theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Hello!

When launching the game with only this mod while using the full replacement config (pbo`s), the game crashes on launch. Without the optional config, the game launches without issues and all the units work.

Is it only me or is anyone else getting this issue?

Are you on dev or stable branch?

I'll try to replicate.

Hi guys, the crashing problem just from updating the play with six version. I had the same issue and just downloaded it from this thread and it worked. For some reason it doesn't update correctly if you have it installed already on play withsix.

I'm having an issue with the Shahan myself where it just doesn't seem to exist. It isn't showing up for me in the editor, or Zeus, or MCC, or anything. I don't know if I'm just being stupid and it's in a new category that I missed, but it just doesn't seem to be present. Everything else seems fine (I'm using the PlayWithSix version by the way).

Have you installed the PBO, Savage?

Have you installed the PBO, Savage?

Yeah, it´s on an "Optional" folder inside the .RAR you´ve downloaded... (CSAT_Shahan.pbo)

But it isn´t showing up on MCC nor VVS, you need to place it on editor and play around with it, hope to see it MCC compactible soon (hint hint to EvanCat)

;2789835']Yeah' date=' it´s on an "Optional" folder inside the .RAR you´ve downloaded... (CSAT_Shahan.pbo)

But it isn´t showing up on MCC nor VVS, you need to place it on editor and play around with it, hope to see it MCC compactible soon (hint hint to EvanCat)[/quote']

Derp. I knew it would be something super obvious. I must have conveniently skipped over that step.

;2789835']Yeah' date=' it´s on an "Optional" folder inside the .RAR you´ve downloaded... (CSAT_Shahan.pbo)

But it isn´t showing up on MCC nor VVS, you need to place it on editor and play around with it, hope to see it MCC compactible soon (hint hint to EvanCat)[/quote']

I'll look into that, since I don't actually use MCC. But I'm sure there's a way to fit it in anyways.

Everything else fits, yes?

Hello and conragts on a very fine mod!

First, I must admit, that I was a bit sceptical about the mod because I seem to be the only person on this planet who actually likes the "space age" look of the CSAT guys. And I still do. Very much. The thing that made me a bit uncomfortable however was, that I always looked at them as some sort of "Future force Warrior" Type of unit. something like being the first unit to field test the equipment, I hope you know what I mean :)

Now that being said, I too disliked the idea that the entire Iranian CSAT component would look like them, so what I'm basicly trying to say is: Thanks again for making a more plausible looking regular type infantry.

Yet, of course I do have an issue the addon ;) : As I mentioned I would like to still be able to (via virtual arsenal) make a starshipiran trooper, complete with vanilla uniform. The replacement config however seems to overwrite them with the new uniform, could you please give it a look and see if you could make the old uniform available again?

Oh, and I had to laugh quite a bit about your reason behind plastering so many flags on the guys, and I deeply share your dislike :D

Are you on dev or stable branch?

I'll try to replicate.

I`m on stable, PwS version and the version from Arma3.de both crash, I`ll also try the one from Dropbox.

EDIT: Dropbox version also crashes when using replacement config pbo

Edited by pero2589

Hello and conragts on a very fine mod!

First, I must admit, that I was a bit sceptical about the mod because I seem to be the only person on this planet who actually likes the "space age" look of the CSAT guys. And I still do. Very much. The thing that made me a bit uncomfortable however was, that I always looked at them as some sort of "Future force Warrior" Type of unit. something like being the first unit to field test the equipment, I hope you know what I mean :)

Now that being said, I too disliked the idea that the entire Iranian CSAT component would look like them, so what I'm basicly trying to say is: Thanks again for making a more plausible looking regular type infantry.

Yet, of course I do have an issue the addon ;) : As I mentioned I would like to still be able to (via virtual arsenal) make a starshipiran trooper, complete with vanilla uniform. The replacement config however seems to overwrite them with the new uniform, could you please give it a look and see if you could make the old uniform available again?

