warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Just curious, will the wheels on all of the birds roll?

Depends if you use AFM or not...

• Like 3

Do plan on having hellfire variants such as the M/N/K, and different rocket munitions like the M151, M261, etc?

Also, will you (or will you allow) for ACE3 fragmentation to be implemented?

Keep up the good work guys :)

Do plan on having hellfire variants such as the M/N/K, and different rocket munitions like the M151, M261, etc?

Also, will you (or will you allow) for ACE3 fragmentation to be implemented?

Keep up the good work guys :)

We definitly start with he AGM-114K. Depending on available time after release, we will see if it's worth putting in the time for the effects of the M/N types.

I would love to have different ammunition for the Rocket pod (btw, the M261 is actually the 19rd rocket pod... but I guess you mean M161 :) )

My favorite would be the tungsten darts... ;-)

another random question where did you get that sick heli helmet face mask gruman?

Simple 5min reskin of the inaccurate Helicopter Helmets of Arma 3? ;-)

• Like 2

Accordibg to the ever-trustworthy internet, the M261 is both the 19- shot tube and the Multipurpose Submunition Warhead... weird they'd name them the same. http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/hydra-70.htm

But regardless, awesome! The M/N really revolve around fragmentation (or the lack thereof for the -N), so it makes sense they wouldn't be in the base mod. Them tungsten darts would be great too, being able to take out baddies in a house without leveling the block :D

I wonder if you could specifically load rockets in the tubes via a service menu - I know the FZA AH-64D can do that but it seems they use some strange black magic to accomplish that.

Thanks for the reply though, we're all really looking forward to dispensing freedom in these bad boys!

In correct Scotty, it said the URL was incomplete and sent me back to the home page. 

~S

Corrected: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21722

Not really difficult. You just need GIMP/Photoshop, extract the textures out of the Arma directory (or use the once above as a template). Than create the replacement config (as described 100x times on this forum and then you have it in 5 min.

How to use GIMP/Photoshop is something that you can simply learn with Youtube (just might take more than 5 min ;-) ).

• Like 1

I've got a file right now I just need to figure out how the configuring works to get it in game.

There is a mod on the workshop that adds about 10 different heli pilot helmets with the same style design as the one you wanted-skulls,smiley faces etc etc-I will PM you a link to it.

Not that i want to stop you learning to mod-but you may like this anyway :)

There is an estimated date for release ?

Asking for release times is against forum rules.

There is an estimated date for release ?

Shit only 2 posts in and already asking for release date. They work quick 

• Like 3

Oh man, I seriously can't wait for this to happen! Ever since I was 10 and watched Black Hawk Down for the first time, 160th SOAR has been my first and favorite SOF. When I got to Arma and was in A2: OA with a  unit, we used Yura's UH60 pack and I was in awe. Now this may be on it's way in Arma 3?! Fantastic! :D Keep up the most excellent work gents and thank you for all that you do for this community! 

• Like 4

Seriously waiting for a release for this one. We currently use other mods that we know are of a lesser quality. Will be great to have a high quality H-60 pack.

• Like 4

Shit only 2 posts in and already asking for release date. They work quick

Hardly......how about 2 and a half years?

• Like 1

Seriously waiting for a release for this one. We currently use other mods that we know are of a lesser quality. Will be great to have a high quality H-60 pack.

yeah, the fact that this is created from scratch has me very excited.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to the DAP variants, as I think there's a gap of medium attack helos in Arma - AH64's tend to be too much, and AH-6's tend to be too little.
Plus, I'm excited to have door gunners with this as well, do a CAS run with your door gunners suppressing threats :) it seems like there will be a nice crew dynamic with these...

• Like 3

initial ingame tests. still alot of work to be done, especially to materials, spec maps. but coming along finally

arma3%202016-11-03%2014-19-55-01_zpsdmdo

arma3%202016-11-03%2014-21-25-48_zpsv3bl

arma3%202016-11-03%2014-15-23-60_zpsqxhv

arma3%202016-11-03%2014-15-15-37_zpsmyof

arma3%202016-11-03%2014-15-32-12_zpssyhl

• Like 26

Looking amazing!! Keep it up!!!!

• Like 1

1lmh

BTW, will it be compatible with the Advanced Rappelling mod?

• Like 1

@wiki- everything I've ever tried is, I'm pretty sure Advanced Rappelling auto-applies itself upon entering a helicopter. 

• Like 1