theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

This looks awesome but does anyone know if this replacement pack is compatible with A3's main campaign?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, domokun said:

This looks awesome but does anyone know if this replacement pack is compatible with A3's main campaign?

Currently the replacement pack is kinda broke. The new config is like half written (on my end, Mediterranean CSAT are like 90% done with no issues) but technical difficulties with LM's CSAT mod (namely his computer set on fire) means first LM CSAT has to be fixed before anything can be released.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, theevancat said:

Currently the replacement pack is kinda broke. The new config is like half written (on my end, Mediterranean CSAT are like 90% done with no issues) but technical difficulties with LM's CSAT mod (namely his computer set on fire) means first LM CSAT has to be fixed before anything can be released.

So LM needs a replacement PC before we get the replacement mod. Got it!

Seriously I hope that he had back-ups and it was only his PSU.

• Haha 1

In addition to the Discord, there is now a development Twitter for screenshots and updates that doesn't require a Discord. But you can still use that if you want to talk to me:

Check out The CSAT Modification Project (@tec_csat): https://twitter.com/tec_csat?s=09

• Like 4

I just would like to say thank you for this wonderful mod! You guys nailed it with this last version! CSAT is so nice now that they don't look like space-insects anymore! 

Not sure if these have been reported yet but there's a few fire geometry-related bugs with the latest additions. Note that I've tested mod-only vehicles as BI asset retextures obviously have no model problems.

The following vehicles lack actual fire geo materials entirely:

Abda FMV

Spoiler

Glass can shatter (too fragile?) but wheels are impenetrable as a result:

h8mjdZ6.png

The ambulance module on the rear bed of the Medical variant seems to lack a geometry and can be shot through entirely:

6Ug7k0v.png

USV Mahi

Spoiler

mLpxoBl.png

Ka-97 Keftar

Spoiler

Cockpit glass cannot be penetrated by gunfire (didn't show it here but the Rhino MGS UP's 12.7mm rounds weren't able to penetrate it either):

Jd19sjd.png

To-343 Shahan

Spoiler

Has an...oddly sized fire geo to say the least. It's there, but the mesh is way too narrow which results in only parts of the plane registering hits (projectiles go right through the wings and tails for instance). Also, the cockpit's glass isn't actually glass and has the same material issue as the Keftar:

RvC83Es.png

The following vehicles have wrong (or missing) materials applied to some parts of the geometry:

Ghatar HET

Spoiler

Missing fire geos on the ramp and incorrect material for the cab windows:

Rv4CID1.png

iTpy3Mz.png

Also, the UserAction radius for Lower ramps is too generous in my opinion. I was able to select it even though I wasn't standing right next to the Ghatar:

yUo4VIU.png

It should be lowered to smaller values so that only the driver/passenger and ViVT cargo can lower it. Or add a second UserAction that has a different coordinate/radius so that only someone standing directly next to the ramp can see it.

HM60 Razm-3

Spoiler

Love the addition of an actual PIP terminal for the gunner. That being said, the howitzer barrel and muzzle has the wrong/invalid material defined:

Vwrve05.png

Lastly, the Zamak (MLRS) has no fire geo problems but the gunner's gyroscope camera can defy the laws of thermal expansion, and turn into a paper-thin billboard whenever the gunner rotates the launcher pod beyond 45 degrees in any horizontal direction (armoured cabin windows are a bit iffy but at least they're not made out of dust):

kV5dcyQ.png

Interesting... I thought that I had at least fixed a few of these, but it's good to know so I can go back and check my work. Thanks for bringing this up!

Unfortunately, I don't really check the forums much anymore. A lot of bug reporting can get fixed way faster on the Discord: https://discord.gg/2RjQQvD

Hello guys.

What do i need to do to be able to play the SP main campaign(the Altis one, not the apex) with overhauled CSAT equipments from this mod? Is there any pbo. to be put into the specific folder and etc?

Also, does it also replaced the vehicles too, or only the infantry assets (tbh infantry replacement is enough for me. Cuz that's mostly where BI make CSAT alien-like)?

And also, most importantly, will it replaced the vanilla CSAT forever? Like i mean, can i be able to revert the CSATs after playing the campaign right? In other words, does it have to replace the main game files(pbo?) in the Addons folder, or will i be able to ok with just install the mod and play the campaign with the mod' assets?

Thank you very much.