warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Looks beautiful man, can't wait to fly these beasts

• Like 2

Splendid work! Can't wait to try fastrope out of these!

I was wondering if could be that the crew of heli be able to have minigun in their hands... Its looks weird when they are just sitting at their seats with hands on balls :D. Anyway good progress!

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Beautiful indeed.

Concerning the fastrope, is it the advanced rappelling mod, or your own?

• Like 1

@DonbassCZ

That is currently game engine limited. I have tested various workarounds with different anims but the entire gunner body moves with the gun, which looks even more crazy. I will most likely have to create all new animations that include hand IK data, which will come in future updates. Trust me i dont like it anymore than you do

@wiki

Currently testing standalone fastroping based off the public agm released source material. If anyone has ideas, or experience scripting they are more than welcome to speak up or PM me

Still some to do. The cockpit screens aren't glowing like they should at night, (but IS nv compatible) and are not animating like they should. Still need some rvmat tweaks for various things. gun muzzleflash's need tweaking. Currently adding the custom m134 sounds

• Like 6

6 hours ago, warlord554 said:

@DonbassCZ

That is currently game engine limited. I have tested various workarounds with different anims but the entire gunner body moves with the gun, which looks even more crazy. I will most likely have to create all new animations that include hand IK data, which will come in future updates. Trust me i dont like it anymore than you do

@wiki

Currently testing standalone fastroping based off the public agm released source material. If anyone has ideas, or experience scripting they are more than welcome to speak up or PM me

Still some to do. The cockpit screens aren't glowing like they should at night, (but IS nv compatible) and are not animating like they should. Still need some rvmat tweaks for various things. gun muzzleflash's need tweaking. Currently adding the custom m134 sounds

Are these going to be compatible with ACE fast roping?

@SSG Halverson

The config entries are already in. I need to place the memory points and they should be fully ace compatible

• Like 1

15 hours ago, warlord554 said:

RHS has those hand animations for some of their heli's i believe, and so does 3CB on their heli's, maybe you could talk to them and see how they did it.

• Like 1

@warlord554

Screenshots are looking great, good to see the continuing progress.

If you're looking for fast roping ideas, have you looked at Duda's Advanced Rappelling?  It's really rather good, we've been using it since he released it.  It'd be great if it was at least compatible, or the anchor point coordinates were made known so we could implement it manually?

• Like 3

@Foxone

I just tested the RHS uh60m, and hands were not on the gun. I don't think I have the 3CB mod, but I will look into it. Thanks for the input

@Capt Childs

I had no clue about this addon. I will contact the dev and def have a chat with him. Nice catch!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, warlord554 said:

@Foxone

I just tested the RHS uh60m, and hands were not on the gun. I don't think I have the 3CB mod, but I will look into it. Thanks for the input

@Capt Childs

I had no clue about this addon. I will contact the dev and def have a chat with him. Nice catch!!

The RHS CH-47F Gunner positions have hands on turret models. Maybe that will work?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warlord554 said:

@Capt Childs

That was the advanced rappeling mod I was alking about ;-)

• Like 2

had a look at the RHS ch47 gunner. It uses a standing animation, much like the gunner in a hmmwv. I MAY be able to limit the turn radius of the gun enough for it not to look funny, but it'd sorta make the gunner seats obsolete. so maybe gunner sits in his seat as cargo, then "mounts" the gun. We'll see how it works out

Something I've wanted to do from the start is give the soar hawks (and mh47) a workable terrain following radar, which is what makes them incredibly special aircraft. A "true" TFR would require heavy scripting, which I don't really want to do for performance reasons, so as a workaround I have given the pilot a smaller screen in cabin, which displays a forward facing thermal camera (PIP) which displays the terrain ahead of him under any lighting or weather conditions. This is to "simulate" the TFR and gives pilots the ability to navigate any terrain safely. The co-pilot ofcourse still has his flir. The "Mike's" have also gotten every sensor upgrade from basicdefines_a3 i could give them which should work nicely with the newer sensor upgrades from jets dlc.

Pilots also get the helmet mounted display upgrade from the jets 

As of right now the MH60M SOAR blackhawk holds 8 passengers, (4 of which are FFV seats), 2 door gunners, and pilot/co-pilot. Theres not much more room for more with the internal fuel tanks

• Like 12

I honestly don't think Advanced Repelling would be good. It looks goofy to see multiple people on multiple ropes in my opinion. Not discrediting Duda for his work in anyways shape or form. If there was a way to get ACE3's repelling (Anims) into the helo, it'd be great. Or straight up have no repelling but make it ACE and Advanced Repelling compatible so you leave it up to the player to decide what to use. Excellent work anyways Warlord!

• Like 4

I prefer Duda's work, but agree with Wolfy. Leave it up to the player and just make compatible.

• Like 1

they are already ace compatible, and I will provide the fastrope point names from the model in the readme, so players can use them for duda's at their own discretion. I've got some help currently working on the fastrope scripting, so we will see how it works out. Regardless it will be a seperate pbo, allowing players to either include "SOAS FastRope", or not include it and use their own. I think that makes everyone happy

Also need to make provisions for the usaf air refuel compatability

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Wolfy1129 said:

I honestly don't think Advanced Repelling would be good. It looks goofy to see multiple people on multiple ropes in my opinion. Not discrediting Duda for his work in anyways shape or form. If there was a way to get ACE3's repelling (Anims) into the helo, it'd be great. Or straight up have no repelling but make it ACE and Advanced Repelling compatible so you leave it up to the player to decide what to use. Excellent work anyways Warlord!

[url=http://www.blackfive.net/.a/6a00d8341bfadb53ef019b0201d846970c-pi] The hawk can support up to 4 rappel ropes at a time via 4 rings installed on the ceiling [/url]. You're thinking of FRIES (fast rope insertion/extraction system) which is a giant bar everyone hits their heads on constantly.

Either way is "authentic" as the BI devs would say. Though I think taskforce would be more likely to use FRIES bars over rappel rings. Much easier to set up and faster to implement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wolfy1129 said:

I honestly don't think Advanced Repelling would be good. It looks goofy to see multiple people on multiple ropes in my opinion.

I guess JTF2/CANSOFCOM didn't get the memo

• Like 6

On 6/11/2017 at 3:39 PM, Wolfy1129 said:

There is a way to set the amount of ropes that are deployed in his mod.  It's in the first post of his thread.  Haven't tried it since it looks a little complicated, but if you understand scripting it should be a breeze

What's the idea behind the "Fully interactive cockpits on ALL aircraft"? 

Is it the advanced system similar to AH-64D Longbow by N&F or a basic interactive system?

22 hours ago, LeClair said:

I guess JTF2/CANSOFCOM didn't get the memo

Totally different style of fast roping that is rarely done outside of training or display events. By far the coolest looking form though.

4 hours ago, warden_1 said:

Totally different style of fast roping that is rarely done outside of training or display events. By far the coolest looking form though.

I think that ingame it would come down to personal preference... We see promotional / training footage of SF Units using it but it's unlikely we'll ever find out how often if at all it was used on operations.

• Like 1

FRIES is used on operations (for ussocom atleast) which is 1 roper per side, same with melb, and two out the back on the 47g

• Like 3