theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Oh, look at that! Back from training and going to school (with a laptop that can run... Uh, maybe Minecraft on low settings.) I'll be around to answer questions and talk about the mod (the future and what people would like to see) on a regular basis.

There is a little problem aith compatibility with mod RHS Escalation, about glass texture on UH-60M.

Yeah, I honestly have no idea how that happened and I tried to fix it before I left to no avail. Once I get my hands back on the data over Thanksgiving leave I could try (or send it off to the successor dev so they can fix it.)

Glad to see you're back and at least minorly working on the project! How was basic?

I mean, it's your standard-fare training stuff. Silly cadre games (if having your bed tossed counts as a game), marching, getting "corrected" for various things. Room inspections, uniform inspections... We did get to do cool stuff like rappelling and shooting but for the most part we're focused on transitioning to being a Cadet. The cool Army stuff, by and large, comes later after you're already broken in as a Cadet. Definitely not even close to regular enlisted basic. It's a whole different mission.

Although during the school year I get to try out for clubs that'll do stuff like tacticool shooting (8/8 wud oper8 gr8 m8), military stuff, or SWAT competitions.

• Like 1

Oh, look at that! Back from training and going to school (with a laptop that can run... Uh, maybe Minecraft on low settings.) I'll be around to answer questions and talk about the mod (the future and what people would like to see) on a regular basis.

Yeah, I honestly have no idea how that happened and I tried to fix it before I left to no avail. Once I get my hands back on the data over Thanksgiving leave I could try (or send it off to the successor dev so they can fix it.)

The error is caused by the Keftar.pbo. Our community removed it from the addon as a temporary fix and since then we do not get the error message any more when spawning RHS Blackhawks.

Hope that observation helps in identifying the root of the issue.

Keep up the great work, without your mod we'd never run missions with or against CSAT. Death to bumble bees from outer space!

I love this mod but I have a question...

The CSAT Ifrit appears to have missing Tires when it spawns in.  It drives around but the tires are gone so it looks like it's floating.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else experience this?

I got this error once.. perhaps running with CUP vehicles?

Might have been.  I disabled everything except ALiVE and CBA and it's working fine now.  Good deal.

This mod is the only reason I will play with Vanilla units.  Couldn't stand those bug helmets on CSAT.

I'm completely new to this project.

Are you planning to retexture the CSAT vehicles to use a camo-pattern that makes sense? :)

Are you planning to retexture the CSAT vehicles to use a camo-pattern that makes sense? :)

TheEvanCat may not be able to fufil you request as per the message on the opening post

Be aware that this mod will not be regularly supported after 29 June on account of military service by the author.

I love this mod but I have a question...

The CSAT Ifrit appears to have missing Tires when it spawns in.  It drives around but the tires are gone so it looks like it's floating.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else experience this?

If you're using the replacement pack that includes everything (not the replacement pack with just infantry), then that problem is likely to occur when something else tries to replace the Ifrit as well. So like, if a mod replaces the Ifrit with an Ifrit that has different stats (like that vehicle enhancement mod or something) then there'll be a conflict. Try the alternate pack and see if that still gives you problems.

The error is caused by the Keftar.pbo. Uur community removed it from the addon as a temporary fix and since then we do not get the error message any more when spawning RHS Blackhawks.

Hope that observation helps in identifying the root of the issue.

Keep up the great work, without your mod we'd never run missions with or against CSAT. Death to bumble bees from outer space!

That's a known problem that I can't correct anymore since I can't actively work on the mod. I think it's related to the RHS Blackhawk glass or something, or at least that's what was discovered when I talked to the RHS devs about it. Luckily, the Keftar is more or less standalone.

Yeah, I ran some prototypes of some stuff but found out that not everything can be retextured. I just left it as is to preserve unity. And yeah, I wouldn't know if anything has changed since I've been out of Arma for at least six or so months now.

If you're using the replacement pack that includes everything (not the replacement pack with just infantry), then that problem is likely to occur when something else tries to replace the Ifrit as well. So like, if a mod replaces the Ifrit with an Ifrit that has different stats (like that enhancement mod or something) then there'll be a conflict. Try the alternate pack and see if that still gives you problems.

The only thing I'm running that would change anything is ACE.

