Sign in to follow this  
twin

Latest Stable Patch Has Desimated Game

King of the Hill MP mod, but probably other mods as well.

Once a player fires the Gatling gun or 2x Minigun of Orcas/Hellcats the whole server drops down to 5 fps.

This was introduced in the latest patch, 2 days ago.

King of the Hill MP mod, but probably other mods as well.

Once a player fires the Gatling gun or 2x Minigun of Orcas/Hellcats the whole server drops down to 5 fps.

This was introduced in the latest patch, 2 days ago.

This is confirmed, we have tested it multiple times. The server patch enabled people to hear every round shot by the miniguns. Before, people (besides the one firing the gun) would only hear 1/10th of the rounds fired from the guns. The 'crack' of a round being fired close to you is what makes the game crash for everyone.

Experiencing the same problems here. Only seems to happen when there are large players that are within range of the shooting itself.

Hi,

Big problems on latest patch. not sure where to begin so I'll bullet point what is happening on my client (confirmed with multiple clients):

• Gravity appears to be more like the moon, when driving vehicle over hill crests vehicle will take off and fly a straight line gradually sinking downwards (not always reproducible).

• Vehicles and players/ai are able to clip and get stuck in objects like buildings and rocks.

• Controls feel like they have some form of lag or delay especially mouse clicks.

• FPS has plummeted on clients (and servers from what Ive been told too).

• 1 to 2 second freezes occur when the Little-bird fires it machine guns.

• Micro stutters and fps drops when weapons are fired on full auto.

• BE appears to be doing kicks on mass, 20s clients happened in one go more than once

Nothing has changed about my rig and as far as I'm aware neither the mission i was on.

Anything else I find I will post here.

• FPS has plummeted on clients (and servers from what Ive been told too).

• 1 to 2 second freezes occur when the Little-bird fires it machine guns.

• Micro stutters and fps drops when weapons are fired on full auto.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18671

I had this issue with the penultimate stable branch update already. Not sure if it's related with the sounds of the MGs, but rather with the particles. I haven't had this problem since I reduced the particle-quality and disabled Blastcore_A3 and Speed_Of_Sound.

to partly elevate the issue with miniguns servers needs to use startup commandline

-nologs

and in BattlEye filters either fully disabled createVehicle.txt filter or

these 2 entries needs to be added to CreateVehicle filters

to stop logging in BattlEye logs (to w/e line you have to log all)

!="B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_splash" !="B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless_splash"

A few other observations in MP I havn't seen before...

1. Server and client out of sync. Object (in this case a broken heli on ground) on client was ~25 m further away than it was on server. Resulted in a crash LOL.

2. Helicopters floating ~1.5 m in the air when parked at airbase etc.

/KC

A few other observations in MP I havn't seen before...

1. Server and client out of sync. Object (in this case a broken heli on ground) on client was ~25 m further away than it was on server. Resulted in a crash LOL.

2. Helicopters floating ~1.5 m in the air when parked at airbase etc.

/KC

these are dangerous because all connected players except the vehicle owner think the veh is in the wrong position. when the owner gets close enough (or whatever) and its position is updated to the rest of the players, it can cause 2 vehicles to be placed into each other (big explosion).

The uncertainty of the positions of vehicles also causes vehicles that are parked closely together to bump up against one another in small amounts when players move in and out of the vicinity of the veh. the closely parked vehicles will slowly accumulate damage from friction over time until they explode. This is easily observable in wasteland missions at large bases (approaching them , you will generally see a few quadbikes and offroads hovering off the ground, in trees, or other assorted nonsense.)

I posted about it in the dev branch discussion, but I don't know how to make a repro for it to make a ticket-- although it certainly deserves one.

Edited by k0rd
clarification

I notcied my fps has been much lower and stutters are much more frequent as well, especially within towns

to partly elevate the issue with miniguns servers needs to use startup commandline

-nologs

and in BattlEye filters either fully disabled createVehicle.txt filter or

these 2 entries needs to be added to CreateVehicle filters

to stop logging in BattlEye logs (to w/e line you have to log all)

!="B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_splash" !="B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless_splash"

Thanks very much Dwarden, will pass the info on to our server admins. We already run with -nologs of that I'm sure but the battleye stuff will be of use.

One step forward two steps back. History repeats itself.

What is the opposite word of optimizing again? :(

That's a tough thing to say. I don't know about you guys, but overall my fps go up with almost every update. It startet with 40-50fps up to now with 60-70 now, without any changes to the video settings (the last nVidia update excluded). So overall, I think, there are indeed major improvements. Only the HMG-fire is causing trouble. It's more like two steps forward, half a step back.

