thetrooper

Dog Fight ccommunity (aircraft)

Any room for the North American folk? :)

What is the time difference between Europe and North America?

Depends on location, but I'm on the east coast so Amsterdam for example is 6hrs ahead.

Depends on location, but I'm on the east coast so Amsterdam for example is 6hrs ahead.

That isn't too much, here in the Netherlands it is GMT+1 and also an extra hour since we have summertime. so for instance, we can do the private sessions on Saturday 19:00 GMT, So it's here in Holland 21:00, England 19:00 and in the eastcoast of America about 13:00. I think that would be the best time.

On the positive side, there would always be people about if someone wants to do a bit or arma dogfighting various times of the day or days in the week

On the positive side, there would always be people about if someone wants to do a bit or arma dogfighting various times of the day or days in the week

Sure! But I realy think that we all have to train one time in a week, cause if we want to be the best, you need a lot of skills

If there's sufficient interest, I can host a dedicated server with dogfighting missions -- maybe some TvT or TvAI.

Sounds good Etzuu we will need a server at some point. I'm currently in the process of finishing building a SP mission this week then can work on a community. I'm sure there will be interest

Cool. I have a few Multiplayer ready dogfighting missions handy. One is vs. AI and the other is TvT

Gleeming. We'll have to try them out during the week one night.

I actually have a Mumble server. For those interested PM me and I'll provide details; maybe we can set something up this week or over the weekend? I hope we have enough interest!

Server Name: Los Pollos Hermanos - Dogfight (Server will be up tomorrow so people can check ping is ok)

Time: Sunday 2PM EST (7PM UK)

Mission(s): Vanilla TopGun 16p CO-OP or AhoyWorld Dogfighting 40p TvT

NOTE: Server will be under the Gamespy tab. PM me for Mumble info. Hope we can get a squad together!

Anyone else interested? Really looking for for 8 to 10 more pilots so we can do some variety of TvT. PM me or show up this Sunday @ 2PM EST!

Im sort of interested in this however I'm more for against AI not huge on verses players dogfight's against players just dont have the same feel in it compared to other games. Open for SP/COOP though

Im sort of interested in this however I'm more for against AI not huge on verses players dogfight's against players just dont have the same feel in it compared to other games. Open for SP/COOP though

Definitely! The biggest hurdle is that there isnt a lot of content out there for strictly fixed wing AI missions. What that means is we`d have to create them, and that takes a bit of time...

Yeah I'm up for doing this. One thing I've noticed. Especially the Top Gun MP mission etc, the buzzards are rubbish for Air to Air. I'll look into it and build a version with a Wipeout.

I'll look into building Air to Air MP missions. Got a good idea and skills what to be done. I will have a couple of questions in the forums if I can't find the answer. Should be good though.

You guys thinking of no respawn (or respawn) coop missions with some JTAC's on the ground perhaps and AI filling out the rest perhaps?

You guys thinking of no respawn (or respawn) coop missions with some JTAC's on the ground perhaps and AI filling out the rest perhaps?

I like the idea of JTACs on the ground. I'm thinking the use of wipeout aircraft is the way forward.

I will be on tonight

PM'd you with Mumble details.

PM'd you with Mumble details.

Last night was good. First time I done the TopGun thing with more than one person (myself).

Once you've done the fixes you wanted, mind if I have a go and do a few things to the file?

• Bring in the wipeout with AA misiles, not just 2.
  • QUick rearming of aircraft once in a particular area of the airbase (to exclude the ballache of ammo, refule, repaire trucks)
  • How about add one or two custom skins?

I like the idea of JTACs on the ground. I'm thinking the use of wipeout aircraft is the way forward.

I will be on tonight

Cool, I have been thinking of making something like this for a while, so I will try and get one made and let you guys try it out before general release.

Dan;2693200']Cool' date=' I have been thinking of making something like this for a while, so I will try and get one made and let you guys try it out before general release.[/quote']

Yeah it won't be hard. I got a script for wipeout which gived it 6 SRange misiles and cannon. I can fetch it later if you want.

For aircraft rearming,refuling,rearming:

I was thinging of adding triggers around the airport. Depending what plane is sitting in it and engine off as a condition, sqf runs and re-arms it, nice hint script to say You're re-armed, boom! off again.

Set triggers to repeatedly.

Doesn't sound to hard to me.