theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Hey EvanCat, awesome modification by the way. It is looking great. I actually have a whole campaign set out using these units, the only issue is, I can't find any information regarding ALiVE compatibility.

Is that something that you will get done at some point, or no interest yet?

Its the only thing holding me back as the Vanilla CSAT units annoy me to no end.

Hey EvanCat, awesome modification by the way. It is looking great. I actually have a whole campaign set out using these units, the only issue is, I can't find any information regarding ALiVE compatibility.

Is that something that you will get done at some point, or no interest yet?

Its the only thing holding me back as the Vanilla CSAT units annoy me to no end.

I think the replacement pack is ALiVE compatible. Shouldn't be anything that says no. As for the default units, I honestly am not sure since I don't use ALiVE. I'm not sure about how it's set up but it's certainly something I'll look at.

I think the replacement pack is ALiVE compatible. Shouldn't be anything that says no. As for the default units, I honestly am not sure since I don't use ALiVE. I'm not sure about how it's set up but it's certainly something I'll look at.

Ah right. I see it. Must have missed the folder. :S

Thanks mate. It would be pretty sweet as this mod trumps the vanilla units. But the replacement pack will do for now. :)

Alright, so basically I'm finishing up. Most of the Marksmen stuff if in place (units and groups) and I think I still have to work the laser designator bag or something. A lot of fixes and improvements go with this. The helicopter is being a pain in the ass so when that's released it'll most probably still be pretty WIP (it's an A1 model ported to A2 that I'm porting to A3, fml.) Mostly small, minor things that bother me because I'm a perfectionist, but functionally it'll work. I want to push this out as soon as possible because I don't want to keep people waiting. Plus I'm kind of winding down because I have less than ninety days until I'm out of here.

It's a shame I can't do more, but maybe I'll be back for Arma 4. :P

Alright, so basically I'm finishing up. Most of the Marksmen stuff if in place (units and groups) and I think I still have to work the laser designator bag or something. A lot of fixes and improvements go with this. The helicopter is being a pain in the ass so when that's released it'll most probably still be pretty WIP (it's an A1 model ported to A2 that I'm porting to A3, fml.) Mostly small, minor things that bother me because I'm a perfectionist, but functionally it'll work. I want to push this out as soon as possible because I don't want to keep people waiting. Plus I'm kind of winding down because I have less than ninety days until I'm out of here.

BUT! This mod is so great. I love your work. :( Are you going to leave this mod open so people can keep adding to it?

Sad news, but can I ask you said you're out of here in 90 days. Are you joining the military?

Sad news, but can I ask you said you're out of here in 90 days. Are you joining the military?

Yep, West Point puts its class of 2019 into training in late June.

As for continuing this, I'm looking through my options. Probably will end up handing it off to someone I know, I'm not quite sure yet.

Good luck and thank you for your effort to bring a human CSAT into ARMA 3. I avoided to play with them until you released your mod .

Alrighty, lads, here's the situation. This is 1.5.0, basically my biggest update yet. The new helicopter is somewhat WIP but I know y'all would like something out as quickly as possible. A few things I would have liked to do just couldn't be done, like making black Rahims and Alamuts. Overall I'm happy with most of it and I think you guys are going to like it as well (probably more than me because I'm a perfectionist and can't forgive myself for my faults.) The changelog is below. Like always, please let me know about any issues or errors. I don't think I gooned anything up too badly this time.

As for future updates, this is still a "wait and see" thing. I think the end is near for me and Arma, so this is most likely going to transfer hands in less than ninety days. Fun fact, this MFer turns a year old on the 4th of May which is surprising because I never really thought I'd end up at this point. Oh well, enjoy. Comments and questions can go here or in my inbox.

1.5.0 (4/08/15)

> Fixed Azad faces.

> Fixed Azad shadow texture.

> Fixed Azad weighting.

> Fixed replacement config type: ammo bearer should spawn properly now.

> Fixed kitbag texture issues.

> Fixed Shahan wing pylons.

> Fixed woodland marksman spawning with an urban uniform.

> Fixed issue with Shar ASV commander turret being unusable.

> Fixed AAT backpacks spawning with AA missiles.

> Fixed general config issues with CSAT_Vehicles.pbo (support trucks had two displayname classes for some reason.)

> Fixed GMG support gunner not showing up in Zeus.

> Redid update numbering ("1.4.0 bugfix" was causing some confusion.)

> Redid support name formatting (small displayname edits, nothing major and mission breaking.)

> Redid colors on the aircrew vests, replaced them with a modified model, and added a medical man.

> Redid Penah RVMATs.

> Added new replacement configs for woodland and semiarid units.

> Added a new medium rucksack imported from A2, replacing bergens in use.

> Added a new heavy rucksack imported and modified from A2, replacing carryalls in use.

> Added new insignia, including service branch icons.

> Added various Shahan improvements, such as a destruction model and additional LODs.

> Added the Taru to the CSAT (Alternative) side in an optional PBO for those who might not have the Helo DLC.

> Added the new Hamel light vest, replacing existing A3 tactical vests on CSAT units.

> Added a new version of the Offroad as a CUCV (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle.)

> Added camo faces (finally in after fixing the bug where they'd show up on AI.)

> Added new hidden support men classes so groups featuring the assistance AA or AT gunners won't have the wrong uniforms.

> Added Penahs without covers.

> Added Penahs with scrim (bush) covers.

> Added baseball caps.

> Added Raad special forces lightweight helmet.

> Added a direct-action special forces element (Men (Special Forces))

> Added autonomous HMGs and GMGs.

