Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Whiskey Romeo

CoD: Advanced Warfare

I just saw that and went, I wonder if anyone posted that at the forum already. You sir did not disappoint... especially with that bottom image :D

You do have flying Vespas though.

Hey they are going into Metal Gear turf, not cool.

Hahaha, what? No wait, that's not a parody?

PMCs, the new Iranians who are the new North Koreans who are the new Chinese who are the new Russians (who are the new Nazis). I do love a good trope.

Wouldn't mind seeing a game that portrays any of the above with more depth than "hurr durr war crimes is fun!"

Those exoskeletons will allow you boost jump and stuff. Basically they want to bring in verticality into the gameplay but they are quite late to the party. Planetside had it with Jetpacks, Titanfall had it and now they do it. They are basically making a Titanfall without Titans and Bots.

YET ANOTHER crapfare...

Who cares.

I think they get to the only outlet they had for this "game". After tons of WWII and MW and Cold war, they could only do this, the future, and i think they would sold billions of copies, 'cause as usual they simply did what casual gamers love.

I think they went for the future because that is the only theme were they can implement the new vertical gameplay kids seem to love these days....

I think they went for the future because that is the only theme were they can implement the new vertical gameplay kids seem to love these days....

Yes and no: of course it would help their sales, and maybe they changed the game for this, but the game has begun to be developed 3 years ago, and i don't remeber vertical shooter before titanfall. But what i think sure is the triviality of the game, which will be the common "pew pew pew clash boom boom die russian/chinese/iranian/alien... "

They should do full nano suit for the exoskeleton... the current one look too prototypish or only useful for behind the lines guys in supply depot or such that needs to do some heavy lifting

They should do full nano suit for the exoskeleton... the current one look too prototypish or only useful for behind the lines guys in supply depot or such that needs to do some heavy lifting

Like Crysis?

Their vision of future (future?) warefare is way more accurate than anything else on the market.

Kids of the kids who loved Quake\UT back then?

I don't know why all the hate and flak towards COD still exist; They do their thing, very well done I might add, yet can still bring something new to the table. I see little difference on the COD and OFP\Arma timeline.

Yes and no: of course it would help their sales, and maybe they changed the game for this, but the game has begun to be developed 3 years ago, and i don't remember vertical shooter before titanfall. But what i think sure is the triviality of the game, which will be the common "pew pew pew clash boom boom die russian/chinese/iranian/alien... "

I've always considered Unreal Tournament a "vertical shooter".

I am curious if they are going to use the exo suits as an active game play feature or just as a visual crutch for set action pieces.

Dunno why anyone is saying kids love future setting. I don't think they do, modern warfare and ak47 + acog is still what would sell best.

But hey, You know. ArmA3 showed the way. It's all BIS' fault :yay: Yet, Kevin Spacey. I will like to see it just for him, even tho in terms of design A3 seems like a masterpiece compared to this POS. Well everything does. Everything did it better. Chrome, Crysis, Planetside, EYE...

I'll buy it. The only thing that pisses me off about Call of Duty is that many shooters copy it in order to achieve sales, and fail. Other than that, it's still a fun game. (on consoles atleast)

The only thing that pisses me off about Call of Duty is that many shooters copy it in order to achieve sales, and fail.

If that's the case, BF2143 is probably in development right now.

If that's the case, BF2143 is probably in development right now.

I'm not accusing the Battlefield of copying Call of Duty. I'm just saying that I don't feel the need to bash Call of Duty like other gamers. But no one can deny that other games do try to go for that Call of Duty dollar.

Edited by sesdelta38

vertical gameplay

Is that a new buzzword? The fuck does that even mean?

It means that you can scale buildings and not be dependent on stairs, ladders n stuff.

Not quite new. Remember UT/Quake with rocket jumps, bounce pads, gravity modifiers, etc? That sort of thing. Ways of being unpredictable vertically.

Never understand why so many people rag on these games, if it's not your CoT then simply don't buy it :rolleyes:

Their SP campaigns are leaps and bounds ahead of the BF series for the most part and they have a myriad of online modes including botmatch (which is awesome when you just want to play and not worry about cheaters)

Some installments are great, some - not so much, but generally, you get what you pay for (I've never been totally disappointed yet).

Funnier still is that the hardcore mode has a better damage model than A3 (where enemies flinch when hit by 7.62x39 rounds and then accurately return fire).

Not dissing A3 as it has grown on me over the last 6 months but people should hold it to the same standards before they criticize other games for their perceived shortfalls ;)