warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

I remember when this first got posted and I was hyped back then now I don't have words

Birds are being worked on every opportunity. No one wants you guys to get ahold of them in game more than me. So please be patient. I work, have a wife and three children and still make time to bring you free content. Everyone else on this thread wants them as much  (if not more) as you do

• Like 23

19 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Birds are being worked on every opportunity. No one wants you guys to get ahold of them in game more than me. So please be patient. I work, have a wife and three children and still make time to bring you free content. Everyone else on this thread wants them as much  (if not more) as you do

Amen man amen!

After all of this "flout & insult" I'm really interested when ArmA 4 will arrive and what will look like. Hope in a better grapich engine, cause this one is over. Sorry for the off-topic. Anyway, u guys of the SOAR team are doing and outstanding work. No matter if it arrive with ArmA 4, in that case, your addon will be a good reason to not uninstall the ArmA 3 :eyeheart:

• Like 5

23 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Three children? Think of all the extra manpower ;D

• Like 7

Haha If I could ever get them off minecraft!

• Like 6

random DAP images. Testing various placement/fitment of weapons and cockpit. still WIP..

h2QmcvT.png

OqPbzWM.png

g95MwlX.png

MZD8PhI.png

• Like 39

As always they look beautiful and I am sure we all look forward in flying them ourselves!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, warlord554 said:

random DAP images. Testing various placement/fitment of weapons and cockpit. still WIP..

Awesome! First new cockpit shot :D All those MFD updates in the jet dlc must offer some exciting possibilities functionality wise. 

Are the windows on the sliding doors final? Their edges look too sharp atm, should be more rounded.

One of many poly sacrifices was the cargo doors. I'll probably remodel them when I redo the nose but it's sufficient right now until after full release. I've tried to push the limits while allowing low end gamers the same enjoyable experience 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, warlord554 said:

One of many poly sacrifices was the cargo doors. I'll probably remodel them when I redo the nose but it's sufficient right now until after full release. I've tried to push the limits while allowing low end gamers the same enjoyable experience 

No worries and as a antiquated pc user I appreciate the effort and your commitment to getting it out asap. Just brought it up because in the previous shots the glass was an obvious wip (not positioned correctly) so I wondered if it was final.

If anyone has arma helicopter experience and would like to help out I need a full config. Also anyone good at scripting will need help with some things. Feel free to PM me if interested

• Like 1

I have worked some with ours, Still alot of learning where I go.  Can try to help out where I can

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature_zps1f2nyukx.png

Progress has been slow. Working alot. Everyone that has offered to help has taken the model and not heard from again. Go figure. But I'm off work all next week so I'm hoping to atleast get an alpha release out

• Like 19

1 hour ago, warlord554 said:

Progress has been slow. Working alot. Everyone that has offered to help has taken the model and not heard from again. Go figure. But I'm off work all next week so I'm hoping to atleast get an alpha release out

Wow. The nerve of some people!

I honestly thought about offering to assist after seeing your previous posts, as I have some config experience with helicopters in particular, but I've never made anything from the ground up, so I would probably be more hindrance than help. I hope you give yourself some time to relax though, no need to burn yourself out. Many of us here have waited for these birds for a while, but I'm sure we have the patience to wait a bit longer.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Perhaps speak to the guys over in CUP or RHS both have choppers in A3. The CUP guys built the own little bird from scratch so will know how. 

• Like 8

if you have a issue with particular aspects msg me and i'll see what i can do. i find it quite sad that people just disapeared with the model im always here if you need me.

• Like 3

making very good progress thanks to some help, stay tuned..... (passengers are RHS)

BQml0hy.png

J6kQwFt.png

OfQ6TPR.png

y5UbEWl.png

ya6qAcQ.png

AaKLSJh.png

ndVWs4Q.png

rbyf3So.png

• Like 23

Looks sharp! Glad you got some help. Would've offered, but like someone else noted, my skill set would be more of a burden than a help :)

Out-freaking-standing work warlord. Some nice wallpaper material there. 

• Like 2