> Added Keftar scout helicopter.

> Added diver units.

> Added black Titans with the capabilities to fire all types of Titan missiles.

> Compatibility with Helo DLC.

> Compatibility with Marksman DLC.

> Compatibility with the XENO Taru Pod mod. (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186272-XENO-Taru-Pod-Mod)

> Compatibility with TFAR, adding additional CSAT radio manpacks.

> Modified Azad models.

> Modified Penah models.

> Modified attachments for carbine-carrying units.

> Modified missilemen to have Titan APRL units (compact launchers go to SOF.)

> Moved Shahan PBO to the full version, since it's more or less finished.

> Removed the Shahan's AA and CAS variants until I can fix them.

> Removed (hidden) Penah variants with the "down" eyepiece until I can figure out how to work them in somehow.

> Removed forced goggles on rocket-carrying units.

> Updated replacement configs with new units.

Known issues:

> TFAR bags apply to the whole faction and, since different camo units are in the same TEC_CSAT faction, only the arid manpack will spawn if TFAR is set to give a longrange radio to the player.

> Minor tweaking required on Keftar AFM.

> Weapon effects will only play for one barrel on the Keftar's guns.

DROPBOX LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubci0i83wc4glfe/%40TEC_CSAT.zip?dl=0

Mirrors coming soon and will be updated on the main page.

Gday TheEvanCat, awesome release as usual! These have been my go-to OPFOR ever since.

Just a heads up, I've been getting this error popping up in game since your latest release this morning:

Warning Message: Cannot open object p:\csat_abda\data\damagewheel\damagewheel_1.p3d

If it's not down to your mod I apologise!

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I not understand new replacement.

I use only the infantry, but i need put only the csat_replacement_alternate.pbo? or i need put all csat_replacement_alternate.pbo, CSAT_Replacement_Semiarid_Alternate.pbo, and CSAT_Replacement_Woodland_Alternate.pbo?

Great work, many thanks for the efforts!

Two minor issues though:

- The Zafir has no ammo when using the replacement config. (I was testing the semiarid alternate version.)

- There seem to be no matches for some of the CSAT unit types from the Marksmen DLC, like Heavy Gunner.

I not understand new replacement.

I use only the infantry, but i need put only the csat_replacement_alternate.pbo? or i need put all csat_replacement_alternate.pbo, CSAT_Replacement_Semiarid_Alternate.pbo, and CSAT_Replacement_Woodland_Alternate.pbo?

You just need one. Some mods conflict with vehicles so you put the alternate PBO in to replace just infantry. If you want the Ifrit replaced as well, put the main PBO in.

As for the colors, it all depends on what uniform you want them to use. Just put one in.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Great work, many thanks for the efforts!

Two minor issues though:

- The Zafir has no ammo when using the replacement config. (I was testing the semiarid alternate version.)

- There seem to be no matches for some of the CSAT unit types from the Marksmen DLC, like Heavy Gunner.

Huh, #2 is odd. I specifically remember sticking the config in to replace stuff. Actually, do you have the DLC compatibility PBO in the game?

I get some errors with CSAT Mod Project. This is the mod launch settings.

- CBA (lastest updated today)

- TFAR

- CSAT Mod with alternate option and TFAR alternate option

When start sim and appear menu this show error.

WhLvYMa.png?1

And when enter to Zeus i get this error.

tWpH7j3.png?1

If i launch only CBA and TFAR, without CSAT Mod, this errors not appear.

Huh, #2 is odd. I specifically remember sticking the config in to replace stuff. Actually, do you have the DLC compatibility PBO in the game?

Aaaah, I always knew being able to read would prove useful one day. :rolleyes:

Okay, now I have added the DLC compatibility PBO. I can now find the Marksmen units under their own faction 'CSAT (Alternative)'.

Is that how it is meant to be?

I get some errors with CSAT Mod Project. This is the mod launch settings.

- CBA (lastest updated today)

- TFAR

- CSAT Mod with alternate option and TFAR alternate option

When start sim and appear menu this show error.

http://i.imgur.com/WhLvYMa.png?1

And when enter to Zeus i get this error.

http://i.imgur.com/tWpH7j3.png?1

If i launch only CBA and TFAR, without CSAT Mod, this errors not appear.

You might want to put the DLC compatibility PBO in if it isn't already, those seem like DLC-related things.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Aaaah, I always knew being able to read would prove useful one day. :rolleyes:

Okay, now I have added the DLC compatibility PBO. I can now find the Marksmen units under their own faction 'CSAT (Alternative)'.

Is that how it is meant to be?

Most definitely not, heh. Definitely an oversight on my part that I'll end up fixing.

Hey there! This is an impressive addon!!

In a future release, would you consider providing the CSAT alternatives with an optional link to a weapon addon like HLC or Massi's NATO/Spetsnaz weapons? It would be nice to use real world weapons, (for missions set in present day) but it's fine you don't think so.

Even better: is there a way to possibly change the .PBO (just for personal use of course) to make the alt. CSAT spawn with different weapons like the ones mentioned above? And if you would like, I'll provide that optional config for others to use as well in your next update!

You might want to put the DLC compatibility PBO in if it isn't already, those seem like DLC-related things.

I have not bought any DLC. That is why I do not post.

I have not bought any DLC. That is why I do not post.

Hmm... Okay, so I think I figured out the problem. I pretty much hardcoded the replacement for DLC units into the replacement so if you don't own it and the units wouldn't show up normally then there's your problem.

I could make an optional DLC replacement config to fix it.