warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Dat LASS....

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Haha just wait, looks like we may have plans to incorporate the MLASS also ;) Stay tuned

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

;2772832']Why no ANVIS? :(

(never seen pilots/crew with 15s...)

Those 15s are WIP from the GPNVG Mod' date=' crew/pilots will utilize ANVIS nvgs in this mod, no worries

---------- Post added at 05:47 ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 ----------

No HGU-56/P's???

Crew/pilots will have all the goodies, with multiple options to choose from, even a couple straight out of our imagination ;)

---------- Post added at 05:51 ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 ----------

I just dont get it why you all stick to miniguns and not the M3M

It is a very powerful weapon, although not commonly seen on SOAR hawks. The USAF Pavehawks use it, but we may include it(along with several other goodies) on the mh47g ramp. We have been discussing giving you guys different door gunner options though the service menu, I'll need to discuss its limitations and possibilities with john spartan

It is a very powerful weapon, although not commonly seen on SOAR hawks. The USAF Pavehawks use it, but we may include it(along with several other goodies) on the mh47g ramp. We have been discussing giving you guys different door gunner options though the service menu, I'll need to discuss its limitations and possibilities with john spartan

That's a great idea. Sometimes one specific gun isn't always the answer. It can be helpful to have a section of aircraft equipped with mini-guns, followed by one equipped with .50s (GAU-whatever, depending on your service).

Nice work looking great, I wonder, what is the red lamp thing on top? I would assume its an emergency lamp but wouldnt they want that inside the heli :confused:

Nice work looking great, I wonder, what is the red lamp thing on top? I would assume its an emergency lamp but wouldnt they want that inside the heli :confused:

Negative bud it's the alq144 countermeasure device ;)

Argh! I'm not sure I can take the teasing anymore! My heart might explode from anticipation, WarLord554! :P

Haha, im glad ;)

We try to keep you updated as much as possible without being annoying

Haha, im glad ;)

We try to keep you updated as much as possible without being annoying

Yet, the suspense is killing me. Woe is me! :p

Sorry for that but warlord likes to keep changing everything all the time... so you know...

Negative bud it's the alq144 countermeasure device ;)

They still use 144s? I thought CMWS made them unnecessary? Maybe I'm thinking of ASPI

Yea it's listed in the m model upgrade suite, so it's still there. From what I've read they've even upgraded it to defeat threats better

Yea it's listed in the m model upgrade suite, so it's still there. From what I've read they've even upgraded it to defeat threats better

I've only seen two in my life. Both were in one of our shipping containers, seemingly forgotten... somehow. Those things are expensive as hell.

They still use 144s? I thought CMWS made them unnecessary? Maybe I'm thinking of ASPI

They're still used, but it greatly depends on the various threats in theater. Aircraft configuration also changes their effectivenes. Going into any more detail here is probably a bad idea.

They're still used, but it greatly depends on the various threats in theater. Aircraft configuration also changes their effectivenes. Going into any more detail here is probably a bad idea.

I've only seen them on Navy/USMC aircraft when they decide to hog my airfield. As far as I know, the Army doesn't use them anymore.

I've only seen them on Navy/USMC aircraft when they decide to hog my airfield. As far as I know, the Army doesn't use them anymore.

Not disagreeing, but again, because of aircraft configuration and the current threat. Honestly, I'm guessing the USMC still puts them on out of pure habit. The Navy still puts them on because they operate in a much lower threat environment (for the most part) and they still can be of some benefit.

Here's a (terrible) joke:

- Knock knock!

- Who's there?

- Mini.

- Mini who?

- Minigun. BRRRRRRRRT!

Onto a more serious note:

Now that Firing From Vehicles is out and so are its script commands like "personTurret" and the likes, will the Blackhawk sniper variant include such a thing or will it still be a turret-like SR-25.

We will see. The new feature seems promising, so you could just equip proper weapons for sniper air cover since we already plan.a version sitting in the cargo doors with "feet hanging". You could have a spotter/shooter combo using the fire from vehicles. We will test/develop the capabilities of the new feature on all aircraft, including the mh47g.

We continue to work hard on the birds, 60 Lima and Mike are almost.complete. Still working on the weapons systems models, and will post some pics when we advance development. For anyone new, the first page has current wip photos

Best Regards,

S.O.A.S.

Something that popped up in a recent conversation with an aircraft enthusiast friend:

Will a AH-6 with hellfires mounted on a rack be able to lock on to lasers/lock onto the target by itself?

In the same scenario, would a pilot be able to lock onto something with his hellfires by looking at it + pressing the lock-on key (similar to a Titan launcher except without actually facing the target dead-on. I'm imagining at least a 45 degree cone ahead of the helo)?

Probably after BI releases the Helicopter DLC. That is scheduled around Nov 4th. So id imagine expect it sometime after that.