warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Yayyy :D I'm tearing my guts out not asking for an ETA... don't worry, I won't...

I won't ask for an ETA either.....but can we maybe have some new teaser pics when you get a free sec?  :lol:

~S

• Like 1

well you get lucky. Just finished resizing the Lima. A tad bit bigger than the A2 hawk, but shouldn't be noticable by players. I just so happened to snap a few pics testing the size....... ;)

mh60l%206_zpsn1vsh6vl.png

mh60l%205_zpsgqwya3uq.png

mh60l%204_zpsxeigpuix.png

mh60l%202_zpsahjajriy.png

mh60l%203_zpstz8r9jn3.png

mh60l%201_zpsp5tbk5hb.png

• Like 26

My gal just walked in and told me to get my hand off of my mouse......busted lol   :P

Nice pics!!

~S

• Like 2

Yayyy :D I'm tearing my guts out not asking for an ETA... don't worry, I won't...

Got my eye on you ... ;)

• Like 10

Ooh baby, can't wait to be blasting freedom down on the unenlightened from one of these :)

Very nice!!!

BTW, as duda released his advanced rappeling mod, will your bird and his mod be compatible?

Thanks

• Like 1

Awesome !!!!!!! Awesome !!!!!!! Awesome !!!!!!! Awesome !!!!!!!

• Like 1

well you get lucky. Just finished resizing the Lima. A tad bit bigger than the A2 hawk, but shouldn't be noticable by players. I just so happened to snap a few pics testing the size....... ;)

Warlord, I may be misunderstanding what I'm seeing in the pics, but it looks like the trim tabs are on the leading edge of the main rotor blades when they should be on the trailing edge.  Might be too late if the model is built, but figured I'd put it out there.  Otherwise, looking forward to these being released.

Warlord, I may be misunderstanding what I'm seeing in the pics, but it looks like the trim tabs are on the leading edge of the main rotor blades when they should be on the trailing edge.  Might be too late if the model is built, but figured I'd put it out there.  Otherwise, looking forward to these being released.

Yeah you're right, looks like the trim tabs are on the leading edge.

@warlord554: happy to see him again, I cannot wait to see the launch this awesome mod, my desire is fly on a green Tanoa with these birds.. B). 

• Like 3

It is true that Warlord is not as active as he was before. Raising kids and other real life responsibilities consumes all of his free time :).

The Project is still going, just way slower than we'd like.

Highly possible that the first released version will still be based on an A2 Port with many MH-60M attachments from the original model.

Best regards

I thought the screenshots warlord posted were all from the brand new model? 

• Like 1

I thought the screenshots warlord posted were all from the brand new model? 

I think he was saying that because WarLord is the only person who has the model, and there would be no way for the other team members to get it. But seeing as WarLord is back, I don't think the first release will be an Arma 2 port. That's what I THINK.

• Like 1

Correct, the A2 port would have been an temporary solution until Warlord returns.

Welcome back, Boss

Best regards Gruman / swissMAG

• Like 2

Well this just made my day. Number one mod that i have been tracking since it was announced. Looking forward to seeing these in game !

• Like 2

we actually have discussed several cool features regarding stuff like that. maybe the gunners can stand at the gunner door with limited lean/look capabilities and then have the option to "mount" the door gun. one of many features we will experiment with after initial release

• Like 9

we actually have discussed several cool features regarding stuff like that. maybe the gunners can stand at the gunner door with limited lean/look capabilities and then have the option to "mount" the door gun. one of many features we will experiment with after initial release

You could try implementing full 6-DOF with key bindings for analog input and full input.

So forward\back, Left/Right, Yaw, pitch and role. This would allow full movement and leaning for the crew around the weapons.

Obviously this would give favor to IR tracking users but you could have a separate view point that the crew could switch to that would look down, similar to ACE2's loadmaster (Pressing W switched view to looking down and out of the aircraft). You could also enable grenade throwing while in this view for loadmasters to throw smoke and chemlights too.

here's a demo from the alpha of 6DOF:

I believe Feint's Head range plus was attempting to do this back in the beta.

• Like 2

You could try implementing full 6-DOF with key bindings for analog input and full input.

So forward\back, Left/Right, Yaw, pitch and role. This would allow full movement and leaning for the crew around the weapons.

Obviously this would give favor to IR tracking users but you could have a separate view point that the crew could switch to that would look down, similar to ACE2's loadmaster (Pressing W switched view to looking down and out of the aircraft). You could also enable grenade throwing while in this view for loadmasters to throw smoke and chemlights too.

here's a demo from the alpha of 6DOF:

I believe Feint's Head range plus was attempting to do this back in the beta.

And it still works, I use it to this day still. All he needs to do is update it with the new vehicle classes and jazz and it should work with the, well, newer vehicles. As for adding it for people without TrackIR, that would be quite good especially for those damn loadmaster positions. 

Another question is do you have the ability to increase the the crew gun traverse speeds? The speeds that the default helos and many addon helos have is too sluggish.

it's been so long since I've gotten to play I really can't comment on if vanilla speed is good or slow. What bothers me most in game regarding the m134's is the sound, which is why we've worked hard on our own custom gun and helo sounds

• Like 8