Oh, and I had to laugh quite a bit about your reason behind plastering so many flags on the guys, and I deeply share your dislike :D

Don't worry, I'm still a fan of the regular aesthetics. However, a lot of people weren't and I'm also fine with more conventional stuff. I actually tried to find a healthy balance with stuff like the Penah and its helmet eyepiece. The vest also has some tech on it as well.

The replacement config shouldn't replace the uniforms. It should replace the CSAT units with new units, and not keep the same unit with replaced gear. I'll look into it though.

It's fun to play against the CSAT again thanks to you ! Thank you and keep up the good work :)

There seems to be a bug in the csat_replacement module which turns the existing OPFOR MRAP (unarmed) into a hover car.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23998871/hovercar.jpg (395 kB)

This is from a conflicting thing with another replacement pack. So something else like, say, AGM's realistic name function will replace the regular Ifrit with a modified Ifrit. When that and CMP both try to replace the same Ifrit, there's a conflict. The solution to that thus far has just been a replacement pack without vehicles. Try the alternate PBO.

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

I`m on stable, PwS version and the version from Arma3.de both crash, I`ll also try the one from Dropbox.

EDIT: Dropbox version also crashes when using replacement config pbo

And you said you were running only this? What PBOs are in your addons folder?

And you said you were running only this? What PBOs are in your addons folder?

Just the default ones already in the addons folder pluse the replacement config.

Just the default ones already in the addons folder pluse the replacement config.

I have been able to replicate. This is weird. I have no idea why it's doing this.

It worked fine before I launched, or at least I noticed no problems. I'm looking into it.

Thanks for informing us about the new version and sorry for the delay :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey TheEvanCat, I found a small bug in your replacement configs.

The CSAT recon marksman, have a weapon config wrong, there is written "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_pointer_snds_F" it causes a bug ("pointer" is a laser pointer right? well CSAT marksman rifle have only single rail attachement on top for optical sights, and don't have side rail attachements on sides of it's hand guard so mounting pointers or flashlaights is immposible there) and soldier have only pistol, it should be rather written "srifle_DMR_01_DMS_snds_F", then it works perfectly.

yes, that bug should be fixed soon, as it leads to snipers having no scope at all, that can (and does) break missions completely.

btw, more variants of the replacement config would be great, I mean one pbo that replaces the troops with the dark brown variant, one with the light variant and one with the woodland one, so that one can swap out the pbo depending on the personal taste.

Edited by Brainbug

Only recon marksman have this bug, rest work properly.

Nice Mod and one of the best Addons out there! Keep up the good work!

[...]As per something like ALiVE, I'll take a look at it.

I'm just curious. Are there any news about Alive and The CSAT Modification Project? Would love use units with different camo with ALIVE :)

I'm a bit struck for time at the moment (don't you love it when your AP Physics teacher leaves for six weeks and throws you into a whirlpool without a life raft and makes you learn it yourself?) but I have taken the bugs into account. OP will be updated in a few hours once I get out of school. I'm not fond of writing dev updates on my phone under the desk while trying not to get caught by the teacher.

How have you guys been able to get the replacement config to work? I've been suddenly having the crashing error as well, and I think an update might have broken something. I'm looking into it.

My replacement config works fine, I use alternative version without vehicles replacement.

I just updated but didn't test the latest version yet, I had encountered that bug already with an earlier version though.

I'm just testing what happens if I let Notepad++ auto-replace all instances of "arid" with "semiarid" or "woodland" in the replacement config, maybe that is already enough. Or the game explodes^^

btw., just curious, why did you call the brown variant "arid" and the lighter variant "semiarid", shouldn't it be the other way round? The lighter version seems to be better for desert while the brown stuff seems better for dried out vegetation, open soil etc.

Edited by Brainbug

The arid camo is similar enough to default CSAT stuff. I dunno. Semiarid used to be called grassland, but I changed that as well for some reason.

My replacement config works fine, I use alternative version without vehicles replacement.

+1, using alternate + Shahan and null problem... I´ve noticed, while browsing units on MCC that some of CSAT (5 to 6 unit types) are still vanilla, 2 characters (like Miller and Ryley on NATO) desert ammo bearer I don´t recall the rest, they still got yhe Bughead helmet =)

cheers!