warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Woah, just saw this and it looks AMAZING! Good luck with development, and looking forward to release in the near future! And thank you for those UH-60 Limas :D Mogadishu here I come.

I am already working on an Operation Gothic Serpent campaign, just using other helicopters until this comes out! Also now that I remember, warlord how many people can you fit in the MH-60K in your addon?

• Like 1

I am already working on an Operation Gothic Serpent campaign, just using other helicopters until this comes out! Also now that I remember, warlord how many people can you fit in the MH-60K in your addon?

MH-60K? I thought they were only doing Lima and Mike models.

MH-60K? I thought they were only doing Lima and Mike models.

I meant to write L, K and L are next to each other so I pressed wrong key, my bad, so yeah MH-60L.

Good luck with this project.

I made one on ArmA 2, it was quite hard work.

Good luck with this project.

I made one on ArmA 2, it was quite hard work.

I played it wiki and I loved it! It was one of the little things I loved about arma 2. I played that campaign around 10 times! I played it the vanilla one, then I did the same with JSRS, then I did the remake with some extra mods, man I loved it! I will try my best!

I am already working on an Operation Gothic Serpent campaign, just using other helicopters until this comes out!

I know, looking forward to your campaign! You've read Mark Bowden's Black Hawk Down book, yes? If not I highly recommend it, it gives a lot of details for those looking to create Gothic Serpent scenarios.

I hope fastrope script will be ready on these chopper somehow

• Like 1

@wiki

We get it mate. You really want a fast rope system. No real use to write it every week into this topic.

No work has been done on this and work on this will start when the bird is usable to a degree.

• Like 7

I hope fastrope script will be ready on these chopper somehow

We get it mate. You really want a fast rope system. No real use to write it every week into this topic.

No work has been done on this and work on this will start when the bird is usable to a degree. 

Well don't we all want fast rope in arma 3? Anyway, wiki I am making my own fast roping for now as script but I am only stuck on the animation part, if you have any knowledge wiki then please add me and tell me :P

This will sure be the best mod ArmA 3 or any ArmA has ever witnessed.  ;)  ;)

Cant wait to see her in game! The quality of that bird is amazing. Really good work

Does the 160th have MH-60Cs in their inventory? C2 birds?

Nice. It will be awesome, maybe if have a radar function like the E3 awacs of USAF mod :)

Does the 160th have MH-60Cs in their inventory? C2 birds?

Fallowing  available information - no, they don't. 

This version is for CSAR USAF.

They have birds assigned to C2, but they don't have a separate variant name for them.  For example in Mogadishu the C2 bird was a MH-60L.

They have birds assigned to C2, but they don't have a separate variant name for them.  For example in Mogadishu the C2 bird was a MH-60L.

Was it? I assumed it was a Charlie. At the least, it must have been a Lima modified for C2 though.

Was it? I assumed it was a Charlie. At the least, it must have been a Lima modified for C2 though.

I believe Super 63 (the C2 bird) was indeed modified for C2, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of it.

That being said, there has never been an SOF Blackhawk variant named the MH-60C.  They went straight from the MH-60A to the MH-60L to the MH-60M.  The USAF had the ultimately canceled HH-60D and the MH/HH-60G.

Well, what features are you thinking about when you mentioning a C2 bird?

I believe Super 63 (the C2 bird) was indeed modified for C2, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of it.

That being said, there has never been an SOF Blackhawk variant named the MH-60C.  They went straight from the MH-60A to the MH-60L to the MH-60M.  The USAF had the ultimately canceled HH-60D and the MH/HH-60G.

Ah yes, just checked the Wiki and its UH, not MH-60C. Thanks for the info!

Well, what features are you thinking about when you mentioning a C2 bird?

Honestly not sure, I'd have to know more about what Charlie birds are outfitted with, but something along the lines of long-range radios, hi-spec NV and thermal cameras, the works. If anyone here has seen the film Green Zone, think about the scene towards the end with the Black Hawk (that is then shot down) that's directing the SF forces on the ground for reference. Maybe that was even a Charlie, I have no idea.

The bird in Green Zone was a CGI MH-60L as well.  :P