theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

looking good evan, do you have any plans for any other factions from a3 to be remade (Ie. AAF (although theres a lot of mods doing that), NATO?)

Not particularly. I feel like this was underrepresented so I made it. Also, I probably won't have too much time to make anything to the level of my baby now that school is starting up again.

---------- Post added at 03:35 ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 ----------

I had this idea to make the CSAT a MLRS. Taking the body of the Kamaz and putting the model from either the RM70 or BM-21 on the back. A mix of modern and updated old tech :) You can run with it if you want.

I was going to port the Kamaz to replace the Zamak (even if they'd be the same thing) because I could end up doing a bunch of variants like a command center and whatnot. I didn't think about doing a Katyusha. Good plan.

The To-343 Shahan, based off of Dezkit's MiG but with several differences (I jiggered with the config to make it less janky to fly, for example) is also coming soon to a theater of war near you. I'd like to thank him for releasing the source files for the aircraft, because it pretty much taught me a lot of stuff regarding not only aircraft making, but O2 and Arma models in general. This paves the way for a ported Vodnik in the future now that I know how to RVMAT.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/562140838009323260/0E6B0AADE72C156696B1696F1AEE244D2C1DBAF6/

My main problem is with the placement of weapons (y u no show up, rocket pod??) and some error messages. Also, there appears to be a spare copilot hanging out, which is odd considering it's a single-seat airframe.

Great news, godd to know you´ve fiddled with dezkit configs, cus that´s the major flaw on his airplanes... and yeah, on the last version he had released here (before redeploying his Ivory airplanes on Steamworkshop) had a "ghost" co-pilot lost inside the MiG29K frame... spooky! ;D

Some constructive criticism: that iranian flag is oversized (it should be 1/4 the size and put at the root of the rudder) and those IAF marks on the wings should be placed on the other half, close to the tip of those wings and that "lost" mark placed where the MiG29 has a turbine window for take-off, should be placed at the rudders, just above the minimized flag =)

But the MiG does looks quite good on CSAT hexagonal camo! Anxious to fly it!

cheers!

;2758567']Great news' date=' godd to know you´ve fiddled with dezkit configs, cus that´s the major flaw on his airplanes... and yeah, on the last version he had released here (before redeploying his Ivory airplanes on Steamworkshop) had a "ghost" co-pilot lost inside the MiG29K frame... spooky! ;D

Some constructive criticism: that iranian flag is oversized (it should be 1/4 the size and put at the root of the rudder) and those IAF marks on the wings should be placed on the other half, close to the tip of those wings and that "lost" mark placed where the MiG29 has a turbine window for take-off, should be placed at the rudders, just above the minimized flag =)

But the MiG does looks quite good on CSAT hexagonal camo! Anxious to fly it!

cheers![/quote']

Yeah, no idea where the ghost copilot is coming from. Can't seem to find anything that'd cause it in the the config. Maybe he's hiding in the weapons bays or something.

Also, I'm getting errors saying that it can't open a proxy object when it obviously can and does (the pathing is still from the original Ivory path, so there's something I missed somewhere undoubtedly.)

As for the insignia, they came out a little bigger than I expected. But I guess it's similar to the insignia on my Neophron. I did it that way mostly because I liked to be able to see it (otherwise I felt that having that extra data downloaded would be kind of worthless if the insignia was small and hard to see) and I had found some source pictures that made it look bigger for some reason.

But it fits my theme of a super vain Iranian military with all the flags I've been plastering on my units! :P

i'd say desaturate it as its too bright and would give the craft away easier

-edit: i mean the flag and roundel

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

As for the insignia, they came out a little bigger than I expected. But I guess it's similar to the insignia on my Neophron. I did it that way mostly because I liked to be able to see it (otherwise I felt that having that extra data downloaded would be kind of worthless if the insignia was small and hard to see) and I had found some source pictures that made it look bigger for some reason.

But it fits my theme of a super vain Iranian military with all the flags I've been plastering on my units! :P

I got your point, and it fits quite in on the Neophron... if you adjust the MiG29K texture to look like that Neo, it could work out good ;)

On the other hand, I had second thoughts that an alternative config (using HLC Tacticool G3´s) would fit right in... I´m just sick of Katiba if you know what I mean =)

cheers!

Great work! Just a couple of pointers about the fixed wing part, although it does look awesome!

That camo doesn't look like something that would be used in combat, but more of a display or special occasions one: it's way too saturated and complicated, if you know what I mean. Normally color patches are much larger.

http://comune-info.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/m346.jpg (143 kB)

You also haven't shown the bottom part of the MiG, but it shouldn't be the same camo we see on the top. Fixed wing aircrafts have uniform patterns only if neutral colors are used (like the typical gray).

m346italianaf.jpg

In more complicated camos (normally used by attack jets) the top part has some sort of pattern, and the bottom a plain blue or gray. This is because from the ground it is much harder to spot a blue bellied plane than a green and brown one.

Pic+37.JPG

Yay!

put

class Turrets {};

to nullify the copilot

Thanks a lot, man! It works.

Now to figure out what these error messages mean. They say I can't open the canopy file when it clearly loads and opens? Know anything about that?

---------- Post added at 03:52 ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 ----------

Great work! Just a couple of pointers about the fixed wing part, although it does look awesome!

That camo doesn't look like something that would be used in combat, but more of a display or special occasions one: it's way too saturated and complicated, if you know what I mean. Normally color patches are much larger.

http://comune-info.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/m346.jpg (143 kB)

You also haven't shown the bottom part of the MiG, but it shouldn't be the same camo we see on the top. Fixed wing aircrafts have uniform patterns only if neutral colors are used (like the typical gray).

http://www.ainonline.com/sites/default/files/uploads/m346italianaf.jpg

In more complicated camos (normally used by attack jets) the top part has some sort of pattern, and the bottom a plain blue or gray. This is because from the ground it is much harder to spot a blue bellied plane than a green and brown one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AF6kngeMnfM/UfSGr52Pf8I/AAAAAAAAlZ0/rrRuVcV_at0/s640/Pic+37.JPG

Yay!

