IndeedPete

[SP Campaign] M.E.R.C.S. - mercenary expendable ruthless covert selfish

Plus if you stopped at hereford calling it's one of the compatible versions so there shouldn't be any problems. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

@zachtan1234: Glad you enjoyed it! But I'm afraid I'll have to do a lot of supporting users who struggle with the math. While the task is pretty simple (put some numbers into a given equation), many people seem to panic when it comes to math. I can understand that, I nearly stayed for an extra year in 9th or 10th grade because of math (but I did it with a lot of work). That changed later on and the fact that I have a degree in Computer Science / Information Systems now somewhat changed my perspective on maths as it's more or less part of my daily life. The original idea was to have random encrypted positions and having the player derive / rearrange the equation first - glad I didn't do it that way. It should be something to think of, not something to frustrate, it's a game after all. But it indeed is interesting to see how people try to solve problems. :)

I hope the flowchart I've posted a page back was useful to you.^^ As for your questions:

I'm not sure yet but it's likely that Raif might show up in future projects. At some point I'll have to decide which ending actually happened in the MERCS universe to build another project on. And it would be sad to just let it die now. I've made up quite a few characters and factions, certainly something to build on in the future. (Also, Raif surviving is just one variant of this ending...)

Is the chooper taking off or did you make it inside? You see, that officer is a bit of a bastard because as soon as he's inside, the chopper will lock and leave you there, dying. You need to get in before he does to get off the island. ;)

Sure as hell! Don't know if I'll make him playable but he will most certainly show up in future projects. He kind of became my favourite character because he's just one giant mystery. And I've put a lot of my own personality into his dialogues. He's meant to be sarcastic and has some kind of really dark humour. Loved to write his texts. Plus I thought it's a nice way to involve the player into the story by giving him the current profile name. Then again, I shouldn't reveal too much about his background to keep him this secret yet dangerous guy showing up from time to time. ;)

It should be something to think of, not something to frustrate, it's a game after all. But it indeed is interesting to see how people try to solve problems. :) I hope the flowchart I've posted a page back was useful to you.^^

Haha.... I actually solved it together with my friend ... There was loads of alt-tabbing (I had know prior knowledge other than binary numbers - I actually thought that the equation meant "Differentiate I = e^I - K (arbitary constant) I mod 10" , so I had to google what the stuff actually meant... We're both kids but I think my friend knows slightly more)...... In the end we arrived........ at the wrong place :

083124 (due to a careless mistake)...... And then spotted some dead bodies next the a warehouse at 083122.... and then at the right place:D

Is the chooper taking off or did you make it inside? You see, that officer is a bit of a bastard because as soon as he's inside, the chopper will lock and leave you there, dying. You need to get in before he does to get off the island. ;)

Yes.... I got into the chopper at about the same time he did... I was in the heli with him when I took off, but Raif still says he left without him...

Edited by zachtan1234

Yeah, that's why I wrote One-Time-Pad-Encryption somewhere, so people have something to google.^^ Arma's structured text doesn't allow to write down equations in a proper way so one can misunderstand the i and miss that it's actually an index. Well, we'll see how many users will contact me because of that. I just hope they do write me or comment and not just put the game aside and say "f*ck it!".

There's also a way to beat the mission quite fast and in an easier way. <username> is actually present on the map and observes your progress. If you're scanning your environment carefully right at the beginning of the mission you might see him watching you from a hill a few hundred metres or even a kilometre away. Problem is that most people don't really look the way they came from. If you insert by helo or car you basically fly / drive right by him. ;)

Hm, might be a random bug because you got in the split second it was still unlocked but the officer was inside already. Don't know how that can be possible but I'll go investigating! Thanks for the heads up!

No, sadly, I just started to do that with 0.55. Did you use the addon version or the campaign PBO? If you played it a longer time ago most likely the the Campaign PBO which means you should download that version to have all your saves back.

Yeah definitely campaign PBO. I'll just download and see how it works out, but thanks.

Okay, then revert to "Hereford Calling" if you've already unlocked that mission. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Oh, and just because it's that time of the day, enjoy some background info about your buddy! Thanks again to Surfer fo the design and Kydoimos for double-checking and improving the texts:

drazenz3dwf.jpg

Just tried to play your mission. The laptop didn't spawn in my shack so I can't access missions. No bed either. Only thing that is in my shack in Camp Maxwell is 2 floating lamps, and a crate with a pistol and a few other items in it. Any idea what could be causing this?

Just tried to play your mission. The laptop didn't spawn in my shack so I can't access missions. No bed either. Only thing that is in my shack in Camp Maxwell is 2 floating lamps, and a crate with a pistol and a few other items in it. Any idea what could be causing this?

Bizarre mods or corrupted download would be my only guesses, it's working fine here. Steam version?

so i have ran into a issue here, as always i continue the campaign, i am on the mission called Meets and Greets, i have choose a mission called Smash and Grab, i go through the briefing and all, i walk to the car wreck as i always do, but instead of it starting the mission it dose nothing, i have restarted the mission 3 times, and am still stuck, i have no clue what to do here...

Bizarre mods or corrupted download would be my only guesses, it's working fine here. Steam version?

Basically Jona33's questions.^^ Mods, addons, which MERCS version, which game version?

so i have ran into a issue here, as always i continue the campaign, i am on the mission called Meets and Greets, i have choose a mission called Smash and Grab, i go through the briefing and all, i walk to the car wreck as i always do, but instead of it starting the mission it dose nothing, i have restarted the mission 3 times, and am still stuck, i have no clue what to do here...

