warlord554

1stBN/160th SOAR Mod ArmA III WIP

No idea if this has been answered but will there be a WIP release? These birds are lookin' mighty sexy and I really want to touch them with my virtual hands.

• Like 1

No idea if this has been answered but will there be a WIP release? These birds are lookin' mighty sexy and I really want to touch them with my virtual hands.

You are not alone buddy, you are not alone...

Im in a cave and not coming out until they finished

You sir are my hero.

• Like 1

LOL...that is dedication!

So for OFP we had BAS, for ARMA 2 we had yurapetrov and for ARMA 3 it seems you lot take up the mantle of the premier blackhawk content producers. I'm very impressed by what you've shown so far and eagerly await every new bit of information. Two questions though. Firstly, will the doorgunners be fully animated? The old Arma 2 animations where the gunners just sit there and mindlessly stare in front of them is a bit of an immersion killer. Will we see gunners actually operating the weapon and sticking their heads out? Secondly, is it possible to implement interior lighting? It looks very atmospheric if done right. I remember the ghosthawk being bugged in the beta and having its interior lit up by the external light. It looked quite cool.

I really wonder how you will add fastrope - how you will handle it.

I'm curious, really eager to see it.

we have discussed gunner animations quite a bit. We have some great ideas but we will test and see what actually works ingame. So stay tuned for that answer. What you will not see, is gunners sitting in their chairs, arms folded while that guns magically move.

Yes interior lighting will be available. Including red. We will look into a better lit cockpit but ill keep that classified for now ;)

Fastroping, well you will have to wait and see

• Like 2

Can it be possible to drop flares,grenades and smoke from the Littlebirds?  BW-mod has it in their BO-105`s?  From Co-pilot seat,they see with their IR-Screen where to put it?

we have discussed gunner animations quite a bit. We have some great ideas but we will test and see what actually works ingame. So stay tuned for that answer. What you will not see, is gunners sitting in their chairs, arms folded while that guns magically move.

Yes interior lighting will be available. Including red. We will look into a better lit cockpit but ill keep that classified for now ;)

Fastroping, well you will have to wait and see

I would wait for Ace 3 functionality for fastroping.

I really wonder how you will add fastrope - how you will handle it.

I'm curious, really eager to see it.

Since you were now multiple times asking the same question. Except the model of the rope there is nothing done yet. Maybe a little brainstorming, but thats about it. As I said previously, there are no reliable RopeX scripts done yet, so until some genius gets one done, we will likely use an old A2 or a static rope model .

I would wait for Ace 3 functionality for fastroping.

ACE will be supported, thats a no brainer. But if it has the immersion of AGM's with unlimited rope spamming for sake of simplicity, than I prefer to have a more user operated feature. And a lot of guys don't use ACE (For the records: I'm a happy user of ACE, so compatibility will be there)

• Like 1

That's because I put you their and I wont let you out

• Like 2

Damn, I haven't checked this thread for a while, things are looking amazing! Waiting for first release, THANK YOU GUYS!

• Like 1

O-M-G! Beautiful looking. I didn't know this beauty flies in the 160th SOAR

O-M-G! Beautiful looking. I didn't know this beauty flies in the 160th SOAR

That is because they dont fly them, this helicopter is featured in the movie Zero Dark Thirty as Wiki stated above, that is the only time they were used. (They are probably still in development at Area 51).

Lets get Osama in his house!!! Really this is absolutelly pretty awesome chopper, good work... I must to say i love you! :) :D

"It lacks the firepower and speed of a blackhawk, but it can hide" ;)

It was built of our actual hawk airframe, mostly inspired by ZDT but ive taken stealth elements/designs from lots of concepts and created our own version. Also has retractable refueling probe (not shown). I had suprised the team with this idea and its just a bonus bird for you guys

• Like 1

Another lady coming along...

Interesting, is this your take on the Stealth Hawk?