Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Removing the watermark?

Hey

Ever since the official release of ArmA 3 I've had the "Development Build <Build Number>" in my lower right corner. It has even been there through OS re-installs and it just won't disappear. Automatic updates is enabled, not opted into any betas on Steam, I've done a full clear of my profile, redownloaded the game several times but that damn watermark just won't disappear.

Also read a suggestion that going into camera mode and back out would solve it but no, nothing.

Am I missing something?

For me it's only visible if I have the dev branch running. Are you sure you aren't running the dev branch?

100% sure. It's on "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" and has been ever since the full release.

Uninstall, then search after ARMA in your computer and make sure to enable the viewing of hidden folders: AppData, UserData and such.

If it survived a clean format then you’re cursed but I bet you didn’t do that and save absolutely nothing, did you?

Uninstall, then search after ARMA in your computer and make sure to enable the viewing of hidden folders: AppData, UserData and such.

If it survived a clean format then you’re cursed but I bet you didn’t do that and save absolutely nothing, did you?

As mentioned, I've done complete OS re-installs. Going from W7, to W8 and back again. I don't keep backups or carry files with me, so they are clean installations.

Well Killzone_kid has maybe a solution for you. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15888 Though you likely need to do that everytime.

Mentioned that in OP, also the one I tried. Still there when I exit camera mode.

As mentioned, I've done complete OS re-installs. Going from W7, to W8 and back again. I don't keep backups or carry files with me, so they are clean installations.

Mentioned that in OP, also the one I tried. Still there when I exit camera mode.

I meant this link in the tracker http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-how-to-remove-beta-watermark-other-things/

Doesn't have anything to do with camera mode. It's a script that could remove the watermark.

Doesn't really help that much but you could at least remove it if you're playing in the editor or your own mission.