warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

All I can say is when they finally release this mod, the long wait will definitely pay off when it comes to quality and accuracy.. :)

• Like 3

Probably this is what all the people hope. I'm very curious to see that choppers in action.

May I ask to the dev team if they have some screens for us? Just to take a look. I don't want to ask "update" or "when will be release", just a small preview if possible. Bye :)

This mod and the CH-46 are very promising!

• Like 2

I missed any informations on this topic. Do you have a source (Topic, Dev Blog etc)? Thanks

EDIT: Saw it, in the RC/DevBuild. Just never fly the Huron or any other vanilla aircraft... ;-)

Yeah I dont think it was announced in the dev branch changelogs. Unless I missed it of course. I found it on the arma subreddit. Hopefully we'll get fully animated gunners in the future (atleast something like the DCS Hueys). I know what you mean about the vanilla aircraft, which is a damn shame, because the actual models and textures are phenomenal. But the community has been pumping out helicopters that rival BIS quality like the MELB. Im sure the SOAR mod will be right up there as well.

Oh boy I can't wait for the release I look forward to flying an MH-60 DAP into battle :D it looks beautiful so far!

• Like 1

Oh boy I can't wait for the release I look forward to flying an MH-60 DAP into battle :D it looks beautiful so far!

Yeah, they sure do.

Wondering if you could make these compatible with duda123's sling load scripts; as well as his fast roping script that is supposed to be coming down the pipe or at the very least make it where we could turn off that portion from yours in case we wanted to use his?

Just checking and I can't wait to get these birds into a mission file in the future.

Wondering if you could make these compatible with duda123's sling load scripts; as well as his fast roping script that is supposed to be coming down the pipe or at the very least make it where we could turn off that portion from yours in case we wanted to use his?

Just checking and I can't wait to get these birds into a mission file in the future.

Maybe you could wait until they release their own addon before asking them to make it compatible with someone else's ;)

• Like 3

These helicopter models look so sexy, still as excited for these now as I was when you first announced. Hope all is going well, your MH-60s are beautiful! haha 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it just happens. It's a script, so it just works. We used it on the newest Chinook mod the day after it came out to lift Medium Utility Heli Hueys. 

• Like 1

It's been over six months since I last checked out this mod's progress.

I'm glad that the work has been continuous, keep it up gents. A proper A3 series of 60's is what this game (and community) has been waiting for.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure it just happens. It's a script, so it just works. We used it on the newest Chinook mod the day after it came out to lift Medium Utility Heli Hueys. 

That's good to know. I had not tried it with anything other than the stock helos right now and it was pretty slick and that is why I asked in here since I have been following this one for a long time and I wasn't sure how it would be effected with a model in progress. Personally if I was making it I would try a few things during the build to see if it would be compatible BEFORE I released it and realized it broke a bunch of things...just saying.

It has a date for release of this perfect addon ?

It has a date for release of this perfect addon ?

Hi, your last post in this thread was hidden due to asking for a release update.This is considered as spam  here so simply asking the same thing again is not a great idea.Thanks.

• Like 2

hello gents and ladys

I'm sure everyone want's to know whats happening and to let you all know the mod is still around and we are not giving up on this addon

Right now Lord has the model and were patiently waiting for him to hand it over to the rest of us to finish. last reported he was working on getting the lod's done and then its ours.. 

Like the rest of us the family and work comes first and we do what we can when we can. So its going to be slower than we want but rest assure we will get this done come hell or high water..

• Like 19

I really appreciate the update, wacko. Glad to hear this is still being worked on. 

• Like 1

Excellent news! Thank you for keeping us informed. I cannot wait for this to be released it will be a game changer for the Arma series. However, I do greatly appreciate that you all put real life first. It is a good thing to see. 

Thanks for the update it made my week better  :)

hello gents and ladys

I'm sure everyone want's to know whats happening and to let you all know the mod is still around and we are not giving up on this addon

Right now Lord has the model and were patiently waiting for him to hand it over to the rest of us to finish. last reported he was working on getting the lod's done and then its ours.. 

Like the rest of us the family and work comes first and we do what we can when we can. So its going to be slower than we want but rest assure we will get this done come hell or high water..

Good news but I'm a bit lost:

When he's done with LOD, what will you guys do? Textures or something?

Currently in the progress to getting it in game. But without the all the different LOD's the MH-60 won't be usable without a huge FPS drop.

• Like 2

Yeah, without LODs you're looking at like a 20 fps drop just for having one of them on screen.

Yeah, without LODs you're looking at like a 20 fps drop just for having one of them on screen.

false, it doesn't work like that

• Like 1

false, it doesn't work like that

10 of road runner's HK416's on screen caused that sort of frame drop, and a helicopter is a much more complex object. I would assume it would cause a similar issue, if not with one, eventually.