theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Will there still be the BPPU and dual MG variants as well (basically the same as the A2 Vodnik)? The RCWS HMG/GMG combination gets a bit...stale after a while. :p

I think the BPPU (or whatever is used in A3 now) is way too big to fit on the vehicle. I think that I've tried to model it and splice sample models together and it was either too big for the base or it looked ridiculous and cartoonishly large.

I think the BPPU (or whatever is used in A3 now) is way too big to fit on the vehicle. I think that I've tried to model it and splice sample models together and it was either too big for the base or it looked ridiculous and cartoonishly large.

The Samson RCWS that the BTR-K uses is way too big of course.

The BPPU that I meant was the default one mounted on the original Vodnik, which is a more compact version of the one mounted on the BTR-90:

Arma2_vodnik_hmg.jpg

I'll certainly take a look into it, but the base HMG/GMG variants remain the same.

In other news, I've been appointed to the US Military Academy class of 2019 and therefore (barring any extenuating circumstances), this mod will have to cease development for a while in June while I do my stuff there. Maybe I'll find another caretaker, maybe it will rise again for Arma 4 or something. I don't know yet.

Alright, so the DLC is being released on the 8th of April. I'm going to postpone the update until after that and the platform update so I can make this compatible with the DLCs. That means the aforementioned 7.62x54mmR caliber change, as well as adding new units with the new guns (through an optional PBO since I don't want to put a dependency on it for non-DLC owners.)

I was just thinking about this addon last night while I re configured some of my TPW configs and was like "i wonder when EvanCat will update the CSAT mod project??" I'm calling it "a premonition" lolz

Hey Evancat, your mod is a gem and I'm glad your still working on it.

Any chance you'll be working on those black CSAT weapon variants for your next update?

They'd look great with the new CSAT camo patterns - woodland, urban etc

I think they have hidden selections now - there was a ticket which was assigned a while back.

Black versions of the Alamut, Titan, Zafir, Rahim and new DLC Navid = :bounce3:

Edited by Gepanzert-Faust

Hey Evancat, your mod is a gem and I'm glad your still working on it.

Any chance you'll be working on those black CSAT weapon variants for your next update?

They'd look great with the new CSAT camo patterns - woodland, urban etc

I think they have hidden selections now - there was a ticket which was assigned a while back.

Black versions of the Alamut, Titan, Zafir, Rahim and new DLC Navid = :bounce3:

The Titan at least comes in a new version:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266067052882269/69EA610BC990FCF6ED72EF7E5D36BA370E5A119A/

This one also fires all three AA, AT, and AP missiles because that was a feature once and I have no idea why they removed it. I'm not sure if the others have hiddenselections yet, that'll definitely be something I'll look into.

Hey EvanCat, I wanted to know, will you be adding more equipment to the recon classes? Like bump helmets, new vests, etc? They all kinda look the same for now. I love the uniform for the classes though, looks good.

Hey EvanCat, I wanted to know, will you be adding more equipment to the recon classes? Like bump helmets, new vests, etc? They all kinda look the same for now. I love the uniform for the classes though, looks good.

I think I have some pictures of the new Raad helmet, which is your typical OPSCORE SOF hockey helmet or whatever. And they all got the Hamel. There's also a new SOF faction in addition to Recon for more DA stuff instead of recon. Look around in the thread a bit. I'll find them when I get home.

I think I have some pictures of the new Raad helmet, which is your typical OPSCORE SOF hockey helmet or whatever. And they all got the Hamel. There's also a new SOF faction in addition to Recon for more DA stuff instead of recon. Look around in the thread a bit. I'll find them when I get home.

I am assuming this is it? If thats the case, this is even better than vanilla ECH light helmets in Arma 3.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536262901393318720/B5D0DD1DF3EE6AC84AC8BFCCDA3C9590D1EC5C83/ (128 kB)

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535138812666968467/B6D6F8011073AE6D0F00C8886921F94851FC1F31/ (472 kB)

(2nd pic, are those the vests from the Czech soldiers from Arma 2? How are you gonna make that work with arma 3 units lol?)

Either way, looking good.

Edited by StronkGoat

Those are two different helmets. The first is simply the main helmet without a cover. The second is the SOF helmet.

And those vests actually from PMC, albeit modified heavily. I really just used the base for them.

The Titan at least comes in a new version:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266067052882269/69EA610BC990FCF6ED72EF7E5D36BA370E5A119A/

This one also fires all three AA, AT, and AP missiles because that was a feature once and I have no idea why they removed it. I'm not sure if the others have hiddenselections yet, that'll definitely be something I'll look into.

