warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

@Riverman23

There will be a variant with deployable zodiac.

5lyr2ZL.jpg

They will be compatible with the vanilla sling load system but keep in mind they can only sling so much (not to mention soar/usaf variants rarely slingload)

The MH47G chinook will be able to slingload alot more, including my socr boats that I'm working on

• Like 10

Been watching this thread since day 1. Great progress and detail. Can't wait for this beauty to hopefully come out soon. Great job warlord. I work with MH-60's and MH-6's on a daily in Yuma. if you need any help please message me.

• Like 3

@warlord554 sounds good bud, i'm liking what I've seen so far on here. Currently, my group uses the Boeing MH-47 standalone mod and the UH-60M 160th mod which both show no signs of ever being updated again. They work good enough for what we need but I'm excited to use this mod instead.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2018 at 6:05 PM, warlord554 said:

@Riverman23

There will be a variant with deployable zodiac.

5lyr2ZL.jpg

They will be compatible with the vanilla sling load system but keep in mind they can only sling so much (not to mention soar/usaf variants rarely slingload)

The MH47G chinook will be able to slingload alot more, including my socr boats that I'm working on

really want to see how that works out ! cant wait :D

• Like 1

Hey, came across this today - I thought that the door guns were locked forwards and always remote controlled by the pilot/copilot, seems like they can be crewed manually?
Kind of weird picture, since there isn't actually a gun on the mount from what I can tell - that being said, there's a crewmember sitting where it should be, and wing pylons. I wouldn't imagine that they'd have door gunners on an aircraft in which can't have them, so I would take a guess that they're just not running them for training reasons or something?
I'd love to have this in, as my group loves using miniguns - same kind of support from the overhead that you could get from something like an AC-130, except much less OP :D

On another note, take your time with this man - sure, we're all chomping at the bit to take these bad boys for a spin, but you can't rush perfection! Best of luck <3

tnTMmO8i5Q3cWkUJsO0Hhc0zlibKmiZ71rNnUsSk

Machineguns are usually only installed when you're going to shoot them, as they're sensitive items, rocket pods on the other-hand are usually left installed because you can't exactly rob a bank with one (Also there's some maintenence involved with installing things on pylons like that). And there will always be two crewchiefs on the aircraft, especially for training missions supporting ground units.

ATM states that required crew is 2 pilots. No crew chiefs are required unless the task they are performing is listed as requiring them in the ATM. Unit SOP can also dictate this.  Door guns are primarily only installed for combat operations or aerial gunnery training.  Same goes for the actual gun mounts.  Anyone who has ever put an m240 into one of those damn mounts can agree with me that doing it every time you fly for a few months gets old as hell.  That being said, I'm just here for the Chinooks mane:D

10 hours ago, Crew Dog Gamer said:

ATM states that required crew is 2 pilots. No crew chiefs are required unless the task they are performing is listed as requiring them in the ATM. Unit SOP can also dictate this.

Even for instrument flights, there's almost always at least one CE. There being only pilots is a rare exception, rather than the rule.

Also, two pilots is a -10 thing, not an ATM thing.:whistle:

• Like 1

understand that CE's fly a fair amount but the ATM does state that required crew is 2 pilots. Not like yall do shit back there anyways:D

Ok guys I know it's been a while. Facing a few issues currently. I think it's all config related.

Sounds are muffled

Door guns "break" all vanilla vehicle full auto modes

But, on a good note

Everything else is atleast good enough for alpha release

Just need config help if someone can help PM me

Alpha release will only contain MH60M 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Great news!  Think I can speak for many that we are very excited that you are able to move forward with your mod. 

• Like 3

Super exciting news, i sadly dont have any experience with configs, but i will search for someone who does. Will the MH-60's include the DAP?

On 1/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, warlord554 said:

Ok guys I know it's been a while. Facing a few issues currently. I think it's all config related.

Sounds are muffled

Door guns "break" all vanilla vehicle full auto modes

But, on a good note

Everything else is atleast good enough for alpha release

Just need config help if someone can help PM me

Alpha release will only contain MH60M 

Really excited Warlord thanks for the update. Love the attention to detail you have given this !

On 11/28/2018 at 6:34 PM, Crew Dog Gamer said:

understand that CE's fly a fair amount but the ATM does state that required crew is 2 pilots. Not like yall do shit back there anyways:D

How dare you besmirch the CrewChief!!! /s

Someone has to hand the pilots the pizza, or pump the APU handle..

3 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

How dare you besmirch the CrewChief!!! /s

Someone has to hand the pilots the pizza, or pump the APU handle..

wouldnt besmirch it if yall crewed on a real helicopter 😝

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2019 at 8:07 PM, typhoontiger said:

Will these support advanced flight model?

Yes. However, initial AFM will be basic. I will rely on feedback from you guys for tweaks.

I have gotten a million PMs so if you have offered your help then thank you. The helos are currently being worked on by several people right now so we should fix kinks soon

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crew Dog Gamer said:

wouldnt besmirch it if yall crewed on a real helicopter 😝

says the Ralph Cramden of the airways.😎

Great news Warlord!  Thank You for the update.