warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

The bigger cans are a bit bulky for a door gun. The only issue I'd wonder about is it clipping while rotating. I'll check it out

On 8/4/2017 at 8:31 AM, warlord554 said:

The bigger cans are a bit bulky for a door gun. The only issue I'd wonder about is it clipping while rotating. I'll check it out

You'll probably have issues with clipping if its an H60 with horizontal stores and an m240 door gun. ;)

On 8/5/2017 at 5:06 AM, b00ce said:

You'll probably have issues with clipping if its an H60 with horizontal stores and an m240 door gun. ;)

That's probably true. I'm only knowledgeable on 47's and for some reason I doubt the 60's have enough comfortable room for the big cans

11 hours ago, Crew Dog Gamer said:

That's probably true. I'm only knowledgeable on 47's and for some reason I doubt the 60's have enough comfortable room for the big cans

As long as its a "slick", and doesn't have ESSS wings, there are no restrictions of movement. There's actually a pintle stop that gets installed to prevent contact.

Thread cleaned up, all off topic posts removed. Now lets return to the threads topic. 

• Like 2

I cannot get the "gunner holding door gun" to work properly. It animates perfectly, but the gunnerview and aiming memory points do not match up. I've PM'd devs to no avail. So I'm gonna finish up and get the helo in alpha testing and continue with a release soon.

If anyone has ideas regarding the guns feel free to give me a shout. I will continue to work on it but for now just be standard gunner pose 

• Like 3

The idea of special gunner poses were always a bit of icing on the icing I think. Standard poses are more than fine!

7 hours ago, warlord554 said:

I cannot get the "gunner holding door gun" to work properly. It animates perfectly, but the gunnerview and aiming memory points do not match up. I've PM'd devs to no avail. So I'm gonna finish up and get the helo in alpha testing and continue with a release soon.

If anyone has ideas regarding the guns feel free to give me a shout. I will continue to work on it but for now just be standard gunner pose 

Try to ask about golding door gun RHS guys. Yesterday i downloaded RHS and they have it in chinook... maybe they will help you

• Like 1

Are we also seeing a wee sneak peak at SOCMOD 2 in these pics??

• Like 5

That is some new wip stuff. They all wearing the same except me in the pcu haha. But I snuck it in there. Will update that thread soon enough. 

You can see I have room for the 9th man so SOF hawks will carry 2 pilots, 2 gunners, 9 cargo. (This includes usaf pavehawk, and sof navy hawk) and standard 60m will carry 11 cargo (includes standard navy hawk)

• Like 11

It looks fantastic, i love it and cant wait operat with this great stuff. Btw it looks like some pistol holster are still untexturt. I know this is all still wip, but i so happy to see SOCMOD is not dead. And i hope we will see GNVP 18 they usefull to play with. 

Amazing work on those SOCMOD assets warlord. Loving the setup on those JPCs (except for those icky droplegs :P). The birds are lovely as well.

• Like 1

Testing has begun. Alpha release hopefully  this weekend. Depends on issues found. Keep in mind it will be limited to basic helo and functions. Still haven't implemented fastrope, custom mfd screens, cargo door animations, etc.

The Alpha will fly lol, have basic instruments, base afm, ffv, door guns, full rotor animations, basic flare countermeasures. 

• Like 29

8 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Alpha release hopefully  this weekend.

But I leave for college Friday.... Oh well, I am excited to see this!

20 hours ago, WinterSHG said:

sorry for t he off topic but from memory this was the 2nd gulf war back in 03?

Yes, It's pretty old footage. At the minimum <2008.

Original video is a lot longer too:

14 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Testing has begun. Alpha release hopefully  this weekend. Depends on issues found. Keep in mind it will be limited to basic helo and functions. Still haven't implemented fastrope, custom mfd screens, cargo door animations, etc.

The Alpha will fly lol, have basic instruments, base afm, ffv, door guns, full rotor animations, basic flare countermeasures. 

Expect complaints if it's not out at 00:05, Saturday New Zealand time :P

Are you doing your own fast roping? If not you could just include the points to duda's

or ACE

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/fastroping-framework.html

• Like 2

Both are already fully supported with custom rope memory points. These points will be listed in readme for players also if you guys have your own fastrope. The only downside is it doesn't hide my rope models on the bird, say I may remove them for now 

• Like 8

Can't wait to replace Medium Utility Helicopters with this once and for always.

• Like 3