thetrooper

Dog Fight ccommunity (aircraft)

Hi all, I'm looking at starting a dog fighting community European.

• Multiple teams
  • Air To Air
  • Custom skins (design your own give me your own designs)
  • Have your own team page
  • Organise your own team training
  • Try to be the best
  • Competitions against other teams

My Background

I am a developer creating missions and graphics etc. Love flying on arma

Anyone interested in joining anything like this?

Other ideas welcome

This is a great idea, maybe we can also add a Aerobatic flight team. The first thing you should do is making a website or a Steam group and I will join for sure! And maybe think about a cool name

Edited by Stekelenburg

This is a great idea, maybe we can also add a Aerobatic flight team. The first thing you should do is making a website or a Steam group and I will join for sure!

Never thought of Aerobatics, another good idea if that's what people like.

It's an idea at the moment I will move forward as I love flying, but there's not much in that way of a community set up. On the dogfight level can have a community of various teams battling it out, competitions etc. Each team has it's own paintowrk on whatever type of aircraft they fly.

For Aerobatics, can have your own display paint work.

Type away anymore ideas.

I think the F/A 18 would be the best aircraft to use for dogfights on ArmA 3. We could also cooperate with infantry-based clans and taking care of transport and air support. But then we need also some helicopter pilots.

I think the F/A 18 would be the best aircraft to use for dogfights on ArmA 3. We could also cooperate with infantry-based clans and taking care of transport and air support. But then we need also some helicopter pilots.

^this, a merc unit that could do coops with other clans would be good. Your average arma pilot is still often pretty poor. A heli squad might make even more sense once TOH flight model is put in especially if you can fly well on elite (most people I played MP with on TOH struggled with expert)

Dan;2683679']^this' date=' a merc unit that could do coops with other clans would be good. Your average arma pilot is still often pretty poor. A heli squad might make even more sense once TOH flight model is put in especially if you can fly well on elite (most people I played MP with on TOH struggled with expert)[/quote']

That's actually a great idea! The helicopter fysics used now are so easy and even 50% of the players can't even land a helicopter, that would be like 5% with the TKOH fysics. I think to start a clan purely focussing on helicopters and jets has some great opportunities!

That's actually a great idea! The helicopter fysics used now are so easy and even 50% of the players can't even land a helicopter, that would be like 5% with the TKOH fysics. I think to start a clan purely focussing on helicopters and jets has some great opportunities!

After playing TOH on expert, the amount of people who moaned it was too hard (in fact, on one mission, I managed to take off, attack the target and return to base, which took roughly 20mins, before anyone else had managed to get in the air and stay in the air). My only fear is that most servers wont be using it or will put it on easy, and thats a damn shame IMO. I also guess thats why they made it easier to fly on expert with the last patch and still people moaned it was too difficult for them....

Dan;2683695']After playing TOH on expert' date=' the amount of people who moaned it was too hard (in fact, on one mission, I managed to take off, attack the target and return to base, which took roughly 20mins, before anyone else had managed to get in the air and stay in the air). My only fear is that most servers wont be using it or will put it on easy, and thats a damn shame IMO. I also guess thats why they made it easier to fly on expert with the last patch and still people moaned it was too difficult for them....[/quote']

That's true, but if the "realistic" clans are so realistic as they say, then they should use the realistic flight physics of TKOH and on a realistic difficulty level

That's true, but if the "realistic" clans are so realistic as they say, then they should use the realistic flight physics of TKOH and on a realistic difficulty level

Yeah, there is a lot of clans out there that say they are "realistic", but the only part that's often realistic about them is the drills they do and the ranks they call themselves by. I remember ShackTac saying that they wouldn't use the TOH flight model back when it was first asked about.

I still think you could get a team together to do the flying, but I guess most clans would ask for some proof of your flying skills (I have a terrible time getting into choppers flown by most people - its a flashback to public domi in A2). I certainly think [EVO] would certainly use some pilots if we can get a big MP coop game going, but most of the time we don't use helis or me or Crash flies (we both loved playing TOH on expert).