The mission uses CBA, CSAT Modification, ALiVE, ACE, ASR AI...that's it. Vanilla CSAT I have no issues with the Punisher aka Ifrit.  I do use your full pack obviously with the vehicles.

Could ACE be conflicting with it?

The mission uses CBA, CSAT Modification, ALiVE, ACE, ASR AI...that's it. Vanilla CSAT I have no issues with the Punisher aka Ifrit.  I do use your full pack obviously with the vehicles.

ACE maybe conflicting, as due to the way ACE changes/updates default units. You may want to try without it.

That's a known problem that I can't correct anymore since I can't actively work on the mod. I think it's related to the RHS Blackhawk glass or something, or at least that's what was discovered when I talked to the RHS devs about it. Luckily, the Keftar is more or less standalone.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I assumed the fix would be too time consuming, since you announced that you are rather limited atm, when it comes to investing time into the mod development.

It could be useful to create a section in the OP "known issues - temporary fixes" for the most reported issues as long as mod development is halted.

Anywho, looking forward what you'll come up with once your schedule allows it again.  ^_^

Yeah, like Roadkill said, ACE changes some stuff related to default units. It may not be something as overt as changing the vehicle entirely, but it could be something like replacing the Ifrit with an Ifrit that has a modified config (I think ACE has a module that changes weapon and vehicle names, so the game actually considers that changing the entire vehicle.) Still a replacement. Try removing an ACE module that deals with default vehicles and see if that works.

Hi

I want to add TGP to Keftar (However it's name must be Kaftaar to be correct in Persian) and Shahan based on this topic:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169324-release-script-tgp-targeting-pod-for-air-vehicles/page-5

I just need to know what are their in game class names  so I can make it happen. I tried some name but no luck. Like Mig-29 and KA-50, 52 etc.

Thank you

Hi

I want to add TGP to Keftar (However it's name must be Kaftaar to be correct in Persian) and Shahan based on this topic:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169324-release-script-tgp-targeting-pod-for-air-vehicles/page-5

I just need to know what are their in game class names  so I can make it happen. I tried some name but no luck. Like Mig-29 and KA-50, 52 etc.

Thank you

The classnames for the Keftar are:

TEC_VH_Helicopter_Keftar_F (the regular one)

TEC_VH_Helicopter_Keftar_SOF_F (the black one)

The Shahan just has one:

TEC_VH_Plane_Shahan_F

---

On another note, I've just finished handing off the CSAT Modification Project source data to someone so that he can keep the thing going. I can't work on it anymore for the near future and this is the first time I've been back to get the data. Expect to see developments soon (including new stuff and restored behind-the-scenes cut content) as well as fixes to what's about to be a six or so month old update. There'll be a new thread and everything. Keep your eyes peeled.

• Like 1

The Shahan just has one:

TEC_VH_Plane_Shahan_F

---

On another note, I've just finished handing off the CSAT Modification Project source data to someone so that he can keep the thing going. I can't work on it anymore for the near future and this is the first time I've been back to get the data. Expect to see developments soon (including new stuff and restored behind-the-scenes cut content) as well as fixes to what's about to be a six or so month old update. There'll be a new thread and everything. Keep your eyes peeled.

I was just about to ask if there was aa update planned to fix the vests. Sounds good, really like this project. Thanks for starting it! Hope the military life is treating you well.

The Shahan just has one:

TEC_VH_Plane_Shahan_F

---

Good to see you again! how is the military academy (was it west point) going?

and Iran flag on chest pieces are upside down. Green should be on top.

I was just about to ask if there was aa update planned to fix the vests. Sounds good, really like this project. Thanks for starting it! Hope the military life is treating you well.

Yeah, I haven't touched Arma in six months... No idea that there was an update that broke stuff until a few days ago.

And yeah, the military's pretty alright. Barracks life is studying, cleaning, and copious amounts of Netflix.

Good to see you again! how is the military academy (was it west point) going?

I'm bummed that I don't have access to my machine. But at the end of the day that's probably helping my grades and you have to study hard or else you get posted to Ft. Polk, Louisiana and nobody wants that.

and Iran flag on chest pieces are upside down. Green should be on top.

Ah, damn, you're right... Can't believe I never noticed that. It'll go on the list of things to fix.

• Like 2