The bottom is colored like the Neophron. I can take some pictures later, but my main concern has been a common theme between the craft. So the Neophron has a camo pattern, and the Shahan does as well.

So I went ahead and stuck up a poll regarding the Shahan. It's in game and working but it's rough.

Namely, the textures aren't quite there yet (I still want to improve them.)

There is an error message regarding opening a P3D that I've found is inconsequential to actual gameplay. The plane flies fine and the P3D seems to be loading.

On the CAS variant, there are some weapon issues. It functions fine, it just screwed up sticking weapons on hardpoints (rockets, mainly.) AA and Multirole are more or less fine.

So basically I could throw it out in the next update for public testing either as part of the main pack for everyone or as an optional PBO you could stick in if you wanted to deal with it. It irks me to push out stuff that has errors like that, which is why I haven't asked this sooner. Alternatively, I could just not release it at all or delay 1.4 until the Shahan works just dandy.

Your call, guys.

I said no because the neophron is a perfectly good jet already and making a new one is just wasting your time and resources that could be better invested elsewhere.

I said no because the neophron is a perfectly good jet already and making a new one is just wasting your time and resources that could be better invested elsewhere.

Well, it's actually already made. It's just not completely perfectly how I want it and I want to push it out for feedback.

Neophron is a CAS/trainer jet (as Yak-130 IRL), CSAT needs a multirole fighter, so why not? They already have J&S Su-35, but an airforce isn´t made of just one model, rite?

Anxious to see the config improvements you´ve done on dezkit´s MiG29K, Evan!

Fixed the Shahan with Dezkit's help. Poll is moot.

Maybe the CAS variant won't be put in because I'm having trouble sticking rockets on, though.

And the new Penah model, in other news, features a helmet mounted display that's supposed to be some flexible screen you can pull out of its housing when in use so it takes up less space when it's off. And it doesn't look as dorky.

Edited by TheEvanCat

So I've been screwing around more and more and I keep getting sidetracked by adding new shinies.

Like this shotgun (WIP once again):

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/531746184615360344/6DAA30E5C1B212562FD044A6486ED8701649B6EF/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/531746184615374568/692E4B3B128153ACA8E81C4576D3585F693B1CF1/

You can also notice the enhanced textures and the new Penah model.

There's also brand new rank patches for Iranian troops because their ranking differs from everyone else. For example, this guy is a Sergeant:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/531744890174608370/76A85CB8B7EFEC05BC9900F452369F2CAD45D2F7/

You can see what I mean here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rank_insignia_of_the_Iranian_military#Iranian_Army_Commissioned_Officers_and_Enlisted_Ranks

Underwear textures:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/554262075606732308/179DCF02636

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/554262075606736560/F14224E4D6FE2AA2CC9F639146F7B42AD46E5BB7/

Also some roundels on helos but I seem to lack textures for those at the moment.

Also, how do I get this damned poll off of the thread?

Anyone know the ALiVE code for this mod?

Also, a few bugs. I did the replacement option stuff so I could use these units in ALiVE, but while doing this, I recognized the Ifrits were glitched. The back doors become invisible, and the tires disappear. This could be a glitch with a mod a I have on steam workshop...(Vechile Doors and Lights)

Edited by Whiskey001

The Ifrit has been fixed ages ago, dude.. you´re using a steamworkshop version? I recommend using the version linked some pages ago!

The fix is explained here... and there´s a discussion on this glitch some posts before, mate!

Cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Anyone know the ALiVE code for this mod?

Also, a few bugs. I did the replacement option stuff so I could use these units in ALiVE, but while doing this, I recognized the Ifrits were glitched. The back doors become invisible, and the tires disappear. This could be a glitch with a mod a I have on steam workshop...(Vechile Doors and Lights)

Yes, IIRC the doors and lights mod replaces regular vehicles with versions that open doors. Therefore, the replacement config replacing the Ifrit with the Shar will conflict with that addon's replacement of the Ifrit with the Ifrit with opening doors.

There's another replacement config in the folder called csat_replacement_alternate that basically includes everything but vehicles. That fixed most peoples' concerns about having wonked out replacement conflicts.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Those look pretty good, mate. Have you been reskinning everything you can get your hands on?

Those look pretty good, mate. Have you been reskinning everything you can get your hands on?

Pretty much. I'm a BECTI fan and I'm working on as many units for both sides as possible. You know, for that steam server addon integration someday... :)

Man, those look awesome. I've been hoping someone would reskin more vehicles- especially older Russian ones -to CSAT camo.

Mind if I ask where you found a good sample of the CSAT vehicle camo texture? I've been thinking of trying my hand at re-skinning the Mi-8 and Mi-24 with that pattern for CSAT.

If it's better than taking the CSAT camouflage off the side of the Tempest truck then I'd like to hear it, too.

I'm interested in porting the Vodnik.

Man, those look awesome. I've been hoping someone would reskin more vehicles- especially older Russian ones -to CSAT camo.

Mind if I ask where you found a good sample of the CSAT vehicle camo texture? I've been thinking of trying my hand at re-skinning the Mi-8 and Mi-24 with that pattern for CSAT.

I'll probably be finished with the Mi-8 and Mi-24 later tonight, I have to use different honeycomb sizes/patterns for different parts to match them up, then there is the color match process which is slightly different for each vehicle it seems.