Looks good :D

And I agree titan should be able to fire different missiles!

Keep up the good work, I hope you can make some progress the other Opfor weapons, been wanting a black zafir since the game was released ha

Alright, here another something I've been working on in the past few days:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266701755404891/670E95049A01AFD15FB8B88D3F4730423B1546D1/

Welcome to the Ka-97 Keftar. The Kajman helicopter so lovingly used by the CSAT faction is great and all, but it's a giant, flying tank. The Keftar is its little brother, designed for lighter missions and aggressive scouting, similar to the proposed Apache/Comanche duo. One pilot operates the airframe and uses its twin 20mm cannon pods to totally destroy anything it encounters, with Skyfire missiles (like the Kajman) as backup. It's maneuverable like the Orca, but obviously more prone to damage than the Kajman.

This one has some bugs at the moment that I'm hoping to get done, but it's actually proven fairly easy to get in game. Stay tuned!

wow that thing looks nice. it fits very good with the 2035 theme. will you be making a black variant as well for the spec ops?

wow that thing looks nice. it fits very good with the 2035 theme. will you be making a black variant as well for the spec ops?

There will be a black one, same as the others! That comes once the initial fixing is done.

Alright, here another something I've been working on in the past few days:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266701755404891/670E95049A01AFD15FB8B88D3F4730423B1546D1/

Welcome to the Ka-97 Keftar. The Kajman helicopter so lovingly used by the CSAT faction is great and all, but it's a giant, flying tank. The Keftar is its little brother, designed for lighter missions and aggressive scouting, similar to the proposed Apache/Comanche duo. One pilot operates the airframe and uses its twin 20mm cannon pods to totally destroy anything it encounters, with Skyfire missiles (like the Kajman) as backup. It's maneuverable like the Orca, but obviously more prone to damage than the Kajman.

This one has some bugs at the moment that I'm hoping to get done, but it's actually proven fairly easy to get in game. Stay tuned!

OMG! It´s the lovechild from a rendez-vous between a Ka-50 Hokum and an AS-365 Dauphin =)

Anxious to fly it... and how´s the Shahan (Dezkit´s MiG29K converted to CSAT frontlines) update going? (Great to see your vodnik port working and with a custom RCWS turret)

Can´t play arma3 without activating you mod first!

cheers!

Just some weaponry ideas to toss around.

Anti-Tank: Vikhr ATGM missles. 2x 6 missile pods + 2x S-13 rocket pods.

Recon: 2x 20mm gun pods + 4x Igla AA missile, 2 each side.

Fire support: 2 x S-5 + 2x S-80 rocket pods.

Hey Evan. A few weeks back I was goofing around and came up with an idea to merge the idea behind the BMO-T and BTR-T with a T-90 chassis for CSAT to have a heavy APC. http://prntscr.com/6m0p77

Over time I'll doing some more work to it. If you want to add it as part of the mod I'd be more than happy to contribute it :)

For those wondering about the SOF Keftar, here it is:

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/536266705773080450/1A2FDDE172DADF260BD86344FA6DE38BC0B05A3D/

Definitely needs some work with textures but I'm running down some stuff in time for releasing after Marksmen comes out. It's my first helo so of course it's gonna be a bit wonked. For now, there are a few issues that I'm trying to fix like the smoke only coming out of one gun pod and whatnot. AFM is a biiiit wonky on the ground. I don't consider these game breakers so I'm trying but I know people want this out as early as possible. Plus, the model and textures come from Arma 1 and I'm doing stuff like overhauling some of them and adding materials to the interior textures. It's almost there but not quite.

Hey Evan. A few weeks back I was goofing around and came up with an idea to merge the idea behind the BMO-T and BTR-T with a T-90 chassis for CSAT to have a heavy APC. http://prntscr.com/6m0p77

Over time I'll doing some more work to it. If you want to add it as part of the mod I'd be more than happy to contribute it :)

Kind of reminds me of an MT-LB. Looks good though, I can keep my eye on it.

Is or will the rediculous armor be corrected??

The armor on what?

Sorry. The infantry.

Vanilla CSAT has armor even without actually wearing body armor. Then their suit provides armor if I remember correctly AND the vest.

Which then makes them super human.

is dat fixed with this mod?

Sorry. The infantry.

Vanilla CSAT has armor even without actually wearing body armor. Then their suit provides armor if I remember correctly AND the vest.

Which then makes them super human.

is dat fixed with this mod?

The uniform inherits from the AAF uniform which does not provide any armor. The vest inherits from the NATO vest so it should have similar ballistics. It's been fixed for a while, I think.