warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Hey Warlord, 

first off really looking forward to this mod. Its my number one mod that i am keeping track of. I was curious if you guys had done any more thoughts into how tough you plan on making these birds, the blackhawks specifically. I know its been brought up before so was again was just curious if any more thinking had gone into it. Its really my number one problem with arma3 to be honest, the fact that helos just detonate when landing hard etc. And I do know that all that is ARMAs engine.

Anyways just curious of your thoughts on the "toughness" of the blackhawks, or if there are any goals you guys have in mind for amount of damage they can take.

Again really excited for what looks to be a top tier mod. Great work guys.

Hey Warlord, 

first off really looking forward to this mod. Its my number one mod that i am keeping track of. I was curious if you guys had done any more thoughts into how tough you plan on making these birds, the blackhawks specifically. I know its been brought up before so was again was just curious if any more thinking had gone into it. Its really my number one problem with arma3 to be honest, the fact that helos just detonate when landing hard etc. And I do know that all that is ARMAs engine.

Anyways just curious of your thoughts on the "toughness" of the blackhawks, or if there are any goals you guys have in mind for amount of damage they can take.

Again really excited for what looks to be a top tier mod. Great work guys.

I asked a question similar to yours. I believe they are planning on making them "stronger" than the vanilla ones, since they are special operations.

I asked a question similar to yours. I believe they are planning on making them "stronger" than the vanilla ones, since they are special operations.

Ah thanks for the info Delta, I thought i remember seeing your post, but my phone was not being kind with the forums. Was very hard to search lol.

There will be a big focus on the damage model, but of course we all know the arma limits.

We will try to have it as close as possible to the authentic birds.

Main objective is to have the blackhawks survive a hard landing, not roll over and explode. The birds will not be bullet sponges. Except some parts like Pilot Seat and the attached Armor Plates, there won't be much armor protection.

The Rotor, TailRotor, engine, transmission will have their hitboxes with a reasonable amount of points. But bullets will go through the cargo area with ease.

Depending on the success we are having, we might have to use allowdamage 0 when certain  criterias are met, so we can script the rest of the damage. But will see.

Don't expect much in the first couple of releases, since we will be focused on SFM, AFM, Weapons and Sounds. But it will come.

• Like 1

Will you have a wreck model too?

Thanks

About the damage model - as Micheal Durant said in an interview about the bird, "Get the aircraft on the wheels. It's designed to absorb impact, but only on the wheels. If you land on its side or if you land upside down, all of those safety features are totally worthless."

• Like 3

There will be a big focus on the damage model, but of course we all know the arma limits.

We will try to have it as close as possible to the authentic birds.

Main objective is to have the blackhawks survive a hard landing, not roll over and explode. The birds will not be bullet sponges. Except some parts like Pilot Seat and the attached Armor Plates, there won't be much armor protection.

The Rotor, TailRotor, engine, transmission will have their hitboxes with a reasonable amount of points. But bullets will go through the cargo area with ease.

Depending on the success we are having, we might have to use allowdamage 0 when certain  criterias are met, so we can script the rest of the damage. But will see.

Don't expect much in the first couple of releases, since we will be focused on SFM, AFM, Weapons and Sounds. But it will come.

Very cool Swiss thanks for that !

About the damage model - as Micheal Durant said in an interview about the bird, "Get the aircraft on the wheels. It's designed to absorb impact, but only on the wheels. If you land on its side or if you land upside down, all of those safety features are totally worthless."

Very true!

• Like 2

Warlord I want to ask 1 question which I think is considered spam but I can't help myself. Are you planning to release anything near January or February or are we still long way from seeing even atleast the MH-60Ks in the game?

• Like 1

i'm almost finished with lods. They will soon go to the guys for tweak and flight testing. So yes, you are very close to seeing them not only ingame, but released. thank you for being patient

• Like 9

i'm almost finished with lods. They will soon go to the guys for tweak and flight testing. So yes, you are very close to seeing them not only ingame, but released. thank you for being patient

Very good news !

BTW, have you found a solution for fastrope ? Or still working on it?

You're probably more excited then we are i'm guessing

• Like 1

You're probably more excited then we are i'm guessing

haha that's an understatement man!!! :p

• Like 2

It is one of the most beautiful things I heard today, Merry Christmas to you Warlord, and of course, all in the foro... Happy Holidays!!!!

• Like 1

I am waiting for them since you started this thread, I am so glad to see them finally arrive.

• Like 1

Well it's certainly better than the other Christmas present I was probably gonna get.

REALLY looking forward to this, guys.

• Like 1

Well it's certainly better than the other Christmas present I was probably gonna get.

REALLY looking forward to this, guys.

You don't like this cardigan i knitted you :( 

• Like 4

You don't like this cardigan i knitted you :(

Sorry bro.  Wool's too itchy. 

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to this mod since this thread started, on a side note have you guys decided what you are going to do with crew chief animations? I believe I read you guys weren't going to use the standard animations for crew chiefs/ door gunners. Great work!

I've been looking forward to this mod since this thread started, on a side note have you guys decided what you are going to do with crew chief animations? I believe I read you guys weren't going to use the standard animations for crew chiefs/ door gunners. Great work!

that's the plan... not sure yet how it.s going to go but yes we want to change it. 

Woah, just saw this and it looks AMAZING! Good luck with development, and looking forward to release in the near future! And thank you for those UH-60 Limas :D Mogadishu here I come.