Lala14

[Release] Red Light inside of Chopper

RHS_C130J is not listed.

Tried adding it to:

[["c130J_base","sab_C130_J_Base"], false, [
	 [ [0,6,-2], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ]
],true],

but failed because the interiour lights are not in the correct position.

Does anyone have a proper position for the RHS_C130J?

I added this just under the normal C130's (the ones you mentioned) (will be released with next script update)

[["RHS_C130J_Base"], false, [
	 [ [0,6,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ],
	 [ [0,2,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ],
	 [ [0,-2,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ]
],true,3],

Hey,

I tried to use your script but how can i activate it when i sit in the RHS C130 ?

looking forward :)

Edit: It Works now but why is the initzaltion time so long ?

hello, would love to see a version where the actions are done through ACE_Interaction :)

• Like 1

I added this just under the normal C130's (the ones you mentioned) (will be released with next script update)

[["RHS_C130J_Base"], false, [
[ [0,6,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ],
[ [0,2,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ],
[ [0,-2,3.8], IL_c_red, IL_attenuation, IL_intensity ]
],true,3],

Hi lala14,

I've added RHS_C130J, everything works fine... the lights turns on but they keep flickering and is like they are not well attached to the plane due to it's velocity.

Also when I change the game speed on editor the lights changes position either like they were not well attached.

Is there anyway to solve this? Thanks!

hi!

I have part of the script working such as turning it on and off and changing the colour, but  the light does not actually glow inside the RHS_ch47. I was reading an earlier post about an earlier version working better than the latest. Is this true or can someone simply explain why the light does not glow inside the fuselage?

thanks

edit:

Worked it out, I had to mess around with the multiplier. raised it to 20 to give a good enough light. 

Excellent script!

Ok, i know u give enough examples for change the lights.
But, can u help-me whit one more ?

The C-130J starts fine (null = [this] execVM "redlight.sqf"; our this setVariable["interiorlight",true];). The C-130J is a AI plane, and i really want to change to Green Light on a trigger our WP. How can i do that ?

I try, whit no sucess.

vehcallname = (thisList select 0) call IL_fnc_inList;
vehiclelights = + ((IL_Config select vehcallname) select 2);
vehiclelights2 = vehiclelights select 0;
vehiclelights2 set [1,IL_c_green];
if (count vehiclelights > 1) then {vehiclelights3 = vehiclelights select 1; vehiclelights3 set [1,IL_c_green]; vehiclelights set [1,vehiclelights3];};
vehiclelights set [0,vehiclelights2];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_timestamp",time,true];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_Override",vehiclelights ,true];

Never mind, now i see: 130 is the SAAB version, not the RHS one. Sorry for asking so stupid question. lol.

Edited by m4rk3tin6

Did anybody found a solution to flickering lights by RHS C130?

Do you mean as the plane is moving? (when stationary it is fine right?)

This is due to the arma engine and cannot be fixed until BI does. Sorry.

Script looks awesome, having a little trouble integrating it though. It seems SO very straight forward, I must just be missing a very obvious step being that I am a bit of script noob.

So I...

- Downloaded from armaholic

- Upacked intlight.sqf into mission folder

- Added line into helicopter's int

When I test the mission, I get a small message in the lower left corner "initializing intlights" + "initialized intlights" -paraphrasing not sure the exact read out of the message-- but it appears as though it's recognizing and running the script just fine-- just no lights. No matter what. Thought I was maybe missing the scroll wheel on/off thing, but that's not even optional. 

Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

If it's any help:

map - Tanoa

helicopter - CH47 (BI/ACE)

ACE3 running... 

I've tried on a blank slate Tanoa with 3 different helicopters (BI and user-made) in all varieties of darkness with the same results. Looks as though the script is firing, but zero interior light in anything. Any help is much appreciated.

The numbering scheme for this script is a bit confusing, but I believe the code goes into the init.sqf file only:

Usage FOR V1.5+
init.sqf:

null = [] execVM "IntLight.sqf";

I should have mentioned that I had tried that as well. Gave it another go just now with the same results...darkness. 

The message that pops up reads- 

"Interior Lighting: Loading"

"Interior Lighting: Initialized"

Which is what leads me to believe that it's working in both cases, but that I'm just overlooking something...a conflicting mod, a setting...I'm stumped. 

Ok so there is your problem, I have not provided the code for that aircraft. What you can do is do it yourself because I don't have it. It's pretty simple. First you will need to find the classname of the aircraft. Next enter the script and find IL_Config. You will find a large array that is filled with multiple aircraft classnames. You will need to copy and then replace the classname of the aircraft and then finally you will need to figure out the position to add/replace.

Ok so there is your problem, I have not provided the code for that aircraft. What you can do is do it yourself because I don't have it. It's pretty simple. First you will need to find the classname of the aircraft. Next enter the script and find IL_Config. You will find a large array that is filled with multiple aircraft classnames. You will need to copy and then replace the classname of the aircraft and then finally you will need to figure out the position to add/replace.

Ah! I had thought so, I will give this a shot in a few and let you know how it goes... Thanks for the speedy responses and troubleshooting!

That did the trick! I copy/pasted the line from the RHS Chinooks and replaced the classname. Bingo. Thank you very much, sir. Might do some minor tweaking in the future to adjust the lighting, but for now it works and I am very happy with it.

On 8/6/2014 at 1:20 AM, Lala14 said:

Name the chopper something if you intend for more than 1 vehicle in the trigger

then use

vehcallname = (thisList select 0) call IL_fnc_inList;
vehiclelights = + ((IL_Config select vehcallname) select 2);
vehiclelights2 = vehiclelights select 0;
vehiclelights2 set [1,IL_c_green];
if (count vehiclelights > 1) then {vehiclelights3 = vehiclelights select 1; vehiclelights3 set [1,IL_c_green]; vehiclelights set [1,vehiclelights3];};
vehiclelights set [0,vehiclelights2];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_timestamp",time,true];
(thisList select 0) setVariable ["IL_Override",vehiclelights ,true];

(thisList select 0) to vehicleName

hope this helps

also by doing this I found a bug, YAY. already fixed it though

Hello.  Thanks for this!

I am trying to use your script for changing from red to green on a trigger, but I'm putting it in a simple sqf file after a sleep command.  I have a single heli named UH80 that has the red light on by default.

I can't get this script top change the color ... I'm not sure where and how to modify it for the vehicle name based on, "(thisList select 0) to vehicleName".  I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Thanks!

-Doc

That was intended to go into the a trigger with the on activation part of the trigger. However, it can be changed a bit to work better so that if there are multiple vehicles it will work without needing to name each one (if they are all entering the same trigger).

Hello,

I don't know you still check this threads but, I'll give a go.

So I recently found out this great scripts of yours, looks amazing and was going to apply on my server.

It seems like scripts somehow trigger crash player's network. All the helicopter pilots got kicked out after min or so. I have no clue at all why this is happening.

Have anyone report similar issue to you?

Thanks in advance!