trick. Might be the side centre? Anyway, huge thanks for the heads-up, I'll do an update ASAP (when I'm less busy...)!

@Jona33: Just tested it by myself but I couldn't reproduce the error. Working as intended on my machine. Tried without any mods though, maybe some 3rd party stuff is causing that.

Hey IndeedPete,

First of LOVE the mission. the thirst thing that came to my mind was. Where is the MP version :P

seriously though. after the full release and the MANW stuf are you planningto make a mp version of it? this is like the thing i have been waiting for for MP everyday I'm looking for that one mission where i could spent DAYS on. the mission, sm's, everything is incredibly awesome

oh and supported btw!

Thanks, glad you like it! Though I have to decline an MP version. It would require a complete rewrite of basically every mission and every function to make it work in MP. And even then some of the ambient stuff simply can't be done properly in MP. Not to mention all the functionality needed to have a dynamic campaign flow in an MP environment (not even sure dynamic campaigns like this are possible in MP at all). It was meant to be an SP project; MP was never planned.

Then again I've recently picked up work on an SP/COOP mission called Contention Zone. It uses a few of the systems known from M.E.R.C.S. and even one or two characters have another appearance. Though the setting and gameplay are different. That's the best I can offer, I'm afraid. ;)

@Jona33: Just tested it by myself but I couldn't reproduce the error. Working as intended on my machine. Tried without any mods though, maybe some 3rd party stuff is causing that.

Out of the mods I use MCC would be the most likely culprit so I'll try with that off, seems a weird thing to affect though.

Really not sure what's happening there. Funny thing, there's 15 OPFOR AI on the map (16 with the pilot who dies at the beginning). count allUnits shows 23 units when starting the mission. So, 16 OPFOR + 2 BLUFOR (player and buddy) don't make 23 in my calculations. Weird, will need to keep an eye on that one.

I just reached the pirates in their last position where there are some of them and an armed offroad, I killed them all but task won't completed.

Provided the factory is clear, there should be a guy lying on the ground, next to a truck. He's still alive and you can interrogate him.