warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Marital Aids? Is that what they call collimated sights on a HUD, now?

Will the Chinook be able to be boarded via a ladder system, akin to pictured?

http://i.imgur.com/UESTuWw.jpg (528 kB)

Yes we will incorporate some kind of feature regarding this, probably use it with the blackhawks too. We'll see :)

Cannot wait! :cool:

Question: will be a final release of it or it will be a alpha/beta of them? However when I see this mod, it makes me cry thinking about the old but AWESOME 160th SOAR mod from BAS in OPF. Really hope that will be another great addons like the other.

However: will u release/planned somethingh like BAS HH-60 pavehawk? I mean, somethingh like the Yurapetrov SH-60 Seahawks for the US navy? I'm sorry If ask again thinghs that was already asked. Have anice time to all!

well I never think anything is really "final" release, esp with aircraft. Something always needs tweaking (haha can you tell who the picky guy is here). I loved BAS back in OFP, and I hope the community enjoys these helos just as much. Theres some cool helo addons out already, but it has always seemed to me that the jets get the "HQ" model/tex/feature love. Why not helos too? So when we release, V1 will have passed extensive inhouse tests by us, and will be completely playable ingame. However, we will move onto the MH47G development. The littlebirds are already under great development alongside the hawks right now, thanks to abates. We will be able to release V1 of the littlebirds much earlier than originally planned.

I really won't go into the other birds we have discussed yet (outside of SOAR), but I will say that we will have all the components for Pavehawks and seahawks. So it's simply new texs and model additions, weapons, etc (wink wink)

We will not release anything to you guys that isn't playable and beautiful ingame, and will work hard to fix any issues that may come up after release. For me personally this MOD is top priority, as I think the community deserves HQ helos with loads of cool features/eyecandy

Hi WarLord. Thanks for your clarification. I'm sure that if all person that release mod, think as you do, ArmA will have only nice addons. Good Job guys, I don't see the moment when I will press "engine on" on your MH60L :459:

Awesome. No words about. Tonight I'm gonna dream my fastrope from MH60L :yay: !!!!

Hope not fall from rope like other mods :cool:

However u use an "internal" fastrope script or 3rd part scrpit?

Undecided, we want to make as much internal as possible, but we will see. All birds will include fastrope though, hawks, littlebirds, and mh47g

Well AGM fastrope is quite good, would be nice if people could pick what they want via optional pbo

Well AGM fastrope is quite good, would be nice if people could pick what they want via optional pbo

A similar question has already been answered.

From the looks of it, the airframes will be in separate .pbos but nothing else.

My advice to the developers of this mod is to maybe release an AGM fastrope compatibility .pbo after release.

That way you have a reduced workload and something on the side.

Or, better yet, integrate. That way there'll be a lot less compatibility problems with other mods like CSE et al.

However seems that AGM fastrope have a kind of conflict with other mods if I understand well (if not I'm already asking sorry). Indeed I have a problem that my soldier fall from rope after few second he's on it. Hope however they (AGM) will fix it and make compatible with the other mod so u can use it :) However nice nice work with 160 th SOAR project. Another question to the creator. Will u use a custom set of pilot/crew/member?

However seems that AGM fastrope have a kind of conflict with other mods if I understand well (if not I'm already asking sorry). Indeed I have a problem that my soldier fall from rope after few second he's on it. Hope however they (AGM) will fix it and make compatible with the other mod so u can use it

I think the major problem is that making a .pbo or configuring the airframes to be compatible with AGM fastrope would make this specific mod incompatible with the great other majority and narrow down the choices.

However seems that AGM fastrope have a kind of conflict with other mods if I understand well (if not I'm already asking sorry). Indeed I have a problem that my soldier fall from rope after few second he's on it. Hope however they (AGM) will fix it and make compatible with the other mod so u can use it :) However nice nice work with 160 th SOAR project. Another question to the creator. Will u use a custom set of pilot/crew/member?

