warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

14 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

I think that ingame it would come down to personal preference... We see promotional / training footage of SF Units using it but it's unlikely we'll ever find out how often if at all it was used on operations.

Like I said, that style isn't commonly used. Fries or traditional fast roping is most common aside from land based insertion.

Getting into your AO is the easy part, it's getting out that you should worry about. 

:drinking:

• Like 6

21 hours ago, warden_1 said:

Totally different style of fast roping that is rarely done outside of training or display events. By far the coolest looking form though.

Yeah I know, I just really like showing people this video. Haha, not only are they deploying 6 at once, they are still moving. Just was an excuse to show it. :P

• Like 4

@Warlord
First of all thank you for your effort in making a great game a little bit greater!
Short question to you, will it be possible for the passengers to decide on which side of the helicopter they are going to exit?
For example while hovering at a hill or building so they can all leave the helicopter on the side where they don't fall to death.

@all
Is there such a mod published, which could make it possible for any vehicle?

10 hours ago, Giampy87 said:

@Warlord
First of all thank you for your effort in making a great game a little bit greater!
Short question to you, will it be possible for the passengers to decide on which side of the helicopter they are going to exit?
For example while hovering at a hill or building so they can all leave the helicopter on the side where they don't fall to death.

@all
Is there such a mod published, which could make it possible for any vehicle?

I know exactly what your wanting. However, by p3d lod design each side has it's own memory point for passengers entry/exit. I would have to limit all cargo entry/exit to a single side and I don't want to do that. 

There are a few workarounds

- if it's rough terrain they can simple fastrope down

- the helo could hover just about surface level and you could "helocast" out (which would require simple scripting)

My advice would be to make those type of insertions/extractions with the MH47G, allowing all cargo to exit or enter using the rear cargo ramp

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 0:36 AM, warden_1 said:

Totally different style of fast roping that is rarely done outside of training or display events. By far the coolest looking form though.

That method of insertion has definitely seen employment on operations by Canadian Forces members, cool has nothing to do with it, what is operationally viable depends on the context which the Canadian Forces dictates.

working on cockpit screens. Havent implemented the center screen map as of yet. It will require some scripting and needs to be performance tested. (also note the smaller PIP screen used to simulate terrain following radar)

DAP Gunner cockpit screens will be different

ZPUtv1w.png

• Like 17

Isn't the force trim button on the cyclic on the wrong side? It is operated with the thumb so it should be on the left side I think.

Will the indicators work just asking for the guys flying advanced

but overall look awsome

@kibyde

I may have buttons in the wrong places on the control sticks. I made them years ago haha. Small stuff like that can be fixed in the future

@Ghostworrior

Only limited indicators work atm. However, after V1 release that's a big priority getting all screen indicators fully operational. So yes they will, just not within initial release

• Like 6

Hey Warlord; Excellent work so far and I am patiently waiting for this :D 

However I do have a question with about the MH-47G's, Are we still possibly looking to get the MH47G SOC & SOC II with the MK47 GL ??? 

Not asking for any progress reports just a yes or no

If this was addressed in a earlier post I do apologize.

• Like 1

Absolutely. SOC II will have mk47 gl on ramp. SOC will be either .50cal or m240 on ramp 

• Like 4

Amazing !!

Thank you so much for the continued work and support to the ArmA Community. 

Mad Respect from Myself, Task Force 10 & Canada as a whole 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghostworrior said:

m3m please

the only reson why is

(Video)

it is just :icon_dj:

M3M (GAU-21) is not used by the 160th SOAR

On 10.06.2017 at 10:01 PM, warlord554 said:

As of right now the MH60M SOAR blackhawk holds 8 passengers, (4 of which are FFV seats), 2 door gunners, and pilot/co-pilot. Theres not much more room for more with the internal fuel tanks

@warlord554 Do you consider any MH60M version with additional 1 or 2 seats between FFV seats? (like in yurapetrov MH/BH)

I ask you, because typical Rangers squad consist 9 members and it could makes some problems with transporting for eg. rangers platoon (3 squads) to AO on COOP mission.

Regards!

4 minutes ago, Ghostworrior said:

don't we have some artistic freedom in that perspectiv?

I mean yeah, but i think this mod is more aimed at being realistic, but its up to Warlord to make that decision ofcourse!

41 minutes ago, [ACC] Maras said:

@warlord554 Do you consider any MH60M version with additional 1 or 2 seats between FFV seats? (like in yurapetrov MH/BH)

I ask you, because typical Rangers squad consist 9 members and it could makes some problems with transporting for eg. rangers platoon (3 squads) to AO on COOP mission.

Regards!

How does it make a problem? Eight passengers and two door gunners, that makes 10? Unless you want to have the door gunners to be from rotary wing detachment. I mean I dont see the point here :)

With this badass birds doorgunners will have enough fun on bord and normaly the doorgunners are from an rotary detachment

On 6/18/2017 at 3:44 AM, warlord554 said:

working on cockpit screens. Havent implemented the center screen map as of yet. It will require some scripting and needs to be performance tested. (also note the smaller PIP screen used to simulate terrain following radar)

DAP Gunner cockpit screens will be different

I would recommend putting the artificial horizon MFD page on the outboard MFD. Unless there's something wrong with the aircraft, the pilot opts to have it directly in-front of them to ease their scan. To the point that, while it isn't necessarily codified in any regulation or SOP (To my knowledge at least, after all I'm but a lowly crew-chief) Instructor Pilots will give their evaluees crap for it during a no-notice or annual check-ride. As for the contents of the screens themselves, I can't speak to it as I've never flown on an MH60M Good work, though I would guess it would be closer to the screen on the far left. I know Mando missiles had a working terrain radar, might be worth asking Mandoble how he did his. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CPT Miller said:

How does it make a problem? Eight passengers and two door gunners, that makes 10? Unless you want to have the door gunners to be from rotary wing detachment. I mean I dont see the point here :)

Probably i should write, that i can read and i know about door gunners seats... (wooow!) but for me is obvious, that common ranger operator will not seat on door gunner seat during the mission/extraction, because HE IS NOT PAYING FOR BEING DOOR GUNNER LOL!

That is my point and for me it harms climat, which is build by this awesome choppers from warlord. :eyeheart:

I think that is clear now... :f:

@Ghostworrior

The gau21 will be deployed on the usaf pavehawk pack. So stay tuned 

@b00ce

I have full permission from mando, so I will look into that thx

@[ACC] Maras

Spacing is tight, but I'm working on getting the 9th man onboard

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, warlord554 said:

The gau21 will be deployed on the usaf pavehawk pack. So stay tuned

Now i feel like a little kid before christmas...

Pedro 6-1 is heading into Arma 3!!! :D

And cheers for answer warlord!