Sign in to follow this  
bazzaro135

Dedicated Server Questions - Command Line, servercfg, Running Mods

I am having a few problems with my dedicated server.

1st: The server is not picking noticing I have mods set to run on start up. here's my command line,

-maxplayers=20 -port=2314 -name=a3 Server2 -config=C:\TCAFiles\Users\JaymeP\2992\server_config.cfg -cfg=C:\TCAFiles\Users\JaymeP\2992\server_basic.cfg -profiles=C:\TCAFiles\Users\JaymeP\2992\Users\default\ -mod=@ASR_AI3 -gtqueryport=3041

2nd: The server is reseting the hostname back tot he ip after restarts.

first of all i would keep my configs and profiles in the arma 3 server root folder

also keep in mind a "space"in your command line is expecting a new parameter so -name=a3 server2 is expecting a new parameter on server2=

create a new folder in your arma 3 server folder and name it serverfiles

put your server config files in to that folder

then your startup parameter would be look like this:

-port=2314 -profiles=profile -name=a3Server2 -config=serverfiles\server_config.cfg -cfg=serverfiles\server_basic.cfg name -mod=@ASR_AI3

I use TCAdmin so what would the best way to go about setting up the command line or the start.bat? I have access to the master tcadmin account so i can edit everything.

If you have access and can edit the Arma 3 game service itself:

- Click on the game name in TCA to access the master game service

- Command lines tab

- here's our default command line:

-port=$[service.GamePort] -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=4096 -cpuCount=2 -cfg=$[service.RootDirectory]basic.cfg -BEpath=$[service.RootDirectory]battleye -profiles=$[service.RootDirectory]

You can set the default config file there as well (instead of just the cfg file as shown above), Note that the basic.cfg file is for bandwidth settings, etc whereas the server.cfg file is for server settings, hostname, options, etc.

- click on Variables button below - here's what I have setup:

http://imgur.com/WncVB2f

If you have access and can edit the Arma 3 game service itself:

- Click on the game name in TCA to access the master game service

- Command lines tab

- here's our default command line:

-port=$[service.GamePort] -nosplash -world=empty -maxmem=4096 -cpuCount=2 -cfg=$[service.RootDirectory]basic.cfg -BEpath=$[service.RootDirectory]battleye -profiles=$[service.RootDirectory]

You can set the default config file there as well (instead of just the cfg file as shown above), Note that the basic.cfg file is for bandwidth settings, etc whereas the server.cfg file is for server settings, hostname, options, etc.

- click on Variables button below - here's what I have setup:

http://imgur.com/WncVB2f

Would I be able to add you on skype i have some other questions. Im staff with a game server company and we are adding arma.

Sure... skype name is Savage CDN