Ah, yeah, that's a stupid bug I haven't noticed until two days ago or so, I'm sorry. Either buy and enter a helo or car or if you want to go on foot paste this into the debug console:

"foot" spawn IP_scn_insertion;

That's what the trigger is supposed to call. But sadly, it's not firing because I've set the player captive and forgot to adjust the trigger from BLUFOR to Anybody. Don't know how I could have missed that.

i just keep on running into issues, now i did the debug code, and now the next mission is bugged as well, the next mission is broken or something, since the text box thingy isn't popping up..

when am playing the Smash and Grab mission i run into another issue, when i head over to the Euro-force location, all the ai's that are there are mission half their body -_- its like something has completely fucked the mission up.. i dont know what is causing it either..

Edited by CrazyChrisX

1. What text box do you mean? How is the mission broken? What's happening?

2. That sounds really weird, use of mods? Arma 3 devbranch or stable?

what i mean by the text box is the conversation box ish thingy, its not showing up and when i go to characters that am suppose to talk to am not getting the option to do so, and am on the stable/official build and mods umm.. about 19 mods, but most of them are mods that enhance the experience (JSRS, Blastcore and so on), i never had any previous issues using the mods am using now, never gave me any type of issues or shit like that, so i dont know.

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

and in additionall when am loading the mission it only says Smash and Grab by a unknown community author, nothing else and the standard loading picture for Altis (not talking about the background).

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

here is a short video where you can see what i mean by the conversation box not appearing and so forth.

Try disabling the mods for a testrun at least. If you're talking about Smash And Grab there's nobody you're supposed to talk to - well, at least no human.

Is Smash And Grab showing up on the Campaigns screen in the main menu correctly?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Oh, and Campaign PBO or Addon version?

at the video i did a test run with only JSRS and Blastcore which should NOT interfere in anyway with your mission.

i also tried doing it without any mods active and still nothing.

this is what the campaign looks like on the main menu under campaigns, and the last bit, i have the addon version. like i have a @MERCS mod folder in my A3 directory.

http://i.imgur.com/pqDJqN0.png

That's insanely weird, I can't replicate the issue and the sources are fine. Anybody else around here using the addon version who can confirm / deny the issue?

You might have to redo Meet And Greet and choose a different mean of insertion (helo or car). I'm preparing an update that's mostly ready to go and should be aired in the next few daays. However, I'm having an extremely low interwebz connection right now because I'm not at home so large uploads are pretty much impossible.

ok ill try that, thanks for the help anyway :)

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

if i wanna choose like a vehicle insertion all i need to do is to buy a car right and jump into it and it will auto start or do i have to move the car to the foot insertion marker?

and if i choose to go with a helo instead do i just do the same or?

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

UPDATE: i reverted to meet and greets, did the briefing, inserted by helo, and am still getting Smash and Grab by unknown community Author, and i spawn at the same place as shown in the video, so that leaves me back to square 1..

That's still pretty odd - I'd advise to re-download the file, maybe your download was corrupted or something.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Just tested with the addon PBO I've uploaded to dropbox - Smash And Grab is working as intended, a small filepath error aside which only affects a certan uniform texture. Both overview and loading pictures plus my nickname are shown.

Good morning!

I think it's time for another character sheet - this time it's our beloved merc commander and boss Ian McMillian:

mcmillianaxoi3.jpg

Other than that, the first Beta update is approaching which should fix a few nasty bugs and add a some more details.

Splendid news, everybody!

Just uploaded the first BETA update. I hope it's working as intended and fixes at least some of the nasty path bugs user of the addon version experience. Please let me know if it's getting better.

Enjoy!

Changelog

0.91 Beta 07.10.2014

• FIXED: Glass System, using night / thermal vision scopes should not trigger the Glass night vision anymore.
  • FIXED: When inserting by armed car the gunner's place should now be occupied, provided the player took at least one teammate with him.
  • FIXED: Script errors due to missing support module both in Surfin' R.o.A. and Enforced Cooperation.
  • FIXED: Planes crashing on spawn in Badass One and Case Of Defence.
  • FIXED: "On Foot" insertion didn't work for Smash And Grab.
  • FIXED: Shop exploit, backpacks weren't removed on selling.
  • CHANGED: Diplomatic Incident, second camp should now be easier / faster to take.
  • CHANGED: Enforced Cooperation, it is now possible to operate undercover by wearing the Black Arrow Combat Uniform (BACU).
  • CHANGED: Turned down the "Glow" ppEffect a bit.
  • CHANGED: Meet And Greet, killing the contacts will now correctly result in cancelation of the task to talk to them.
  • ADDED: Hostage Down, avatar picture for hostage.
  • ADDED: Custom Laptop Textures
  • ADDED: Uncle Kostas, more details at the shooting range.
  • ADDED: Shop System, it's possible to buy or sell several magazines at once now.

Download

Addon Version

Dropbox v0.91 BETA

Steam Workshop v0.91 BETA

Campaign PBO Version

Dropbox v0.91 BETA

Thanks! Still, a lot to do for this project.^^

I don't understand this... the instructions in this thread and in the readme file reads like this: "Non-Steam Campaign PBO Version: Copy the "IP_CMP_MERCS.pbo" to your Arma 3 dir ("...\steam\steamApps\common\Arma 3\")." Just copy the PBO file into the ARMA 3 main directory? Not into MPMissions or some other folder within the ARMA 3 directory? I tried this and loaded ARMA 3 and I don't see this campaign listed anywhere.

Edited by JaySmizzle

Oh dear, I'm sorry I must have forgotten to explicity mention that the PBO belongs into "Arma 3\Campaigns" - you need to create the folder first.

Oh dear, I'm sorry I must have forgotten to explicity mention that the PBO belongs into "Arma 3\Campaigns" - you need to create the folder first.

Ah yes, that sounds familiar now. I've done that with other campaigns in the past and forgot about that but yes, that worked. Thanks.