I have the same Problem here.

I got bad FPS since the last Patch. Befor everything was more or less fine now it runs like crap...

FPS drops down to ~17fps and some complete sceeen freezes for about 5-10 sec.

Sys Spec:

AMD Phenom2 x6 1090T (3.2ghz)

Geforce GTX560TI OC (1gb GDDR5)

4 GB DDR3

Windows 7

What i did:

Defrag

Checking for Driver Update

Tweaking Arma 3 (CPU count, Ram and so on)

Close everthing thats not needed for Arma 3 (Like skype, Teamspeak, Antivirus Software, windows Services...)

Nothing seems to improve the performance.

So its right to say one step forward 2 steps back... It has the feeling of going back to the "good" old Arma 2 Days... I tought u have learned from that BI ... :(

actually the bug with subammunition on the minigun splashes seems to reveal

some more serious issue which was under the hood for quite some time (laying dormant)

so the upcoming fix for this might have way more positive outcome than it seems now ...

p.s quite a lot of people worked on Friday and even Saturday so don't think that holidays will stop us ;)

Edited by Dwarden

Useless posts deleted. Please stay on topic and provide useful information and reports.

so the upcoming fix for this might have way more positive outcome than it seems now ...

How long will i be not able to play Arma 3 (how long will it take to deliver the Patch?)

So we just had a large dogfight between Hellcats and Pawnees on our server (about 8v8 helicopters on a 50 slot server)... After the people realized the miniguns are extremely laggy we had some fun times with rockets :D

Anyways we have -nologs in the start parameters and filters disabled on our servers. The lag starts after shooting ~2sec. and lasts around 2-3sec. after releasing the trigger

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing poor performance after the update. I ran some Fraps tests before and after the update.

Video Settings: 1920x1080, Ultra preset, Vsync ON.

Arma 3 1.16 Showcase>Combined Arms

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg

8860, 166109, 29, 64, 53.338

Arma 3 1.18 Showcase>Combined Arms

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg

7387, 163239, 17, 63, 45.253

My system specs:

Intel 4770k @4.3Ghz

16GB RAM 1600

Geforce GTX 780ti

Crucial M4 SSD

Nvidia Driver: 335.23

I hope the devs are taking this seriously as this is extremely disappointing to get such bad performance after an update. It wouldn't be so bad if we could actually roll back to 1.16. Its not only just a drop of 10 fps for me but also plenty of stuttering, etc. as others have mentioned.

I've tried reinstalling the game from scatch, reinstalling my video drivers, installing nvidia beta drivers (337.50) and nothing has made it better.

So we just had a large dogfight between Hellcats and Pawnees on our server (about 8v8 helicopters on a 50 slot server)... After the people realized the miniguns are extremely laggy we had some fun times with rockets :D

Anyways we have -nologs in the start parameters and filters disabled on our servers. The lag starts after shooting ~2sec. and lasts around 2-3sec. after releasing the trigger

I think the -nologs and battleeye filters help to alleviate the problem, but there is some underlying issue that will take a patch to fix :)

That's a tough thing to say. I don't know about you guys, but overall my fps go up with almost every update. It startet with 40-50fps up to now with 60-70 now, without any changes to the video settings (the last nVidia update excluded). So overall, I think, there are indeed major improvements. Only the HMG-fire is causing trouble. It's more like two steps forward, half a step back.

I'm curious, what GPU do you have, and if Nvidia, what driver version are you running?

I'm curious, what GPU do you have, and if Nvidia, what driver version are you running?

nVidia GTX 760, 2Gb VRam with latest GeForce 337.50 beta driver, 8GB Ram, Intel Core i5-4430 @3,0GHz. With that rig my arma3-experience has constantly evolved to the better, small backdrops excluded and overall neglected since nothing was really game-breaking.

Also can confirm the issue with vehicle de-sync.

Mixed feelings about it. I had just released a mission update to coincide with ArmA update, and people reported tanks flying past them and vehicles suspended in midair. To hear that its not my fault is both a relief and concerning as I can't roll back a mission version and have it resolved.

In my opinion, the much more serious issue for server owners is the server browser. Players are unable to filter the usual way, or save favorites in the Steam server browser.

In addition to the Heli Mini gun sounds issue...there is an issue with grenade sounds and side chat. Posted this here incase its part of the same issue, possible fix?

When a vehicle is replace by his wreck, the wreck is created 4 m above the floor.

Edited by Mariodu62