warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

That is because they dont fly them, this helicopter is featured in the movie Zero Dark Thirty as Wiki stated above, that is the only time they were used. (They are probably still in development at Area 51).

Yup I know I've seen the film brother. It's not like I don't want this beauty but in the past someone asked warlord to add some apaches and he said that the 160th doesn't fly them and IF he adds any helicopters not flown by the 160th SOAR he would have to change the mod title or something. Warlord you aren't changing the title right and if you are adding more helicopters not flown by the SOAR what are you planning?

• Like 1

Yup I know I've seen the film brother. It's not like I don't want this beauty but in the past someone asked warlord to add some apaches and he said that the 160th doesn't fly them and IF he adds any helicopters not flown by the 160th SOAR he would have to change the mod title or something. Warlord you aren't changing the title right and if you are adding more helicopters not flown by the SOAR what are you planning?

But the 160th used something like this on the raid. So he is not making a helicopter that does not belong in the pack.

• Like 2

But the 160th used something like this on the raid. So he is not making a helicopter that does not belong in the pack.

Nailed it!

Used by SOAR on special missions

The Area 51 is Nellis :)

Area 51 isn't Nellis AFB, Nellis is directly to the north east of Las Vegas (technically its apart of Las Vegas), Area 51 is a good 100 miles north a Vegas, a lot of its workers fly from McCarren Airport in Vegas to Area 51  

• Like 1

Hey just a quick note about the stealth blackhawk.

I read Mark Owen's book "No Easy Day" where he talks about these choppers. There's room for at least 15 operators, and they're totally packed in there, with guys hanging their legs out of the doors so they could shoot their weapons as soon as they got to the compound. Hope those features are included!

Hey just a quick note about the stealth blackhawk.

I read Mark Owen's book "No Easy Day" where he talks about these choppers. There's room for at least 15 operators, and they're totally packed in there, with guys hanging their legs out of the doors so they could shoot their weapons as soon as they got to the compound. Hope those features are included!

Actually...if you read the prologue he says he changes facts in order to protect sensitive/secret information. What he wrote had nothing to do with this airframe. He changed all of that so he didn't get his book black marked by the US Government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it!

Used by SOAR on special missions

Well just curious. Have these beauties been used on more missions than just the Bin Laden raid?

Who truely knows bud. Stealth tech been around a long while now, and im sure it will play a big role in aircraft development for future generations. But hey this is arma, and you can use it for any mission you want, just dont crash it at your target site ;)

• Like 2

Actually...if you read the prologue he says he changes facts in order to protect sensitive/secret information. What he wrote had nothing to do with this airframe. He changed all of that so he didn't get his book black marked by the US Government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

In the books, he just call the choppers "blackhawks"

Who truely knows bud. Stealth tech been around a long while now, and im sure it will play a big role in aircraft development for future generations. But hey this is arma, and you can use it for any mission you want, just dont crash it at your target site ;)

Hahaha you are so right dude. But if I do I'll make sure I blow it afterwards. ^_^

Hahaha you are so right dude. But if I do I'll make sure I blow it afterwards. ^_^

Well, make sure the tail rotor is destroyed this time lol

Well, make sure the tail rotor is destroyed this time lol

hahaha!

Yeah if CSAT traces its design back to SOAS im feeding you guys to the media :p

I'm digging the angles and slopes on that new "GhostHawk" I believe that model you have devised, is about as close as an artist can get to the actual helicopters used in that mission,without having the exact spec sheet on it.  The A3 vanilla Ghosthawk is an extremely advanced imagination of that design that indeed would be fitting for a 2035 imagination of that bird in mass production. 

I'm also very excited that Warlord & team are sticking strong to the 160th SOAR theme for this project and not "coloring outside the lines" by making this an international blackhawk pack. These guys in the U.S. 160th, spearhead almost all USSOCOM operations in all manner of environments, with all varieties of the worlds most vicious warriors aboard. They deserve their own 'locker' here in the Armaverse & I can't think of a better team of guys to give it to them.

Death Waits-In The Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JdOyS0Nu8

• Like 1

Yeah if CSAT traces its design back to SOAS im feeding you guys to the media :P

Don't worry we're good pilots, you won't see your helos go to waste brother! I'll fly them and take care of them like they are my family!

Will the Stealth Hawk have seats? or will you let your feet dangle in the wind?

No seats. Pile in. Dunno about "feet dangle" because that would defeat the purpose of stealth technology

Would it be possible to load the mini guns with tracers for training and possibly other training weapons too?

No seats. Pile in. Dunno about "feet dangle" because that would defeat the purpose of stealth technology

True, unless we have stealth shoes in 2035 

True, unless we have stealth shoes in 2035 

Hahahaha! Totally possible! :P

We may compensate for it by giving the troops seated next to the doors ffv capability, so when you open the doors on target site you can engage/provide cover. Just dont shoot with the doors closed! :p

• Like 3

Is there any e.t.a. on when this mod will be available? I can't wait to start playing this mod... Or did I miss the download link somewhere ......

This mod is all I have been hoping and waiting for !!

Is there any e.t.a. on when this mod will be available? I can't wait to start playing this mod... Or did I miss the download link somewhere ......

This mod is all I have been hoping and waiting for !!

When its done?

• Like 2

Yep the mod is coming when it's done. Just be patient dude, good things take time and since this is the best thing it will take a long time :)

• Like 1