Absolutely. Will include full SOAR Pilot/Crew Gear (helmets, vests, flight suits, etc), in an assortment of camo options. Also will have HQ ANVIS NVGs as well. Gear will be handmade from scratch (no reskins allowed ;))

And, because I'm well aware there are many Non-US guys out there planning to use these helos. All helos and gear will have a separate version WITHOUT USA markings of any kind. And after full release and time frees up a bit, clans or any community members can submit custom marking/camo requests to us. I'll do my best to make it happen for private use

Absolutely. Will include full SOAR Pilot/Crew Gear (helmets, vests, flight suits, etc), in an assortment of camo options. Also will have HQ ANVIS NVGs as well. Gear will be handmade from scratch (no reskins allowed ;))

And, because I'm well aware there are many Non-US guys out there planning to use these helos. All helos and gear will have a separate version WITHOUT USA markings of any kind. And after full release and time frees up a bit, clans or any community members can submit custom marking/camo requests to us. I'll do my best to make it happen for private use

U think of everythingh. Can u also have a solution for make the world a better place?? XD XD joking. Seriously an awesome work. However will be the possibility to see the pilot look like the movie Black Hawk Down instead the future/s**t of Arma 3 full cover helmet?

haha well give me all the world leaders in a pub, open bar, and watch my magic!! Helmet will be the HGU-56/P system. Will either have an animated Visor, or include the visor in the glasses slot (allowing a wide range of colored lenses to be included). Will also include the MFS (face mask) for crew members in several colors and different designs(graphics). Will also include the MBU 12/P Oxygen mask system just for fun, for all those high altitude MH47G SOAR pilots out there. NVGs will be ANVIS 6/9's with a custom FOV "view". Haven't decided on actual vests, but looking like right now it will be based off the Eagle Industries Aviation Assault Vest

Edited by WarLord554

Since adding AGM Fastropes only includes the following two lines of codes, you can be sure it will be incuded.

AGM_FastRoping = 1;
   AGM_FastRoping_Positions[] = {{0, 1, -1.9}, {0, -5, 0.5}};

Same will be valid for CSE when they reenable their Fastrope script.

Regard this as the basic feature, which will be sure there from the start. But since anything around ropes will play an important role in an SOF INFIL and EXFIL we really want to give more features.

Some brainstorming:

• Support multiple rope attachment points, which can be used seperatly
  • Need to attach the ropes before (including the rope coiled up on the model)
  • Beeing able to pull in ropes, if crew/passenger are still in the back

Will see what makes it in the first release.

haha well give me all the world leaders in a pub, open bar, and watch my magic!! Helmet will be the HGU-56/P system. Will either have an animated Visor, or include the visor in the glasses slot (allowing a wide range of colored lenses to be included). Will also include the MFS (face mask) for crew members in several colors and different designs(graphics). Will also include the MBU 12/P Oxygen mask system just for fun, for all those high altitude MH47G SOAR pilots out there. NVGs will be ANVIS 6/9's with a custom FOV "view". Haven't decided on actual vests, but looking like right now it will be based off the Eagle Industries Aviation Assault Vest

Nice nice nice :cool: ! However will be the mask removable? I mean, that maybe can be inserted in the "eyewear" slot to be removed if u don't want it (personally I hate it). Think it will be possible??

Haven't decided on actual vests, but looking like right now it will be based off the Eagle Industries Aviation Assault Vest

Woa, woa, woa; pump the brakes. Back up the bus.

Air Warrior bro.

http://reenactment-event.xooit.fr/t306-C-3-10-GSAB-UH-60-MEDEVAC-Crewman-Nov-2010.htm

Just a little note for above: the PRC-152 is a Flight-medic thing so he can communicate with the aircraft while grabbing the patient.

Also his jacket collar needs to be up and the flap wrapped around his neck.

http://www.defence.gov.au/media/download/2006/apr/20060406/20060328adf8143085_076.jpg

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/04/03/241634/original.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2488/3759627096_6b60c76ec6_o.jpg

ALSE Vest:

http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/mohawkALSE/media/3A.jpg.html?sort=3&o=198

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/mohawkALSE/3C.jpg~original

http://new.aerialmachineandtool.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/aerial%20images/PSGC/PSGC_MED.gif

Armor:

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g419/mohawkALSE/AWflex.jpg

Back side doesn't have anything on it.

If you're going to jump through hoops for the sake of awesomeness, jump through the right ones. ;)

As for the FOV for the ANVIS-6, 40 degrees.

Yeah thanks booce. We haven't gotten confirmation about actual gear. So many thanks for that heads up :)

@SFOD-D_SNAKEBITE

players will have a helmet with, and one without the mask