Dan;2684169']Yeah' date=' there is a lot of clans out there that say they are "realistic", but the only part that's often realistic about them is the drills they do and the ranks they call themselves by. I remember ShackTac saying that they wouldn't use the TOH flight model back when it was first asked about.

I still think you could get a team together to do the flying, but I guess most clans would ask for some proof of your flying skills (I have a terrible time getting into choppers flown by most people - its a flashback to public domi in A2). I certainly think [EVO'] would certainly use some pilots if we can get a big MP coop game going, but most of the time we don't use helis or me or Crash flies (we both loved playing TOH on expert).

I would say let's make it reality! But I don't how how olders players (I'm a 14 year old dutch boy) would react to have me in their squad. My English skills are good as you can read and I like realistic gameplay, but most servers are 18+ and it feels a bit strange to play with older people

There's a few good ideas out there. Like it. Keep them coming, I'm working on a website at the moment. Will obviously take time work etc.

Helicopter pilots are something I never really thought about. Maybe somewhere for other clans to poach for whatever they do. Kind of a cyber merc lol.

Looking to develop a profile area so each pilot can have a public profile to share?

Meanwhile, maybe a monthly download for members to download with skins etc so everyone's on the same page.

F18 would be a good option and the flanker when it comes in.

Keep posting ideas, I'm taking note ;)

So..... I'm now downloading the THOH Demo, lets see how it goes. Maybe we should have a cool nickname for this community. Later, I want to be a Chinook pilot by the Dutch Airforce, so I realy like to learn to fly helicopters perfectly and I will definitly take part of this community!

So..... I'm now downloading the THOH Demo, lets see how it goes. Maybe we should have a cool nickname for this community. Later, I want to be a Chinook pilot by the Dutch Airforce, so I realy like to learn to fly helicopters perfectly and I will definitly take part of this community!

Its a shame that TOH mp will not be running any longer unless you direct IP connect due to gamespy disappearing. But if your looking for a clan or just to talk about helis, feel free to come over to ts3.evoclan.net and have a chat.

@TheTrooper, I don't see jets being used anywhere near as much as helis, so I would say that helis are generally better as good pilots tend to be worth their weight in gold, as they often hold the fate of whole squads in their hands with their flying. I think especially with the TOH FM being brought into the game, people who can slingload and fastrope competently will be important.

So I tried out TKOH, but when I am in the air, I've got a fps of 1-2. So I still don't know anything about the flight model...

@[EVO] Dan.

Helicopters are good and like you said worth the weight in gold when you have infantry.

For the use of jets, not so good. However, I'm talking about Air combat dogfighting against eachother. A community of various teams battling it out.

Nothing wrong with having a section in the community for Helicopters though. Itall fits in the flight category.

So I tried out TKOH, but when I am in the air, I've got a fps of 1-2. So I still don't know anything about the flight model...

Turn down your setting and VD and OD, it'll help a load

Dan;2685007']Turn down your setting and VD and OD' date=' it'll help a load[/quote']

Thanks, will take a look a that. About this community, I think we just have to begin with one server and doing dogfights and some helicopter missions, and later when we have more members, we could begin 2 or more servers, 1 for helicopters, 1 for jets etc. begin to coop with other clans, start big dogfight events and that kind of stuff

Thanks, will take a look a that. About this community, I think we just have to begin with one server and doing dogfights and some helicopter missions, and later when we have more members, we could begin 2 or more servers, 1 for helicopters, 1 for jets etc. begin to coop with other clans, start big dogfight events and that kind of stuff

I'm not joining the community btw, just putting some ideas out there. I kinda like being on the ground as well as flying.

Dan;2685331']I'm not joining the community btw' date=' just putting some ideas out there. I kinda like being on the ground as well as flying.[/quote']

That's a pity, but when we have a server online, feel free to join just a mission

That's a pity, but when we have a server online, feel free to join just a mission

Will do, the invite to join [EVO] on a sunday night extends to you too. (and your group)

Dan;2685365']Will do' date=' the invite to join [EVO'] on a sunday night extends to you too. (and your group)

Sounds cool, how late will those missions start?

Any room for the North American folk? :)