warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

Littlebird will be delayed. aBates is currently to busy with school.

Featurewise it wont a big package. What I can say is that the flightmodel (and AFM) will be at least usable ;-).

While fastrope is a importend piece of the puzzle, it wont be featured yet. Simply because we didnt put in any work yet (AFAIK).

No big scripters released yet a reliable and MP ready fastrope function with dynamic ropes, so I do not believe it will be here anytime soon. Sorry. Maybe we have to go back to static ropes.

What about the fast roping script / mod from Raven called LIFTER?

Well its not very realistic its like a pole spawning on the side of the helicopter and then just people sliding it down. I would like to see a fast rope like it was in AGM i really liked that one.

Well, as I said in the same post:

... Maybe we hve to go back to static ropes.

Which would cover that direction.

As Alex said, they are completly static ropes and since A3 Heli DLC was released, everybody wants RopeX Fastroping. Since ACE Devs continue to postpone their FastRope Scripts, we might use something static until someone has a 100% functioning Multiplayer Compatibile RopeX function. (Hello BIS?! Please let us model the ropes.)

I like how the Lifter Fastropes work. Its simple, intuitive and after you check in your decent order, its automatic. So nobody crashes into another fast roper.

• Like 1

You could use the Sling -Load ropes?

I was thinking exactly that! You guys could use the sling load ropes from the helicopter DLC. I tried making a script for the ghosthawk to use the sling load ropes for fast rope but i kind of gave up after a sometime since i had some more interesting things to do.

• Like 1

Just to clarify:

The technology as you refer as Sling-Load is based on the above mentioned RopeX...

AGM/ACE FastRope did look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IPr1yW6NgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ln1aqG2acg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXMr7lbJM4

You notice the way to thin ropes? They should look more like this.

Yep, thats the unchangable RopeX from BIS. Or how you guys call it: "Sling-Load Rope"

Last time I tested AGM Fastropes, it did hurt 50 % of the ropers. 

Last time I tested AGM Fastropes, it did hurt 50 % of the ropers. 

Not to mention it seemed to put a massive strain on dedicated server FPS once the ropes were deployed. Hopefully we'll have some thick ropes eventually, that work well without hurting people, and is server-friendly!

I do have a question regarding the Black Hawks. What are your plans regarding the interior MFDs, and indicators such as airspeed, attitude and heading? I love looking at the interior instruments while flying, but unfortunately many of the custom helicopters we see in ArmA III have outdated and barely usable instruments, especially when it comes to their attitude indicators. At this point I would be glad even if you decide to use the vanilla Ghost Hawk's instruments (at least they work!).

buldozer%202015-09-12%2013-31-08-65_zpse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive this is the only cockpit image you've released so far, so it would be interesting to see what your take on the instruments will be.

• Like 3

The plan is to have fully functional MFD. it wont be a BIS layout... I don't want to say what will be in it and what will be left out. Have to keep somethings a surprise... Since Warlord like to talk haha

• Like 4

The plan is to have fully functional MFD. it wont be a BIS layout... I don't want to say what will be in it and what will be left out. Have to keep somethings a surprise... Since Warlord like to talk haha

Sound good! :wub:

• Like 1

That's some awesome news!

How many polys are these vehicles? 

Dont know what exact final polycount will be yet. You worried?

no, my PC will be able to handle it, it's more the case if Arma can handle the glorious 4k without shitting a baby 

• Like 2

Spam posts have been removed, please note asking for updates/release dates are considered a form of spam on the forums. Addon makers will post news when they have news and not before. 

• Like 8

Spam posts have been removed, please note asking for updates/release dates are considered a form of spam on the forums. Addon makers will post news when they have news and not before. 

I apologize, I was only attempting to make some humor out of the spam posts  :)

Regardless, the updates are looking quite nice, great work

Coming along guys. Kiddos started school so time has been a bit limited. I still lose sleep every night for you though, no worries

• Like 4

For the fans who can't wait for this mod, there is a mod called UH-60 A3 made by EricJ in which gives you the Blackhawk's who are also being developed in this mod. If I am correct Warlord 554 helped EricJ on that mod. 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28922

Yep, I've seen it but there are some little problems with that mod. One that I can remember from the top of my head is that when you dive with the helicopter even a bit it is almost impossible to pull up again which results in you crashing most of the time.

Yep, I've seen it but there are some little problems with that mod. One that I can remember from the top of my head is that when you dive with the helicopter even a bit it is almost impossible to pull up again which results in you crashing most of the time.

Oh I haven't noticed it yet, thanks for the heads up! There are indeed some bugs like that for some reason only half of your team can board the helicopter with a nearly empty cabin

Oh I haven't noticed it yet, thanks for the heads up! There are indeed some bugs like that for some reason only half of your team can board the helicopter with a nearly empty cabin

Yeah that also sucks a lot. I also find the helicopter looks a bit grayish and not black enough to be a black hawk :)

I have a question, hopefully this isnt considered spam, but do you intend on releasing the helicopters one at a time or as one big whole?

• Like 2

Been asked alot. Should post the answer on the front page i guess. But anywho, they are split into "packs"

The exact pbo pack layout is yet to be determined but something like...

Hawks.pbo

littlebirds.pbo

chinooks.pbo

core.pbo

AirWeapons.pbo

Etc etc

While being split they will all require the base "core" pbos like weapons, core configs etc

• Like 3

When will you relea.....no,just kidding ;)

Looks outstanding and i am really looking forward!!

Thanks for the hard work and frequent updates.

(Sorry for my bad english)

• Like 1