warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

48 minutes ago, wiki said:

This is the MH-60K version, right?

These last couple of screenshots appear to be the MH-60M. As far as my Google Fu has gotten me, it looks like the Mike model has the upturned exhaust system and a larger, modernized FLIR pod (the older FLIR pods seem to be smaller and shaped like a rounded cylinder, while the newer ones are wider with an arch-like shape). The newest Mike model DAP variants also seems to have newly installed (ca. 2015) sensors or optics underneath the windscreen, supposedly to aim-lock its miniguns.

• Like 2

Pictures I just posted are of the MH60M. It does not have the Mike IR side sensors in those pics though. The Lima cockpit is not finished yet, but everything else for the 60L is finished. Ofcourse users will be able to switch between various external setups through the service menu, switching between IR suppressor/Upturned Exhaust for example. 

@Gilatar

The sensors under the Mike DAP windshield are IR lasers (fixed) used by gunner at night to aim the fixed position M134D door guns. Will experiment with them ingame and hopefully add those exact lasers

• Like 5

Looks beautiful! Do you plan on having the characters sit on the door with the legs hanging out?

2 hours ago, Gabriel.13 said:

Looks beautiful! Do you plan on having the characters sit on the door with the legs hanging out?

Yes there will be two versions.

One will have feet hanging seating with FFV, cargo doors permanently open

The other will have strictly "in cabin seating" with closable cargo doors

Both will be Fast rope capable

• Like 8

On 1/20/2017 at 6:10 PM, warlord554 said:

well brand new models redone from ground up. Still polishing tex maps so no peaking yet ;) 

but i have some quick game ready renders to share..... I went ahead and included sneak peaks at the one of several USAF HH60W, USN MH60S, and US Army UH60M. Still tweaking the stealth, and several pieces are missing from the renders so there are some gaps but thought id share with you guys..... Also need to get the cockpits and such finalized. Won't take much more for a V1 release, need to finish animations, get configs in order, etc

USN MH60S

http://imgur.com/x0EE9ow

http://imgur.com/Ptp5p2i

http://imgur.com/xtW4Q78

I know you're still working models, but for when it's helpful...  the Sierra doesn't have the HF (or is it a VHF) antennae on the tail like the legacy Army birds do.  It also has a smooth dish SATCOM/GPS antennae up top (which I'm sure you know).  Lastly, it's desperately seeking a useful mission...but I'm guessing you can't fix that in Amra (joke).

• Like 1

haha 

yes the antenna and such was left over on the model from different variant renders. They are all in desperate need of missions ;)

• Like 2

On 2/25/2017 at 3:18 PM, Gilatar said:

These last couple of screenshots appear to be the MH-60M. As far as my Google Fu has gotten me, it looks like the Mike model has the upturned exhaust system and a larger, modernized FLIR pod (the older FLIR pods seem to be smaller and shaped like a rounded cylinder, while the newer ones are wider with an arch-like shape). The newest Mike model DAP variants also seems to have newly installed (ca. 2015) sensors or optics underneath the windscreen, supposedly to aim-lock its miniguns.

The MH-60M doesn't necessarily have the UES.  A number of the birds based in Yakima don't have them.  The only surefire way to tell is to look at the nose, although that's really only an issue in games nowadays, as the SOAR has transitioned to a pure MH-60M fleet now, having retired all of their MH-60Ls and MH-60Ks.  

The other antenna sets change so frequently that they're not very good means of version identification.  Even the IZLIDS they use to aim the miniguns seem to change positions.  I've seen some pictures with them mounted on the nose, with others having them mounted to the optics rails on the miniguns themselves.  

• Like 1

Well. It's a MH-60M. Ether a new Mike or a converted Lima. Kilo's were not upgraded, so they would still have the old FLIR Pod. If it would be a Lima, Warlord would put stuff on there, which would fit the time era. Since Lima and Kilo's are only in the Package if there is a need for a "older" scenario.

• Like 4

Those tanks were rarely if ever used because they obstructed the gunners' fields of fire.

4 hours ago, shomu1 said:

Those tanks were rarely if ever used because they obstructed the gunners' fields of fire.

Wasn't aware of that, however it kind of makes sense now that you mention it. Still, aesthetically it does look good (for me anyway..) 

negative the fuel tanks I mentioned sit in the cabin against the back wall. however those pylon tanks will be available through service menu if you want to rock them 

• Like 7

The internal auxiliary tanks are called Robbie tanks, made by Robertson Fuel Systems. The 160th was the only unit to use the style of ESSS wings from the picture above. They were designed to avoid being in the way of the door gunner. I believe some of the foreign customers of Sikorsky got them as well, such as Japan.

• Like 2

What's funny is that the Japanese use the upswept ESSS wings more than the SOAR ever did.

21 hours ago, warlord554 said:

negative the fuel tanks I mentioned sit in the cabin against the back wall. however those pylon tanks will be available through service menu if you want to rock them 

That's good enough for me!

Will the birds feature interior lighting like on the RHS vehicles?

• Like 2

Once again, I am super excited about this mod. So many great features for these birds that have yet to be fully accomplished to this detail by other existing mods. While I know the priority is to get the rotary based birds used by the 160th released, will future packs contain the fixed winged assets used by the 160th SOAR (e.g. CASA-212, C-27J Spartan, C-12C/King Air 200)? There is not yet a smaller/medium sized tactical military transport fixed wing with STOL capabilities which is also suitable for HALO operations and transport duties. Most birds are USAF based and are often much larger limiting the ability of use for many existing airports / or use on naval vessels. Also is there an intent to add the Grey Eagle Company assets (MQ-1C)?

Once again, amazing work. I know for many of us out there this will be such a immersion raising mod that will take the game to the next level.  Bounty paper towels appreciates all of the extra rolls I am having to buy due to the frequent drool I am mopping up each time I see the thread has updated. 

• Like 2

Can't wait to do these types of missions when the Hawks come out!!

Keep up the great work!!!

• Like 4

having an animation issue with the rotor blades deforming upon rotoation, only real issue keeping these ladies from having passengers ingame. but working on it. Glass is out of place in these renders, and FLIR isn't placed correctly either

Fqn6VWp.png

iEoqvc3.png

txlI4kR.png

DV1KvK5.png

nDixXjO.png

• Like 24

9 hours ago, warlord554 said:

-sexiness-

Looks fantastic! I'm guessing you're still working on the front and top (judging by the lack of rivets)?

aJaCkiG.jpg

• Like 1

yeah I plan to rework the nose uv map but I'll do that later. right now want to focus on an alpha release

• Like 5