warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

From the aircraft I have seen on post, during training, and flying in and around my home airport, which is right next to Fort Campbell, they have been black. I have not seen any very dark green color. But there are multiple hangers full of many different aircraft with different configurations within the 160th. Access is very limited within the compound and I have only had the privilege to visit the training platoons area on post. Most of the training I have participated in were conducted at night so color appeared black, but the missions during the day I witnessed had black color aircraft.

Thanks

• Like 2

They're black.  Regular Blackhawks are dark green, but SOAR helos are all black.  Black that fades quickly to a patchwork of blacks and lighter blacks, but black nonetheless.

• Like 2

Yeah, I stand corrected, I found some old decal stuff for scale models, and they had them down as black too.

Yes the new MLASS pylon wings will be available on the DAP. Both (2) and (4) will be included. But be warned, the more pylons means more weaponry, and that means more weight which will result in slower flight and increased fuel consumption. So mission makers need to plan accordingly. 

• Like 15

51 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

Yes the new MLASS pylon wings will be available on the DAP. Both (2) and (4) will be included. But be warned, the more pylons means more weaponry, and that means more weight which will result in slower flight and increased fuel consumption. So mission makers need to plan accordingly. 

Except those of us who are too frightened to use the AFM...like me :D We can use all the weaponry we like!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

Except those of us who are too frightened to use the AFM...like me :D We can use all the weaponry we like!

AFM is life

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Haha hey don't feel bad. I don't use afm either. Now if I could just snap my fingers and make AI pilots better :evil:

• Like 8

Don't break my heart Warlord :) . In 7WEDS we are can't  flying without AFM at all so don't make us wait to long .

• Like 4

Not that far. Trying to get hawks wrapped up quickly :f:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@warlord554 You mentioned "Rope ladder compatibility". Which aircraft do you plan to have this on final release? Can't say I've seen that before. :shrug:

I would guess it'd be the Hawks since i've seen pics and videos of what look like rope ladders being used by personnel to climb from the water into an aircraft

examples:

Spoiler

6d485c26cbc9bf3071b88d15e35907cc.jpg

Spoiler

021107-O-9999G-001.JPG

1 hour ago, Hamakaze said:

I would guess it'd be the Hawks since i've seen pics and videos of what look like rope ladders being used by personnel to climb from the water into an aircraft

examples:

Reveal hidden contents

6d485c26cbc9bf3071b88d15e35907cc.jpg

Hide contents

021107-O-9999G-001.JPG

Why did you photoshop out the shark? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

None of that advanced stuff has been implemented. Right now been dealing with pop-up issues like the ffv seats recently won't raise their rifles. Either a recent update or mod conflicting. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

None of that advanced stuff has been implemented. Right now been dealing with pop-up issues like the ffv seats recently won't raise their rifles. Either a recent update or mod conflicting. 

Not sure if you have any dependencies for RHS mod. But it updated recently.. Maybe that is the reason?

Negative these helos have no dependencies aside from using your own various fastrope mods

• Like 1

Any idea what the size of the mod folder might be with just the blackhawk?

Ah man I should know this, I've packed it a million times. I wanna say 100-200mb somewhere in there I think. Don't quote me though, I'll look tonight after work and give you a verified answer

• Like 5