Sign in to follow this  
SpitShine

Script fine in preview BROKEN TO SHIT IN MULTIPLAYER

http://www.mediafire.com/download/28748adh6fzac8u/DynamicCrust18g.Takistan.pbo

I'm about to break my fucking disc in half

The above mission can be previewed just fine in the editor, everything spawns just fine and all the tasks are assigned as they should but it simply will not fucking work on a dedicated server and it gives me no indication as to what is wrong

I'm getting an undefined variable when in the same fucking sqf file the very thing it says is undefined explicitly is defined

Your frustration is understandable, I have been through those moment before too. But ArmA 3 is like a woman. A badass woman though.

Hard to understand, but once you understand it, it fucking rocks. Practice and research makes perfect.

What I am trying to say is, do some study on how all the functions work. If something is working in the editor, it might not work on dedicated at all.

Also, a tip on tasks: if you do not set the owner of the task as "all playable units" or "BLUFOR", then the task will only be available to none or only to the player you synced it to. I hope this helped you.

No, you didn't help me you condescending shit.

Helping me would be explaining why a created unit with a given name returns a fucking undefined variable error when on a dedicated server the airlift script checks for a unit by that name.

Helping me would be something like pointing out a syntax error that's preventing the radio tower marker from spawning on the location where it's moved to by its script and not on the location where its placed in the editor.

Dang, why so disrespectful? Acting like that won't get you your answer quicker. I am trying to help and you start acting up like this.

Good luck getting your answer out with such an attitude.

Spitshine, your attitude is attrocious, your language is foul and defintely unwarranted

With that approach you aren't going to get any help from anybody

Read this tutorial thread on debugging and sort your own problem out

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176096-Zeu-Debugging-Tutorial-amp-Foundation-Template

Edited by Terox

On a nicer note, thanks for the information Terox. Will have to bookmark that thread for future use.

wow,.... just.. wow...

Keep being great contributors to this community IT07 and Terox. Most all of us appreciate the time you guys take to help us, most...

DasClark