theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Thank you so much for this! Works perfectly!! So much better than the original units!

OK I found that because I renamed the mod folder, the replacement addon could not work.

Alright then. Glad you worked it out alright.

Okay, so I have a mission for anyone who's willing to help!

This is the Ka-98 Keftar, a modified Ka-50:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276811281

So I have the model down and pretty much all the LODs. The one thing that I cannot do for the life of me is actually make it do things. What I am looking for is someone who could help me do this, and help me config the Keftar so that one day it may fly the skies as a replacement for the Kajman. If anyone can, or knows someone who can, contact me either here or with forum PMs and we can talk. Help would be much appreciated.

I might be able to help you bro! I'll just need to spend a year on the model.cfg. XD

I might be able to help you bro! I'll just need to spend a year on the model.cfg. XD

Yeah, you have your AH-1Z working. Well, I'd appreciate any help. Just PM me or something if you still want to.

Hey,

I've got a bit of an odd question here. Currently I'm working on a config for your units to use the HLC AK pack, since it makes use with scripts like DAC easier, and so far it's going along pretty well - the standard units accept their loadout with no issues. Now I've come along to the "new" classes you added, namely units such as TEC_O_Chief_C_F, and these just outright refuse modifications. I've tested various things, like changing author, scope or such things, simply to test if it'd accept these new variables - no success. However, it does seem to accept magazine array modifications, and ONLY that. Weapons, which are the main issues, are just thrown out. This leaves them with their original Katibas, but no ammo. There's zero syntax or run time errors, and the class names are all correct. I figured I'd ask you as the original author if you've put any magic in these particular configs that prevent editing, as it's just the "newly" added units that are affected. In general, _SL, _TL, _GL, _C tagged units don't work. The rest work absolutely fine.

I have no idea what could possibly cause such an issue - I just changed values by copypasting the original TEC_O_Soldier_F. That's pretty weird.

If you like, I can get you the unbinarized stuff and see if that works better for your stuff.

Edited by TheEvanCat

Yeah, I'd appreciate if you could give me the unbinarized stuff. I'll give it a try with that, still can't seem to figure out what's causing all this.

Getting a DMR pointer? config error, sorry i forgot the proper error but essentially recon marksmen spawns without primary weapon.

Also is it possible to get it so its not added as an addon requirement in the mission.sqm?

Other than that shes a great replacement.

Getting a DMR pointer? config error, sorry i forgot the proper error but essentially recon marksmen spawns without primary weapon.

Also is it possible to get it so its not added as an addon requirement in the mission.sqm?

Other than that shes a great replacement.

Apparently Six Config put in the wrong weapon classname or a classname that doesn't exist and so the DMR with a silencer doesn't spawn. I thought I just gave him a regular one but I must not have.

As for your script question, I'm not sure how to do that. I've never touched scripts. I can take a look around though.

Coming back with a WIP report of the new Penah variant under development:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577900900845930271/C477D09BD78FCE408BC1253045AEA50B792C4368/

Because I think helmet mandibles are cool, Iran is getting a brand new one for its Penah helmet. This comes with some extended protection in the rear and sides to make it a more appealing option for jobs like riot policing.

Coming back with a WIP report of the new Penah variant under development:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/577900900845930271/C477D09BD78FCE408BC1253045AEA50B792C4368/

Because I think helmet mandibles are cool, Iran is getting a brand new one for its Penah helmet. This comes with some extended protection in the rear and sides to make it a more appealing option for jobs like riot policing.

Nice work! And yes, helmet mandibles are awesome! :D

I want to report the bug, dunno if anyone else encountered it, but CSAT mod, creates a roblem with Ifrit MRAP, it's wheels, rear doors and some other model components disappears visually when this mod is running. I have latest version of the mod and game.

And yes, I checked if other mods/addons cause this problem, they don't.

I want to report the bug, dunno if anyone else encountered it, but CSAT mod, creates a roblem with Ifrit MRAP, it's wheels, rear doors and some other model components disappears visually when this mod is running. I have latest version of the mod and game.

And yes, I checked if other mods/addons cause this problem, they don't.

That's interesting, I've had that same error but not sure if I had this mod enabled, I thought it was the refined vehicles mod that caused it?

It seems the bug is caused by CSAT mod replacement config. If I run the mod without replacement config, everything is fine.

Edited by Damian90

The Ifrit's wheels are missing for me, too.

Yeah, I think that's when the replacement config tries to replace something that's being replaced by a different replacement config. Tries to apply the Strider/Shar textures to an Ifrit. I'll see what I can do in regards to fixing it.

Have you thought about doing the same thing for NATO? I've never been a fan of its uniform and thought it looked a little over the top as well.

Have you thought about doing the same thing for NATO? I've never been a fan of its uniform and thought it looked a little over the top as well.

I think NATO is pretty much the same stuff we have today. I mean, there's the ACS/ACP issued out to regular troops. Plate carriers and helmets are the same. There's really nothing like what people didn't like about CSAT.

can you retexture the the rpg 42 alamut, because it uses the normal texture and looks out of place.

can you retexture the the rpg 42 alamut, because it uses the normal texture and looks out of place.

That's the plan, along with similar weapons like the Titans and the marksman rifle.

Hello there

Even with some items not being fully altered, this mod, for me, really lifts the game to where I think it should be aesthetically. CSAT still feel near future but dont seem out of place as the native BI ones did.

I now feel im fighting Terrans rather than invaders from a different dimension.

No disrespect to BI and their skills though!

An essential part of my personal mod pack.

Good stuff.

Rgds

LoK

That's the plan, along with similar weapons like the Titans and the marksman rifle.

The RPG 42 model fits, but the Titan family could be changed for another launcher IMO.