warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

10 of road runner's HK416's on screen caused that sort of frame drop, and a helicopter is a much more complex object. I would assume it would cause a similar issue, if not with one, eventually.   

Similar thing happens with RobertHammers M4's for the same reason I believe

10 of road runner's HK416's on screen caused that sort of frame drop, and a helicopter is a much more complex object. I would assume it would cause a similar issue, if not with one, eventually.   

believe me, i do understand precisely what LODs are for. That said, things doesn't scale liniarly up "because it is a more complex object". FPS problems appear when there is more than a single object present, and when it is further away, when the engine would switch it down from  LOD1 for you. (it matters a lot not only for the mesh, but textures as well -mipmapping). You still cannot compare x objects with a single y object. So the previous statement is still false.

• Like 2

Hey, this looks amazing! I have a question about the -60's m134's, more specifically the IR pointers...

How far will the beam go, and how visible will the spot be? IIRC arma 3's IR pointers only have ~200m visibility, which makes it hard to make sure your gunner is actually on target, especially if you're trying to direct him on target from the ground.

• Like 2

Awesome !!!!! Looking forward to see in arma..

:icon_dj:

• Like 2

How functional will the MFD's be? More along the lines of the MELB/default stuff, or crazy levels of interaction like nodunit/franze's apache?
I never touched the AH64 they made until recently, and all I can say is WOW. Minus bugs, things like the navigation system and map support on that bird are out of this world. Would love to see some of that stuff in other aircraft, because now i'm spoiled... :P

Anyways, I hope progress is going well :>

Seriously cannot wait for a proper ground up blackhawk mod for A3 instead of ports. My unit is patiently waiting to see this beauty :D

• Like 1

Seriously cannot wait for a proper ground up blackhawk mod for A3 instead of ports. My unit is patiently waiting to see this beauty :D

Lol, just keep waiting :D

• Like 1

Remember when they said the mod may release as early as February? Pepperridge Farm remembers.

Jk keep up the good work, looking forward to this mod as always :D

• Like 1

Remember when they said the mod may release as early as February? Pepperridge Farm remembers.

Yep :D

Really looking forward to this mod. I check at least twice a day for possible updates :p Quick question what are you useing for the fast roping part of your mod. Will it be in house or dependent on another mod? I will assume you are aware of https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192126-advanced-rappelling/if you was not aware of this mod and will look into using it then glad to help. Keep up the great work guys :)

Isnt the guy working on this also involved with socmod and something else? Must be a tremendous workload.

• Like 1

Isnt the guy working on this also involved with socmod and something else? Must be a tremendous workload.

OP Hasn't been online since March :unsure:

He has posted on this thread this month. go back a page

He has posted on this thread this month. go back a page

That's a different war_lord, not the original poster (OP) ;)

• Like 1

That's a different war_lord, not the original poster (OP) ;)

Well thats what I get for not having my morning coffee  ;)

• Like 2

Hmm thats rather unfortunate. We will just have to wait and see then.

That moment when you realize the mod you're looking forward to most, may not release :(

• Like 1

Relax-sometimes mods go a very long time with no activity-It does not mean they are dead. People have other commitments and may only work on addons during a week off work or something once or twice a year. There are plenty of mods with inactivity periods longer than this that are still very much alive. SOCMOD for example.

Be patient :)

• Like 5

It is true that Warlord is not as active as he was before. Raising kids and other real life responsibilities consumes all of his free time :).

The Project is still going, just way slower than we'd like.

Highly possible that the first released version will still be based on an A2 Port with many MH-60M attachments from the original model.

Best regards

• Like 11

Raising kids and other real life responsibilities consumes all of his free time :).

Boy aint that the truth. My kid (singular) had me up all night last night. Best of luck Warlord and the rest of the team. ARMA is still going strong so keep on pluggin away

• Like 2

I have been swamped with children, family and work. But after a nice break I'm happy to say back at it. I fully appreciate those that have understood real life commitments can be a tremendous workload. But have no fear, this mod nor socmod are dead

• Like 22

Good to hear you are back, and ofcourse, real life is always #1 priority, everybody should know that. Anyway keep it up!

• Like 1